Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34516 11/24/06 02:52 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
One more wonderful chapter in a wonderful series.

She smiled. “[..] I spent the weekend at my fiancé’s. But he’s no longer my fiancé. We eloped over the weekend.”

John’s eyes grew wide and his mouth was hanging open. “Good god, Caitlyn! I didn’t even know you were dating anyone. Congratulations.”
Yes it was a bit of a sudden. Imagining the situation, though, is nothing short of funny.

“I thought you had a thing for Superman. I mean, you know, after that big date you had when your sister ‘bought’ him for you.”
That one certainly paid off. Will Caitlyn's generous sister be aware of it? She could have taken a close look at her 'purchase'.

Caitlyn smiled proudly and happily. “Yes, I’ve already read a good deal of that sequel.” She raised her eyebrows and let that sink in. “I married him over the weekend.”

Dr. Robert Braun put his arm around Christine. “Well, you must come over for dinner so you can introduce us. I’m sure Chris would be thrilled. She’s a big fan.”

Caitlyn nodded. “Yes, I’m sure we could do that.”
Does it only look like it, or is Caitlyn indeed showing off a little? wink Hihi...

He wondered about what kind of father Ching had been to his two oldest sons.
Me, too. I really want to know about that. I have that feeling in my gut that it isn't a pleasant tale.

“Well, certainly. You aren’t the only alien on the planet you know. At least one other super hero is an alien, and maybe more than that.”
Whom are you referring to? Zared? Jon? confused

Los cocked his head sideways. “Well, of course you have the same blood type. Why wouldn’t you?”

Clark raised an eyebrow and with a hint of amusement shrugged. He looked at Los. <Do Kryptonians always have the same blood type? Humans do not.>

<No, but the blood type is always determined by the father. I take it that’s not so with humans?>
This one gave me the giggles. It's really cute. And a nearly-slip, at that.

He swallowed, thought quickly, and then said, “Ultra Man. He’s Ultra Man.”

Dr. Dawson smiled at Los, “So Ultra Man, I take it Superman is your father. Is Ultra Woman your mother?”

Without thinking, Los answered, “Yes, Lord Kal-El is my father, but my mother is not Ultra Woman.”
Years ago, he dubbed Lois 'Ultrawoman' because he couldn't think of anything better at short notice, and now he does the same with Los. From a writer like him, I'd have expected something more in the way of imagination and creativity. Way to go, Clark! laugh

Dr. Dawson nodded. “Yeah, yeah. I’m sure you don’t want people to *really* know much about you. You’ll just let everyone continue to argue over whether you have another identity or not.”

“Another identity?” Clark frowned and tried his best to look perplexed. “Now why would I do that?”

Dr. Braun shook his head and laughed. “Well, John, it was a good try.”
Oh, my! I shouldn't read this story of yours in a public library. I just can't stay serious. drool

Bernie chuckled. “Dr. Elliott suggested you might be pregnant.”

Caitlyn said, “No, no… not possible.”

Clark agreed. “Not possible.”

Los raised an eyebrow
Precautions or denial? And which sorts of precaution work for a Kryptonian male?

Los swallowed hard. “Perhaps you haven’t realized it yet, but Lara is quite the powerful telepath. I believe with just a little training, she could help. She couldn’t do it alone, but she could help.”
He will realize it, some Halloween to come... razz

Mayson answered softly. “I don’t want to hurt his family.”
Discreetly telling her husband that she knows he has family, and implying that she knows more. Interesting. But I don't have to like this.

Mayson said, “And don’t forget. You *owe* me.”

Clark briefly stopped but didn’t turn around before continuing out of the room. He realized that what she was really saying was that she *owned* him.
I guess he had that coming. Still, I don't like it. Neither does Clark, I bet.

Los smiled. <It’s a good name. Now that I understand, I rather like the little joke, too. It would be even funnier if the reporters knew I was actually named after her but yet not named after her.>
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clark laughed. <Now that everyone has seen you like this, we are going to have to come up with a disguise for ‘Los’. You can’t wear that anymore unless you are Ultra Man. K’al can’t go out like that either.>
Why not? Although they're obviously Superman's sons, they are not Clark's. So, where's the big deal? confused

Los turned the money over this way and that and felt of it. “And this piece of paper will purchase things?”
Not as many things as that piece of plastic, but yes... I like this innocence about Los - and K'al, to be honest.

“Skinny-dip?” Los asked wide eyed.

“Oh, that’s what your brother did yesterday.”

Los blushed. “Oh. Swim without clothes. Yes, I understand.[..]”
My, another one of those funnily innocent - or innocently funny scenes. And I was still reading in that library...

The man standing there, a rather non-descript, average appearing man nodded and came in. “I’ve always thought you were telepathic, but you never answered my calls when I tried to find out. I guess you didn’t want anyone to know.”
Who is this? Another telepath, for sure. Another alien, perhaps?

