Hi everyone, thanks for your comments.

Maria, I'm glad you enjoyed this section and Clark's testimony. More is coming up now.

Hi Terry, thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the courtroom scene. Being a lawyer, this is my element and it was fun to write. I'm also glad you liked the scene with Clark examining Lois's ring - it is definitely symbolic of what Clark has been through and how he's changed. And thanks for your understanding. I haven't been reading much fanfic at all recently, but I look forward to reading your story.

Ann, I agree that Terry's feedback was terrific and well worth quoting. As to how much angst there will be in Part III, well, we'll all see. I've sent the last part of this story to my betas and will be starting Part III soon. I also really liked writing the scene with Lois and Jimmy. I think he has grown up to the point where he can be friends with Lois on an equal footing. And his gift was very thoughtful (I'll admit to being a fan of black and white photography - it allows you to concentrate on light and shadows).

Carol, I'm glad you liked this part. In truth, you can get away with a good bit on cross examination of a witness. You can't outright harass the witness, but you have a right to forcefully question their testimony and their motives in defense of your client. Nor's lawyer is a jerk, but his actions weren't beyond the pale.

I agree that Clark's reflections on the ring are bittersweet. Both he and Lois have been through a lot and have sacrificed a lot. Their lives will never be the same and they can't get back what they've given up. But they do still love each other. We'll have to wait and see if that's enough.

Carol and Terry, as for why Lois doesn't write about Clark, I cut the poor woman a little slack. She can only have one psychological epiphany at a time. wink

Thanks for commenting, LLWB. I'm glad you liked that scene. More is on its way!

Thanks again, everyone.

Rac