My wording above was a bit off, I admit. That's what typing as you go will do to you--especially trying to type clandestinely in an LnC forum when you're at work. wink

My point was that Lois seemed, to me, like she at least wanted to forget some of it (whether to forget the pain of "losing" him or to forget something she couldn't tell other people--she is a journalist, after all--I don't know). I was wrong with the begging part though--totally a bad word choice.

No, if you ask me, Superman's behaviour was just plain horrible! Worst of all was that he was so happy and pleased with himself after he had robbed Lois of her memory. At least he seemed utterly smug and satisfied in the closing shots of Superman II.
I didn't see him as smug at all. In fact, I think that kiss might have started as a way to comfort her--that's what it looked like to me, anyway.

And then afterward, when she fainted, he asked if she was okay and tried (as bumbling Clark, of course, which meant he didn't do very well) to get something to help with her sudden fainting spell. THEN, I think he realized that she didn't remember anything about it--when she asked, "What was I just talking about?" or whatever she said.

The making her forget part, to me, was forgivable, since I don't think he knew he was making her do it. But waiting six years (per this fic) to tell her what she'd forgotten (whether or not he thought they could be together)--THAT would be the very-very-very-very-difficult-to-forgive part.

I have to say though, I must be at least a bit dense, 'cause I never connected the kiss from Superman II with Kryptonian telepathic powers from L&C until I read it in this chapter--thanks for pointing that out, Dandello!

Oh, and from what I gathered from the movie (and the book, which doesn't mention or even intimate at all that Jason is his son--which is totally weird), Superman took only FIVE years--2½ there, 2½ back--to go to Krypton.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place