Keep up the good work!
Kill Mayson. Or let her hit her head. Hard. Amnesia sounds good to me, too.
Give Superman a driving licence.
And tell us who that guy at the end of that chapter is!

Mellie

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, wow!! Look at the all the pretty feedback. Thanks, Mellie!!
~~~~~

That one certainly paid off. Will Caitlyn's generous sister be aware of it? She could have taken a close look at her 'purchase'.
She will surely have her suspicions. She will make an appearance eventually. And she will probably also eventually find out. After all, Clark’s sister-in-law, Lucy, knows, so why not Caitlyn’s sister? Her name is Brandilyn or Brandy by the way. (What can I say? Caitlyn’s parents had a thing with ‘lyn’).
~~~~~

Does it only look like it, or is Caitlyn indeed showing off a little?
Absolutely! Wouldn’t you? Hey, I just wrote myself into a story so I get kissed by Superman / Clark... Haha... (The Great Grandmother's Challenge)
~~~~~

Me, too. I really want to know about that. I have that feeling in my gut that it isn't a pleasant tale.
Tense is how I would describe it. Ching is *always* the ‘lieutenant’.
~~~~~

“Well, certainly. You aren’t the only alien on the planet you know. At least one other super hero is an alien, and maybe more than that.”
Whom are you referring to? Zared? Jon?
Hehehehe… Zared *is* an alien - also Kryptonian, but he isn’t to whom I was referring. Lara Moon knows, but I’m sure she’s not telling… (Hint: If you can find a pic I recently posted on the board then you will have your answer.)
~~~~~

This one gave me the giggles. It's really cute. And a nearly-slip, at that.
I bet Los won’t make any more slips….
~~~~~

Oh, my! I shouldn't read this story of yours in a public library. I just can't stay serious.
Did I mention I read this in a library? How embarrassing. I was giggling helplessly. Again.
Never again in a library! Nancy, it's pure torture!
My, another one of those funnily innocent - or innocently funny scenes. And I was still reading in that library...
Librarian gives Mellie a stern look and says, “Shhhh…..!” rotflol
~~~~~

Busted, Clark! How can he drive without a secret identity? Otherwise, he'd have been caught without a driving licence. And without ID. And in civvies.
Busted! Somehow I doubt Superman has a driver’s license. But who knows?
~~~~~

“Yes, I think he’s in good hands with Caitlyn.”
I agree wholeheartedly.
Hehehehe…
~~~~~

And he was going to see if Jimmy’s computer skills could find out what Robert Braun’s handle was. He wanted to make sure he wasn’t saying anything that he shouldn’t be.
Don't trust nobody... So typical for Clark.
‘Doc Bob’ better *not* have said anything, or he could be in trouble with the AMA (American Medical Association).
~~~~~

He got that right! I don't think she's impartial at all - not after she got the taste of 'it'.
Hehe… And what’s a girl to do when she has cystitis because of certain said vigorous activities?
~~~~~

Precautions or denial? And which sorts of precaution work for a Kryptonian male?
Well, if she’s pregnant, it’s still in the very early stages of a fertilized egg. They were more referring to the fact that they’d just had sex for the first time the night before as opposed to some time before that. They were denying that’s why they got married. As for what sorts of precautions that would work for a Kryptonian male, there was one episode that vaguely indicated that Clark used condoms. (I just bought the 4th season, so if I find it, I’ll let you know.)
~~~~~

He will realize it, some Halloween to come...
He’ll already know by then. He may just not have known she could move cars….
~~~~~

I like that part about Danny. Nice to know that he becomes more and more of a caring person.
I’m hoping to work in a discussion between him and Clark as to why he kicked Jenni out.
~~~~~

Jon rested his head on Hannah’s shoulder. “This is kind of nice. The lady can’t usually pick her fella up like this.”
<Sigh!> So cute.
Isn’t that sweet? And Jon’s masculinity isn’t threatened by being carried by a female.
~~~~~

Oops? Why not? What would K'al do if he knew?
He would be very hurt. And he might press charges - father or no father. As noted in the NK arc, lack of knowledge about the law is no excuse. And Clark would have had access to that information in the ship he came to earth in. Of course, Clark lives on earth and isn’t really bound by Kryptonian law, so that could make a difference.
~~~~~

