Sorry to hear about your job. I hope I can cheer you up a little bit. Send that nasty terminator some of them:
drool

Are you OK?" she asked.

Lois didn't answer. She just sat there looking completely taken aback. Isabel yanked the card out of Lois' hand. If she wasn't going to tell her what was wrong, she'd just have to find out the only way she could.

The note read "Have dinner with me tomorrow. Your wish will be granted." It was signed "The Phantom"
The Phantom, indeed! LOL! Wonderful. And only Lois knows who "The Phantom" was. I bet the flowers are from Lana, though.

She would never have gone out shopping with this girl, especially considering that her usual choice of clothes was "the least fabric there is, the better".
Isabel is just like Cat. And I thought she was one of a kind. thumbsup

Lois jumped out of her chair and all but ran over to Isabel's desk. Both women stormed out of the newsroom, each of them excited to be going shopping, although they had very different reasons to be happy about it.
Huh? What reasonn does Cat - sorry, Isabel have?

Kathryn saw two regular customers come in: the short, slender man with octopus arms and his companion, the burly man who barely ever said more than two words at a time. She called in their usual order and prepared their coffee as fast as she could.
Just a minute. Kathryn Parker and a man with octopus arms? Oh-oh! clap clap clap

"Um... You could say that," Lana confessed, her cheeks turning slightly pink. "As pathetic as this is going to sound, you're about the closest thing to an acquaintance that I have around here."

"Listen... Lana?" Lois had a sudden urge to reach out to her. "I don't really have very many friends either. Maybe... we could have a cup of coffee together sometime and chat a little? If you like, I mean."
Lana and Lois becoming friends? Who would have thought.. But, as I said, I like *this* Lana. So does Lois, it seems.

Flowers? Clark guessed that this is how Lana had sent her the invitation for dinner. Nice touch, he thought. She might have informed him of it, though... He smiled and nodded, hoping Lois hadn't noticed his surprise.
I knew it! My, I can't stop laughing. First those butterflies, then that desk, now the flowers... rotflol

Hey, don't leave me there! You can't do that! This is just too great to be posted (and read) in bits and pieces.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)