Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35255 12/06/06 11:32 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry to hear about your job. I hope I can cheer you up a little bit. Send that nasty terminator some of them:
drool

Are you OK?" she asked.

Lois didn't answer. She just sat there looking completely taken aback. Isabel yanked the card out of Lois' hand. If she wasn't going to tell her what was wrong, she'd just have to find out the only way she could.

The note read "Have dinner with me tomorrow. Your wish will be granted." It was signed "The Phantom"
The Phantom, indeed! LOL! Wonderful. And only Lois knows who "The Phantom" was. I bet the flowers are from Lana, though.

She would never have gone out shopping with this girl, especially considering that her usual choice of clothes was "the least fabric there is, the better".
Isabel is just like Cat. And I thought she was one of a kind. thumbsup

Lois jumped out of her chair and all but ran over to Isabel's desk. Both women stormed out of the newsroom, each of them excited to be going shopping, although they had very different reasons to be happy about it.
Huh? What reasonn does Cat - sorry, Isabel have?

Kathryn saw two regular customers come in: the short, slender man with octopus arms and his companion, the burly man who barely ever said more than two words at a time. She called in their usual order and prepared their coffee as fast as she could.
Just a minute. Kathryn Parker and a man with octopus arms? Oh-oh! clap clap clap

"Um... You could say that," Lana confessed, her cheeks turning slightly pink. "As pathetic as this is going to sound, you're about the closest thing to an acquaintance that I have around here."

"Listen... Lana?" Lois had a sudden urge to reach out to her. "I don't really have very many friends either. Maybe... we could have a cup of coffee together sometime and chat a little? If you like, I mean."
Lana and Lois becoming friends? Who would have thought.. But, as I said, I like *this* Lana. So does Lois, it seems.

Flowers? Clark guessed that this is how Lana had sent her the invitation for dinner. Nice touch, he thought. She might have informed him of it, though... He smiled and nodded, hoping Lois hadn't noticed his surprise.
I knew it! My, I can't stop laughing. First those butterflies, then that desk, now the flowers... rotflol

Hey, don't leave me there! You can't do that! This is just too great to be posted (and read) in bits and pieces.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lara, I am so sorry! I hope you find something soon.

She seriously doubted that the millionaire playboy moonlighted as a vigilante. Besides, the real Batman couldn't possibly be dumb enough to show up anywhere in his real actual costume and give away his secret identity.
snort

Instead, she was filling the empty boxes with words that she picked up from the two men's conversation...
Did you get this from Ocean's Eleven?

"Shall we?" he asked, motioning towards the table.
You're really leaving us here, really? Meanie smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(I've been given my pink slip by the nasty terminator... he does NOT show up in this story!!! But, man am I ever going to have Superman break his jaw next time I have a chance!!!!!)
Nasty bugger…

She felt somewhat guilty to see him go, as she knew she probably had something to do with that.
Naughty girl. Yes, you did.

And then when he'd asked if there was anything he could do so that she wouldn't leave, she'd told him there was no way unless he gave her an interview?
Yeah, Lois, you did this and still walked away without waiting to see if he would say yes.

After a few minutes of chatting with the Dark Knight, Lois had found out that Batman was really Bruce Wayne.
Oh, that’s great. I love it. Bruce Wayne went to the costume ball as Batman. I hope he went looking like Adam West’s Batman instead of the Dark Knight type of Batman. Even funnier…

She walked off a few minutes later, having gotten a few quotes from him and an invitation to dinner.
Clark’s got competition from *the* playboy himself.

At least he hoped that she wasn't going to go over to the editor and file a harassment suit against him for his behavior at the ball.
Hope she does.

he wouldn't have no need for a job or a partner,
he wouldn't have any need for a job or a partner, (You used a double negative.)

"I don't care what you want it to mean, Clark," she cut him off. "You've been cooped up in this suite since Halloween night. I know you're miserable in here. Talk to me, Clark, let me help. Tell me what I can do that'll make you come out of here. Please."
Drag him out of there, Lana. I like this Lana.

Hell, If I have to go out there and drag Lois Lane back here kicking and screaming, I will!"
Do it, Lana.

And for Pete’s sake, Clark. Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

"You realize, though," Lana started, "if we're on a first name basis, you'll no longer be allowed to call and pretend you've never spoken to me before in the hopes that I'll let you speak with Mr. Kent," she said, laughing softly.
rotflol

"Listen... Lana?" Lois had a sudden urge to reach out to her. "I don't really have very many friends either. Maybe... we could have a cup of coffee together sometime and chat a little? If you like, I mean."
Aww…

This is hilarious, Lara! [Rotflol] Lois, there is only one Batman out there. (And he wouldn't do something that stupid!)
Oh, I don't know. If Bruce changed the outfit a little, I think he'd do it... He just wouldn't use the 'Batman' voice.

Nevertheless, she thought it was a fun idea for Gotham's most eligible bachelor to come to this party dressed as the city's most beloved hero.
Did I miss something? Most beloved hero? The Batman?
Gotham's most beloved hero. (And Superman doesn't exist yet, so does that mean Booster Gold is Metropolis' most beloved hero?)

More. Nancy pounds her desk. More. More... Now. Getting impatient. Now... Sending pointy sticks... wildguy wildguy wildguy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, Nancy, you take the right flank, and I'll take the left flank. evil

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wildguy wildguy wildguy LARA wildguy wildguy wildguy

Well, unfortunately the little guys all go the same way. Imagination... Pointy sticks on the left and the right.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, I've sent the pole-dudes towards the terminator... and I'll post part 7 very shortly.