Mayson answered softly. “I don’t want to hurt his family.”
Discreetly telling her husband that she knows he has family, and implying that she knows more. Interesting. But I don't have to like this.
Consequences of his actions.
~~~~~

I’ve actually considered removing the whole Mayson incident, but I do rather like the idea that Clark has to now worry because Mayson ‘owns’ him. Just think what she might ask him to do. And just think what he might do to protect his family and friends.

Clark laughed. <Now that everyone has seen you like this, we are going to have to come up with a disguise for ‘Los’. You can’t wear that anymore unless you are Ultra Man. K’al can’t go out like that either.>
Why not? Although they're obviously Superman's sons, they are not Clark's. So, where's the big deal?
Because they are living with Clark. Too easy to make the connection between Clark and Superman.
~~~~~

Keep up the good work!
Thanks!!!
~~~~~

Kill Mayson. Or let her hit her head. Hard. Amnesia sounds good to me, too.
I don’t like Mayson, either, but Clark needs to sweat a little - or a lot - about what he’s done. Mayson will live a nice long life - memories intact.
~~~~~

Give Superman a driving licence.
I might do that. Hehe… but could Superman get a driver’s license without giving his address, his birthday, or in the States, his social security number?
~~~~~

And tell us who that guy at the end of that chapter is!
Oh, I will. He will figure prominently in the next chapter.
~~~~~

And also up in the next chapter: The identities of Marisol's and Hannah's fathers. What do the readers want? Lord Nor? (Yikes!) Ran (the bald one)? Drull (the blond)? Or... Ching? (Ching cannot be Hannah's father because I do not want him to be a rapist. I have firmly established that Hannah came about because of rape. I've suggested that Marisol was a product of rape, but it's not a sure bet.) Think of all the possibilities. Tell me what you think. (I may not listen, but tell me anyway.) Edit: Jen-Mai could also be a potential father.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, wow!! Look at the all the pretty feedback. Thanks, Mellie!!
Well, at least, I tried.

I might do that. Hehe… but could Superman get a driver’s license without giving his address, his birthday, or in the States, his social security number?
No exceptions for a local superhero? The country of unlimited possibilities, indeed!

Her name is Brandilyn or Brandy by the way. (What can I say? Caitlyn’s parents had a thing with ‘lyn’).
As long as this 'lyn'-thingy doesn't have anything to do with 'lyn'ching... devil Any more sisters? Marilyn, Gwendolyn, Merrilyn, Lynda... :p

Absolutely! Wouldn’t you?
I guess I wouldn't be that obvious, but whom am I kidding? I'm hardly unbiased. Besides, it seems like she hasn't seen anybody for ages, so, I guess, she deserves some showing off for all the stupid remarks she's bound to have suffered.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No exceptions for a local superhero? The country of unlimited possibilities, indeed!
There would be probably be an exception.

As long as this 'lyn'-thingy doesn't have anything to do with 'lyn'ching... [Devil] Any more sisters? Marilyn, Gwendolyn, Merrilyn, Lynda...
One more sister... as yet unnamed. She will also have a 'lyn' name. (And hey, I'd never do that if I have kids. The writer is having fun...)

Absolutely! Wouldn’t you?
I guess I wouldn't be that obvious, but whom am I kidding? I'm hardly unbiased. Besides, it seems like she hasn't seen anybody for ages, so, I guess, she deserves some showing off for all the stupid remarks she's bound to have suffered.
Haha!!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What's so funny about that?
Btw, check your PM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

He looked through the door and nodded to himself in understanding. He went to the door and opened it. “Come in.”

The man standing there, a rather non-descript, average appearing man nodded and came in. “I’ve always thought you were telepathic, but you never answered my calls when I tried to find out. I guess you didn’t want anyone to know.”

Clark shrugged. “I always came if there was trouble. I just chose not to answer anything else. You know the idea of telepathy scares folks. I don’t particularly want the public to know. Besides for the most part, I’m only telepathic with other telepaths.”
Who? eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Maria!!

Wait a minute! Jenni didn't have a baby was Lady Rya. Did she do a sonogram?
Yes, a sonogram was done so they know the baby is a girl. That was way back in chapter… uh, well, it was in another chapter.

'Owned' This don't sound good.
Nope, not a all.

Go back in time.
Maybe. But then Clark wouldn’t really have to suffer consequences.

Who?
Hehehehe…

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man... I missed it! gah!!! Not the brightest excuse in the world, but we're really swamped at work. I managed to be able to breathe a little bit today, but it's been crazy.

He wrote ‘The Janus Contract’ and ‘Under A Yellow Sun’ among others.
hehehe! I love that you used those. smile He's written one that's called The Golden Throne as well. I've never seen it, though. (come to think of it, I've only ever seen "under a yellow sun" and I haven't read it, it's still on my wishlist on Amazon. *lol*)

----------------------
Edit - I'm back! smile
----------------------

“Another identity?” Clark frowned and tried his best to look perplexed. “Now why would I do that?”
Oh, I don't know... why would you? Duh.
LOL!!

