There are so many things here for me to be enthusiastic about, Nancy.

Clark was holding Jon’s hand. His other arm was slung across the bed rail and he was resting his head on his arm.

Jon awoke and looked around. The staff seemed to be pretty busy. There must be some pretty sick patients here. He was glad that he apparently wasn’t considered one of the sickest patients. He raised his hand and ruffled his dad’s hair.
This father/son scene is absolutely wonderful.

Jon turned on his side towards his dad. He bit his lip waiting for the subsequent pain to subside. “I almost died, didn’t I?”

Clark raised both eyebrows in shock. “You quit breathing for several seconds, but that’s all. That’s why they put you on the ventilator.”

Jon shook his head. “No. I almost died. Mom wouldn’t let me. She pushed me back.” Clark just blinked slowly.
I'm glad he told Clark about Lois. I would have liked to see more of a reaction from Clark, though.

Jon thought to Claire, <Claire, are you awake?>

<Yes. I’m awake.>

<You’re crying. Again. Claire, I almost died. I saw mom.> Then he proceeded to give her Lois’ message. Claire protested that he was just dreaming just as he thought she would. <Just look on the bookshelf, Claire. Okay.>
And I'm very glad he told Claire.

Then he told his dad what his mom had said about his relationship with Hannah.
Good. Good.

Jon frowned. “Why would she think I’m not committed?”

Clark raised an eyebrow. “Well, why would she? Have you told her how you feel? I mean, I know you have told her you love her. But you’ve been telling her that for many years - as a friend. Isn’t it different now?” Jon nodded slowly. “And have you told her it’s different?”

“I.. I guess not. I guess I just thought she’d know.” He looked down.

“Nope. Women don’t work like that, son. They need to be told.
Thanks for telling that to Jon, Clark!!!

“But dad… I’ve always wanted to wait until I was married.”

Clark nodded. “I know, Jon. Does Hannah know how important that is to you?”

He shook his head no. “I don’t think so. I don’t think she would have done what she did if she knew.”

Clark’s eyes twinkled. “But I believe you still enjoyed it, did you not?”

Jon blushed. “Well…” He nodded. “But I’d still have preferred to wait for that, too.”

Clark thought for a moment. “Well, you need to tell Hannah that. But Hannah isn’t just ready for sex, Jon. She’s ready for marriage.”

Jon looked at him incredulously. “Are you saying what I think you’re saying?”

Clark sighed. “That’s up to you, Jon. You are young, but you are both very, very mature for your years.”
Good. Good. Good. Thank you for telling him, Clark.

Jon narrowed his eyes. “You know I have to live on campus my first year at MetSA. She might not like having to live in the dorm with me my first year of college.”

Clark grinned. “Really? I bet she’d be happy with you no matter where that was, Jon. Do you know how wonderful it is to have someone love you like that?”
That college dorm thing was a weak excuse, Jon. drool )

She came towards him, floated up and kissed his neck. She peeked over his shoulder.
Well, there's nothing wrong with an over-the-shoulder view either, I'm sure!!!

“Hmm… I don’t know. I kind of like you like this.” He leaned into the door and groaned. She giggled again. “Here.” She didn’t hand him the towel though. She wrapped it around him, making contact at just the right places. Then she fluttered kisses down his back before turning away.
Oh, oh, oh, wow.

“I hope I’m not being too forward, but I’m not sure how much time you have here, and I really like you, Los.” She brushed her lips across his. “No, I think I’m in love with you. I think I fell in love with you the minute I saw you.”
And she tells him, too.

“I… The feelings are mutual Marisol. I love you.” He sat down on the bed heavily. He hung his head.

She sat down beside him and rested her hand on his leg. “Los. What’s wrong?”

“I… I’m royalty. I have to have a ‘royal’ relationship.” He swallowed hard. “I don’t like it, but K’al is going to push the issue. No, he is going to *force* the issue.”
K'al is disgusting. Well, he is. And Kryptonian royal protocol is disgusting.

She started laughing, clearly not understanding the gravity of the situation. “Well, let’s see. When I was ten, I was crowed the Wheat Queen of Kansas.”

His eyes brightened. “The Queen of Wheat. Yes. The Queen of Wheat. That could work.”

She looked at him and realized he was serious. “It was a joke. It means nothing, Los.”