I'm doing a lot better now that before. But pressing "send" on that msg to say "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish" to everyone in the company... it's one of the hardest things I've had to do in many years. *sigh*

I've fixed typos and errors (the butterflies and the double negative - and I clarified "that city's most beloved hero", cause.. um... they do love Batman in Gotham, right? At least normal people do as far as I can tell... no?)

Oh... Batman... At first I wanted to have the guy under the costume be Dick Grayson, but then I laughed so much when I thought he could be Bruce Wayne... hehehe! cause it's just so crazy.

He would have looked like this . Not a real Batman costume, definitely not. Lois probably has never met the real Batman so she wouldn't know the difference anyway.

How could he have been so nearsighted when he picked these people to work with? He kicked himself for his stupidity.
Wanna kick him, too.
Oh, please - *be my guest* !! I think we should all take turns kicking Lex!!!!

I like that Lana. She's great!
smile thank you! I like her very much as well. Not like the 2 I've seen on TV.

Huh? What reasonn does Cat - sorry, Isabel have?
hehe! She gets to go shopping! That's reason enough. LOL! Girls like that, they always want to drag other girls along and make them buy clothes. I know lots like them. hehe!

Just a minute. Kathryn Parker and a man with octopus arms? Oh-oh!
HAHAHAHA!!! I *swear* I did not do that on purpose! But it's really fun - thanks for pointing it out to me!

Did you get this from Ocean's Eleven?
HUH? No, wait? They do that in the movie? I haven't seen it... I just thought it was a good idea. Shoot! I thought I was being original and clever. huh if it's got a double meaning, it got lost in translation... all I know of mahogany is that it's a type of wood. I don't even know what the name of the wood is in French, actually... anyway...

Off to post part 7 -- *the interview*! Hang tight!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry about the extremely shoert feedback, Lara, but I'm reading and loving your story. And I thought that the idea that Bruce Wayne would come to the party dressed as Batman was absolutely just hilarious!!!! (However... *beloved* isn't a word I would associate with Batman. I guess people would be very, very much in awe of him, but a lot of people would be really scared of him, too. And then I'm not referring to criminals only.)

I don't know if I'll find the time to comment properly at all on part five of your story, so let me just say... brilliant choice to let Clark dress up as the Phantom of the Opera. (Now if we could only hear him sing, too. smile ) I also like the idea that Lois was dressed as Guinevere. Lex was disgusting - loved to see Clark rescue Lois from him. Loved to see them dance. But, honestly, I didn't understand why Lois seemed to panic when she understood who Clark was, and why she ran away from him.

Ah, well. Lois did say that she couldn't speak to Clark in private unless he granted her an interview, and in this chapter, the interview was set up most satisfyingly. I, too, loved that Lana told Lois how she had enjoyed the "battle" they had fought over whether Lois would be granted an interview or not, and I love the idea that she and Lois may now become friends. I was also glad to see Lana explain why she is staying with Clark.

As I said, I'm absolutely fascinated by this story. Off to read part seven now (but I won't have time to comment until, perhaps, tomorrow... frown )

Ann

P.S. I absolutely loved that Perry came to the party dressed as Elvis, too! laugh sloppy And I absolutely love the fact that Perry seems ot be a little old to be Elivs, because that reminds me of the poignant fact that towards the end of his life, Elvis was a little too old for himself.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(And Superman doesn't exist yet, so does that mean Booster Gold is Metropolis' most beloved hero?)
Nancy... you have a thing for the golden boy, maybe? LOL! I'm assuming there is no other superhero in Metropolis for now. But if you want Booster, we can pretend he's there.
Yes, I like Booster. All that pretty blond hair set me aflutter for some reason. I was bummed when they stopped his comic. (I think I heard there was a new one out, though. I do have all 22 issues of the original.)

Loved the Batman 'fake' muscle suit. rotflol

I didn't get the bit about the mahogany desk, either, but I sure did like that desk. Wish I could afford it.

(However... *beloved* isn't a word I would associate with Batman. I guess people would be very, very much in awe of him, but a lot of people would be really scared of him, too. And then I'm not referring to criminals only.)
Ah, well, if it was the old Batman, he might be beloved.

Off to read part 7.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Maybe the desk reminds Olympe of a desk Lex had? huh

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry, got the English and German mixed up here. In German, mahogany is called 'Mahagoni'. I thought it was a typo, you see? blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And I absolutely love the fact that Perry seems ot be a little old to be Elivs, because that reminds me of the poignant fact that towards the end of his life, Elvis was a little too old for himself.
hehehe! smile I totally agree!

Loved the Batman 'fake' muscle suit.
Yeah, it's cool, isn't it? LOL!

Next time I do a cross-over story, I'll write in Booster Gold in there for 'ya. Gotta go see if I have any comics of his first, though... mmm...

Top Banana
Top Banana
I wonder if Clark knows who Batan really is...surely he does he invited him. Lois was absolutely priceless.
After a few minutes of chatting with the Dark Knight, Lois had found out that Batman was really Bruce Wayne. Well, *this* Batman was Bruce Wayne anyway. She seriously doubted that the millionaire playboy moonlighted as a vigilante. Besides, the real Batman couldn't possibly be dumb enough to show up anywhere in his real actual costume and give away his secret identity.
rotflol

Keep it coming!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wnder if Clark knows who Batan really is...surely he does he invited him. Lois was absolutely priceless.
Nah - they invited Bruce Wayne. He's just weird and came dressed as Batman. Who in their right mind would suspect Batman to come up dressed as Batman anyway, right?

ROFL!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard