The sunlight had poked its face through the clouds for the moment and was shining down into the streets. Clark had the window down and rested his arm casually on the door as the wind ruffled his hair.
Finally, you gave the poor man some sun!

The window fight was cute and funny. I'm glad that side of Clark (and Lois) is starting to come back.

Lois reached under her chair and pulled out the second massive piece of cake that she had been harboring there.
Be Prepared. Now who's the Scout?

“Everyone and their dog with half a sniff for criminality in this city know Lex Luthor,” Bobby said, taking another bite. He saw Lois’s flat look, and he looked at her in disbelief. “You’re not joking. You really don’t know.” He chuckled. “And here we all thought you were dating him because you were onto him—looking for evidence, or something. But you really didn’t know?” The last sentence was said in something as close to glee that Lois had ever heard in the snitch’s voice.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Lois demanded, fire in her eyes.

Bobby’s humor vanished at the glare and he swallowed, but this time it wasn’t because of his food. “Well, Kent knew. I figured he’d tell you.” He turned an accusatory glare on Clark. “Why didn’t you tell her, heh?”
Lois so deserved this!

Clark leaped onto the rooftop of the building beside the alley
I noticed he did this earlier, too. Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but how does he do this if he can't fly? I never heard that he could jump especially well.

He had the car keys to the rental car.
LOL! Boy, you are so dead.

“But then he left me,” she said, her voice growing cold again. Just like he must have left Superman. He was too caught up in his own business—whatever it was. Too caught up in his own life to worry about how Superman had needed his friendship—or how much it would affect Lois if he left her there without a word.
Oh, nonononono. This is bad.

“So you . . . don’t like your partner? Maybe you should talk to Perry and he would split you up.”

A lance of panic struck right through Lois’s heart. “No!” she said before she even thought about it.
Well, maybe not so bad after all.

So I was trying to be nice—to make it up to him, you know?
Ha! That was nice, Lois?

Melinda’s hand shook, but she drew her notepad towards her and flipped to her most recent conversation with Lois Lane and with a quavering voice read through them—with everything from the reporter’s rants on her naïve partner, to every single word that slipped out of Lois’s mouth about one Lex Luthor.
OMG. You know, Smirky, I've seen your picture, and you're such a pretty, sweet looking lady. Where did this evil, dark side come from????

laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds