I had to butt in, because I totally disagree with DSDragon. Yes, Lois asked Clark to help her forget, but she didn't know he was going to oblige her by totally wiping her mind. The way I read Lois, she asked Clark to take away the pain of losing him, not totally take away her memory of something that had happened to her in her life. If Clark wanted to help her forget, why didn't he ask her if she was okay with the idea that he would totally blot out her memory of everything that had happened between them? Heck, if I were to say to somebody, "Oh, I wish somebody could help me forget," that would not imply I was asking somebody to give me total amnesia.

No, if you ask me, Superman's behaviour was just plain horrible! Worst of all was that he was so happy and pleased with himself after he had robbed Lois of her memory. At least he seemed utterly smug and satisfied in the closing shots of Superman II.

By the way, I stll love your story, Dandello! It's just that my hackles rise every time somebody defends Superman's behaviour in Superman II, so I had to vent some anger before I could start writing any sort of feedback. As for your story, I think you did a very good job showing us how another Superman, Clark II, would totally, utterly disapprove of "Kal-El's" behaviour. I'm very glad you had Clark take him to task! Oh, and "Wanda" certainly needed to have Lois talk to her, too. This was extremely well put:

“No, I’m married to Clark Jerome Kent who happens to have a second job that doesn’t pay at all well, that involves dressing up in a blue body suit and red cape so he can go flying around rescuing people, and having bad guys shoot at him,” Lois said. “Clark Kent is the one who said ‘I do’, takes the kids to school, helps pay the bills, holds my hand, sleeps in my bed, and was my birthing coach for four babies. Superman didn’t do any of those things. He can’t. He’s not a person, he’s a job description. You need to be looking for the man doing the job, not the description.”
Just great! thumbsup

As I said, I still absolutely love your story. One little detail which I find so totally adorable is that Lara Kent and Jason Kent are so incredibly similar!

I eagerly looking forward to the rest of this!

Ann