Gah! Not Mayson again? ...why? We were happy in our little world; a comfy little place that she wasn't in. hehe! wink I hope he can fix things quick, cause I don't want to see her again too often. wink

“I’m too worried that Mayson will ruin my life.”
AAAAAAAAAAAH! Well, she better not! Cause I'm going to go out there and slug her! I swear!!!

I wish Mayson didn’t love me. I don’t why she does.
well.. duh. wink

Zared was sitting in the middle of the ‘morgue’ at the The Daily Planet. He’d heard fourteen different Elvis stories today.
hehehe! poor Zared! smile

Zared sighed. It was going to be a long summer.
Maybe, but he's bound to learn some fascinating things. ...and probably hear more Elvis stories. LOL!

Mmm....? Who's the man, at the end? I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out, but it's just not coming... ooooooh.... wait!!! Is it... is it??? Ooooooh!!! *jumps up and down* Give him cookies, Clark! <g> YAY!!!!

Well, I'm really looking forward to finding out what *he* wants. hehehe! smile Coolness!!!

*edits again* (lol!) I just saw the bit asking who we think the father should be... I think it could easily be one of the men under Nor - one that we don't necessarily know. Just a thought....

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nancy,

I've only just been able to get on line and see part 36. At least i'm not chasing my tail so much. You must of send Meowoof over here to calm my nerves!

Hail to thee for another brilliant episode and another brilliant cliffhanger to keep us waiting.

wave

Stuart

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Lara and SNL.

hehehe! I love that you used those. He's written one that's called The Golden Throne as well. I've never seen it, though. (come to think of it, I've only ever seen "under a yellow sun" and I haven't read it, it's still on my wishlist on Amazon. *lol*)
Oh, my gosh. You mean DC actually published Clark Kent’s novels?
~~~~~

AAAAAAAAAAAH! Well, she better not! Cause I'm going to go out there and slug her! I swear!!!
She won’t. She loves him.
~~~~~

Zared sighed. It was going to be a long summer.
Maybe, but he's bound to learn some fascinating things. ...and probably hear more Elvis stories. LOL!
Well, this was Perry’s only day with him. He was covering for Jimmy who I’ve made the editor-in-chief in this story. Perry is basically retired. But Zared was hired as a temporary ‘gofer’ to help Jimmy with some things. I think Perry is just iniating him Perry style. He won’t be stuck in the morgue all summer, but maybe a lot of it.
~~~~~

Mmm....? Who's the man, at the end? I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out, but it's just not coming... ooooooh.... wait!!! Is it... is it??? Ooooooh!!! *jumps up and down* Give him cookies, Clark! <g> YAY!!!!
Oreos coming up. (Olympe has also figured it out.)
~~~~~

I think it could easily be one of the men under Nor - one that we don't necessarily know. Just a thought....
Yes, I’ve thought of that. There were several men with him - even another blond, I think, but I decided to stay with the major players.
~~~~~

I've only just been able to get on line and see part 36. At least i'm not chasing my tail so much. You must of send Meowoof over here to calm my nerves!
Meowoof says hi! She hopes Stuart doesn’t get too frustrated.
~~~~~
By the way, I LOVE the name of the shop Jon recommended - "Helene" and the contact "Stuart", not that my wife, Helene, or I are biased about that.
I thought you might like that, Stuart.
~~~~~

Thanks guys for reading my story. You don’t know how much that means. Feedback is everything. And in that vein, I want to say that I’m very sad to have apparently lost Ann as a reader. She can’t take the lack of Lois anymore. But as I said near the beginning of this story, part of it is about moving on with one’s life after great loss. I do mention Lois in my story, and I’ve in no way meant to indicate that the children don’t remember or love their mother. Of course, Lara literally doesn’t remember her, but she was told about her enough to recognize her when Lois visited so I think that’s pretty darn significant. I also want to say that no matter how much you love someone, you don’t dwell on them and mention them in every conversation after they have been gone for four years. (Or at least you shouldn’t if you want to remain emotionally healthy.) I’d still like to tell Ann how much I appreciate her help and input in the early stages of this story. I’d also like to thank her for being the very first person to leave me feedback.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my gosh. You mean DC actually published Clark Kent’s novels?
I can only assume that's what it's supposed to be - Under a Yellow Sun

Mind you it's a graphic novel (ie: comic book) so it could be just a Superman story... I'll have to buy it to find out. I can find it for 2$ on eBay, so it's going right on my Christmas shopping list of gifts to give myself this year. *lol*

She won’t. She loves him.
Somehow, that sounds even worse. hehehe!

Oreos coming up. (Olympe has also figured it out.)
I'm surprised it took me so long to figure it out.. because it really did come to me only as I was typing my FDK post. I'm so ditsy sometimes! (Especially considering you had already told me. Gah!)

Looking forward to the Oreos. hehehe! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard