By the time Martha emerged from the principal’s office, Jonathan had dried Clark's tears with his handkerchief. They sat with Jonathan’s arm protectively around his son. And by the time she was done, Clark's suspension had been cancelled. Eventually everyone involved—from the boys, their parents, the teacher, principal up to the school board—knew exactly what Martha and Jonathan Kent thought of people who would hurt an innocent child, on the basis of a false rumor about his parentage. And they’d better fix that zero-tolerance policy that equally punished bullies and their victims. If they didn’t, they would hear from Jonathan's cousin who was a hot-shot Kansas City lawyer.

Do not mess with the Kents when it comes to their son. I am on their side. Why should Clark be punished for something those little nitwits did? I have no doubt in my mind that all three of them will think twice before messing with anyone again. Jonathan's cousin should have come from Kansas City anyway (for dinner and a chat) just to really scare all of them. Bullies should not be tolerated.

My parents adopted me. Some people think they're not my real parents. That my birth parents are my real parents. They're not. I don't remember them. My real Dad is Jonathan Kent. He's the one who plays catch with me. He teaches me to do chores on the farm. My real Mom is Martha Kent. She sews my clothes and cooks. And they both give the best hugs in the world.

Being there is the sign of good and loving parents.

"He showed me a picture of you, Kal-El and your wife. I believe this is the best option my son has to survive. According to your friend, a genetic test will reveal that he is indeed a close relative, as close as your son. For doing this, please know you are granting his parents’ last wish, that he be given a chance for life and love. The globe contains additional messages for him when he is old enough. It is my hope that the love of his birth parents will be with him always."

I read this paragraph several times. It cuts me to the quick, poor Kal-EL!

Mr. Wells had indeed come and confirmed everything. Apparently his “errand” was planting evidence of CJ’s birth and parents in official records. It was a necessary deception to protect the baby. And to keep Ms. Bailey from Social Services away. Constance Hunter was handling all the private adoption paperwork. Her fee had been more than paid by her first act; an injunction against social services citing Ms. Bailey’s unprofessional and possibly unethical behavior towards Lois and Clark in the past. Lois smiled. Ms. Bailey was on administrative leave as her actions towards all potential adoptive parents was reviewed.

Who is Ms. Bailey?

This was a powerful, moving story and one thousand times better than what was presented as the final episode of the show. Thanks for writing it and thanks for the crying alert! whinging

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.