What a hoot!

And she didn’t want Clark if that was the only way she could have him. Oh, she wanted him. What woman wouldn’t? Especially if they had him within their grasp like this. But Sue would always know the truth. Deep down, she would always know that his heart really belonged to another... to Lois. She would always know that she had forced him into this.

It reminded her in a creepy way of Lex Luthor. How Lex had always tried to force Lois to love him. Nuh-uh, not her, no way. This whole situation was beyond bizarre, and strange, and utterly impossible. But certain values remained the same, no matter what situation she found herself in.
Good for you.

She turned a couple of more pages to get to the brick wall she had stopped at – and then she froze, too shocked to move.

There was handwriting on the paper – handwriting that wasn’t hers. She read the words out loud to herself to make sure they were real –

‘I think it needs to go more like this, Sue. I made a few suggestions. I hope you don’t mind. Please don’t ever stop writing. I can’t wait to see how this one, um, turns out. – Clark.’
No offense, D J, but could I have Clark as my beta reader when you're done with him?

The others, the ones before Sue, he had convinced to just leave the ‘fandom’ that they wrote for and move on to other pursuits. That had worked well enough, but Herb liked this outcome better. After all, without new stories, Clark Kent and Lois Lane wouldn’t have much of a life, would they?
Gee, is that anyone I know? Hmm?

I also want to thank James (d8a) - the story I’m beta reading for him right now gave me a little inspiration for a piece of my ending
I find him pretty inspirational, too. (Not that you could tell from my latest fic.)

What a fun ending! James was telling me that he hasn't had the chance to get on the boards for a couple days. I was laughing and slapping my knees so much that he'll be reading you first thing in the AM.

Elisabeth