He shook his head. “Don’t tell me that. And don’t tell K’al that. Right now, it means the world… the universe. You have no idea.”
Oh, wow! Lord Los-El of the House of El of Krypton is going to propose to Marisol, the Queen of Wheat of Kansas, Earth?

She smiled. “Very well. I’m the Queen of Wheat.” She bowed. Then she pulled him to her and put her arms around him. “Did you find out about my father?”

He nodded. “Yes. His name was Drull. He was…”

“One of Lord Nor’s lieutenants. Yes, I did a paper in school on the Smallville invasion. I know who he is. Interesting. Now if I could find out who my biological mother is. It’s no big thing, I suppose. My mom and dad were… my parents, but she still gave me life.” She smiled and caressed his cheek. “Kiss me, Los.”
I think she should be interested in her biological mother. She should be grateful to her, too. After all, her mother was raped and became pregnant, and she could have had an abortion, but she kept the baby and gave birth to Marisol. You should be interested and grateful, Mari.

“Los. Like I said. I don’t know how much time we have.” He nodded. “Make love to me, Los. Please?"
Straight to the point. I love it.

He took a deep breath and nodded. “Yes, Mari. I will.” He blushed a little then smiled. “We.. uh.. need…”

She kissed him on his cheek. “Oh, I can take care of that. I have condoms in my room.” She took him by the hand. “Come on.”

“Condoms?” He wondered what those were. “You’ve *planned*… this?”
It's very good to plan those things, Los. Really.

“Like I said, we don’t know how much time we have together.”

They entered her room and closed the door behind him. Los leaned towards her and murmured against her hair. “Yes, we don’t know how much time we have. And I am… so in love you. Make love to me, Mari.”
Oh, how sweet. <happy sigh>

But now you've got me thinking. Dave said that Los was his grandfather. And one of the telepathic images that Dave gave Clark was how Los shouted "No!". At least I think so, because I was reeling from the Laney-WHAM at that point of your story.

So why was Los shouting "No!"? And why would Dave remember it? I can't help thinking that just maybe, Los could be Dave's father, not his grandfather. But then, who would Dave's mother be? Marisol? Ah, well, probably not. It seems just impossible that Dave would have no powers at all, except for his telepathy, if he had a fully Kryptonian father and a Krypterran mother. So I guess Los is Dave's grandfather, then, not his father. Well, that still means that Los had to have at least one child. Is Dave descended from Los's son or daughter? And who was the mother of Los's child?

Claire kept turning the note over in her hands that she had found in her dad’s book that was sitting on her bookshelf. She could hardly believe it. It was written on stationery that she had just gotten at Christmas. Yet it was in her mother’s handwriting. It *was* from her mother.

The note read: Claire, honey. I know something terrible has happened. I don’t know what, but I want to tell you know that I love you and that I wish I was there to hold you. Trust your daddy, honey. Trust him. Love, Mommy
Oh, this is lovely.

A DVD was with the note, but it said basically the same thing - with the addition of Lois telling her that she wished she could hold her while she cried.. Claire swallowed hard. She couldn’t tell her daddy what had happened. She couldn’t *not* tell her daddy what happened. She sighed, started crying yet again, and went to find him.
Glad to hear about the DVD. And I guess she needed to tell Clark.

She nodded and handed him the note. He read it and looked up at her. “Is this what Jon told you about?”

She nodded. “Funny thing is though that it’s written on stationery I got last Christmas.”

He nodded. “Your mom made a visit here to congratulate Jenni and Zared.” He chose not to tell her about the other visit. When she looked incredulous and questions were written on her face, he held up his hand. “I don’t know how she did it. I just know she did. I saw her, but only Jenni, Zared, K’al, Los, and Lara spoke to her.
I wish she hadn't been so secretive.

You know, I remember from a previous part that you said that Lois will probably come to all her children's weddings. Well, there is probably one wedding coming up relatively soon - Jon and Hannah's. I hope Lois will be there, and I hope that she is going to give Claire a hug then.

“So trust me, honey. You *can* tell me *anything*. I promise.”

“You’ll be mad. It’s my fault.”

He smiled and shook his head no. “No, I won’t.”

She sighed and began quietly crying. “Alex raped me, daddy.”
Well, this is a small WHAM. Nothing like the previous one, of course. But I'm very much looking forward to reading about the repercussions of the rape-WHAM. (I'll try to avoid the other one.)

Ann