One more wonderful chapter in a wonderful series.

She smiled. “[..] I spent the weekend at my fiancé’s. But he’s no longer my fiancé. We eloped over the weekend.”

John’s eyes grew wide and his mouth was hanging open. “Good god, Caitlyn! I didn’t even know you were dating anyone. Congratulations.”
Yes it was a bit of a sudden. Imagining the situation, though, is nothing short of funny.

“I thought you had a thing for Superman. I mean, you know, after that big date you had when your sister ‘bought’ him for you.”
That one certainly paid off. Will Caitlyn's generous sister be aware of it? She could have taken a close look at her 'purchase'.

Caitlyn smiled proudly and happily. “Yes, I’ve already read a good deal of that sequel.” She raised her eyebrows and let that sink in. “I married him over the weekend.”

Dr. Robert Braun put his arm around Christine. “Well, you must come over for dinner so you can introduce us. I’m sure Chris would be thrilled. She’s a big fan.”

Caitlyn nodded. “Yes, I’m sure we could do that.”
Does it only look like it, or is Caitlyn indeed showing off a little? wink Hihi...

He wondered about what kind of father Ching had been to his two oldest sons.
Me, too. I really want to know about that. I have that feeling in my gut that it isn't a pleasant tale.

“Well, certainly. You aren’t the only alien on the planet you know. At least one other super hero is an alien, and maybe more than that.”
Whom are you referring to? Zared? Jon? confused

Los cocked his head sideways. “Well, of course you have the same blood type. Why wouldn’t you?”

Clark raised an eyebrow and with a hint of amusement shrugged. He looked at Los. <Do Kryptonians always have the same blood type? Humans do not.>

<No, but the blood type is always determined by the father. I take it that’s not so with humans?>
This one gave me the giggles. It's really cute. And a nearly-slip, at that.

He swallowed, thought quickly, and then said, “Ultra Man. He’s Ultra Man.”

Dr. Dawson smiled at Los, “So Ultra Man, I take it Superman is your father. Is Ultra Woman your mother?”

Without thinking, Los answered, “Yes, Lord Kal-El is my father, but my mother is not Ultra Woman.”
Years ago, he dubbed Lois 'Ultrawoman' because he couldn't think of anything better at short notice, and now he does the same with Los. From a writer like him, I'd have expected something more in the way of imagination and creativity. Way to go, Clark! laugh

Dr. Dawson nodded. “Yeah, yeah. I’m sure you don’t want people to *really* know much about you. You’ll just let everyone continue to argue over whether you have another identity or not.”

“Another identity?” Clark frowned and tried his best to look perplexed. “Now why would I do that?”

Dr. Braun shook his head and laughed. “Well, John, it was a good try.”
Oh, my! I shouldn't read this story of yours in a public library. I just can't stay serious. drool

Bernie chuckled. “Dr. Elliott suggested you might be pregnant.”

Caitlyn said, “No, no… not possible.”

Clark agreed. “Not possible.”

Los raised an eyebrow
Precautions or denial? And which sorts of precaution work for a Kryptonian male?

Los swallowed hard. “Perhaps you haven’t realized it yet, but Lara is quite the powerful telepath. I believe with just a little training, she could help. She couldn’t do it alone, but she could help.”
He will realize it, some Halloween to come... razz

Mayson answered softly. “I don’t want to hurt his family.”
Discreetly telling her husband that she knows he has family, and implying that she knows more. Interesting. But I don't have to like this.

Mayson said, “And don’t forget. You *owe* me.”

Clark briefly stopped but didn’t turn around before continuing out of the room. He realized that what she was really saying was that she *owned* him.
I guess he had that coming. Still, I don't like it. Neither does Clark, I bet.

Los smiled. <It’s a good name. Now that I understand, I rather like the little joke, too. It would be even funnier if the reporters knew I was actually named after her but yet not named after her.>
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clark laughed. <Now that everyone has seen you like this, we are going to have to come up with a disguise for ‘Los’. You can’t wear that anymore unless you are Ultra Man. K’al can’t go out like that either.>
Why not? Although they're obviously Superman's sons, they are not Clark's. So, where's the big deal? confused

Los turned the money over this way and that and felt of it. “And this piece of paper will purchase things?”
Not as many things as that piece of plastic, but yes... I like this innocence about Los - and K'al, to be honest.

“Skinny-dip?” Los asked wide eyed.

“Oh, that’s what your brother did yesterday.”

Los blushed. “Oh. Swim without clothes. Yes, I understand.[..]”
My, another one of those funnily innocent - or innocently funny scenes. And I was still reading in that library...

The man standing there, a rather non-descript, average appearing man nodded and came in. “I’ve always thought you were telepathic, but you never answered my calls when I tried to find out. I guess you didn’t want anyone to know.”
Who is this? Another telepath, for sure. Another alien, perhaps?

Keep up the good work!
Kill Mayson. Or let her hit her head. Hard. Amnesia sounds good to me, too.
Give Superman a driving licence.
And tell us who that guy at the end of that chapter is!

Mellie

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)