Hello!

First off I like the title - Darkest Dreams
Secondly I like your name - Smirk the Raven - because Ravens are one of my favourite creatures. Combined with “Smirk”, there is a cuteness factor I like. If you were not aiming for cute, my apologies. I have a tendency to call everything I like cute.

I really find everything awesome. To the point that I would have to quote 95% of the story.

Starting off with the whole spaghetti reference and ending with a cliff-hanger that jumped out at me were great. I did realize something was fishy about the building she was in, but I didn't expect the gun to come out just then. Perhaps it isn't really a gun but just a simile? Ugh...maybe that's the wrong word. Yeah, I think it is, but I can't think of the proper one. I just spent the last hour shovelling so all my blood is not in my brain. (That's my excuse.)

“Excuse me, Miss Glutwich,” Lois said, noting the desk plaque bearing the bold letters “Francine Glutwich.” What a perfectly awful name.
Hehe. thumbsup

“Sit down. It will be a few minutes.”
That's not going to happen...

Lois purposefully did not move to the couch to follow Francine Glutwich’s brisk instructions [...]
YUP! Great line!

The weatherman stared dully out of the screen.
He so knows he's going to get the weather wrong again.

She never did trust those with the good looks. They usually turned out to be the poisonous ones.
hyper
Sigh - I'm looking forward to the angst. Perhaps that type of angst will appear in this story. If not, ALL angst is great. I'm in dire need of a dose.

Warnings: I love deep, wrenching angst of both the physical and psychological facets. If you don’t like it, don’t read.
Oh most excellent. <rubs hands together and does an low evil laugh>

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.