What an awesome, going-to-heart tale.
It Shows perfectly how and why Clark's parents are so important for his life like it's shown in the series.
I agree that L&C is the only Show that caught the Clark/parents relationship right. I don't see why it should be neccessary for Clark/Superman to lose one or both of his parents to become what he is like ist portrayed in both movieverses - and even in Smallville Martha seemingly "disappears" completely after becoming Senator, what feeled just strange.
I think that both parents are strong figures their own way - Martha may Show a more "open" strength sometimes, while Jonathan is more the calm, strong, supportive figure. They are two different parts perfectly Fitting together, like later, Lois and Clark.
Yes, Eddie Jones was indeed the Best Jonathan. I still can't stand John Schneider's Version, and we don't see much of others because they were all killed off...
I also enjoy your Explanation of CJ. Sad for Kal-El, though.
However, I'm still wondering how he came to "his" Lois when Earth was estroyed and he never went there (or is this Lois kryptonian?", and how he met/contacted our favorite time-traveler.
I also enjoyed how J&M dealt with the Mobbers. As someone who had to fight with "being different" in childhoof for myself, I can see how important it is to say them where they belong!
Anyway, great Job!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.