Wow! Amazing part!

The problem wasn’t fate, necessarily. It was people. Someone had targeted her, and targeted Superman. Someone who was still out there.

Someone who could put Lois Lane on fate’s bad side again.

There was a knock at the door.
And that someone is right outside your door now. I just loved how you worded these three sentences.

“Lois, my dear. You look stunning this evening,” Lex intoned, presenting her with the flowers.
Ugh! Anyone have a fly swatter so I can swat away this annoying pest? grumble

Lois took them. Their scent wafted up towards her. They smelled like new rain and clean ocean—like the air above Metropolis, when she flew with Him.
Lex’s flowers even remind her of Superman. Something tells me that wasn’t Lex’s intention.

Lex sat back, wearing a slight frown of disapproval. “Ah, yes. Clark Kent.”

Lois didn’t like his tone of voice. “Yes, Clark Kent,” she affirmed.

“Considering your elite status among reporters, I am still astounded that Mr. White would put you with someone so inexperienced.”

“Clark isn’t that bad,” Lois said, almost defensively. “He may be experienced, but we all had to start somewhere. He has a good heart, and he’s one of the better writers I’ve come across.”

She didn’t know why she was defending him. After all, he had been quite useless throughout their whole dealings with the Primaries earlier that day. But still . . . that was between her and Clark, and it certainly wasn’t Lex’s business to know or his place to criticize her partner.
You go girl! Someone hand Lois a fly swatter!

Prometheus Project.

C.O. MP murdered.

Clark had written those down in his suspicion sheet for Lex Luthor. Lois remembered, having chuckled over the old thing more than once over the past couple weeks. Now, though, she couldn’t help but wonder.

What if…

What if Clark Kent was right after all?
Someone give her a gold star! She’s starting to see the light! Now the real fun begins!

Lex knew. He had seen everything.

She needed to get out of here. Now.
Don’t panic, Lois!

“Of course,” Lois said, her voice still strangely detached, and she meant it. She didn’t mean to drag Luthor’s name through the gossip columns. No. The created character of Lex Luthor was going to die an infamous death, and the devil that hid behind his façade was going to rot in jail, no matter how sick he was.

Serves him right, her inner voice snarled. She found she didn’t want to quiet it, this time.

Curse him. Curse him to death. May he die in jail, defamed and fallen, never to rise again. Lois swore it would be so.

It was far too good of a fate for him. Let him be locked up in a white room. Let him rot away in lonely white terror and black dreams.

He had hurt Superman. He had filled his eyes with shadows, and Lois’s dreams with nightmares. He had watched it all, caused it all, and now he was hiding and waiting behind a smile…Waiting to strike again…Daring to call himself good, as beneath his white face he hid darkness, and blood, and screams.

Let him rot with the devils that call him kin.
This is fantastic writing! I love her anger here.

Lex downed the rest of his wine and set down the glass carefully on the balcony railing. “They’re not sure,” he replied, emotionlessly. “My condition was not good. Until two days ago I was bedridden, and we thought the worst.” He paused, looking over at her. His eyes lingered on her like a touch, and he smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “All is not lost, however. With research my doctors have discovered a type of radiation treatment, and with a slightly altered version of the usual attack against such illness, we have good hope for full recovery.”
eek Was Superman taken and experimented on because of Luthor’s illness?

Lois collapsed on her bed, her body shaking as she found herself helpless against the unexplainable tears. She curled in on herself, feeling cold, furious, so afraid, so alone . . .

“Superman,” Lois choked between her tears, hugging herself as she shut her eyes against the world. “K-kal-El. Superman. I really, really need you right now. Please. Please. P-please. S-superman...”

Silence, but for her own shuddering breaths around her tears as rain began to patter against the darkened window.
Now I’d like to hit Clark with a fly swatter! Go to her, Clark. She needs you and you need her.

This story is just amazing! I'm so glad to see Lois finally seeing the truth. Now all we need is for the last puzzle piece to fall into place...that Clark is Superman! laugh

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.