Hi Bob!

It’s been way too long since this was posted, erm, since I had time to FDK blush
A knock on the door interrupted her muse. "I'll get it," she said as she stood and headed for the front door. When she opened the door, she was glad that she had a good grip on the doorknob. Standing just outside the door were Clark's parents. His supposedly dead parents.
Oh boy, I guess some things you do forget in 8 years blush

"Martha, Jonathan, what are you doing alive?"
Oh, she’d rather her in-laws where dead, huh? Less hassle. Either that, or it gives them the opportunity to correct her from anything starting with ‘we’re ghosts’ to ‘alt-parents’ or ‘robots’ and ‘clones’. You never know with these two.

After a few seconds, Lois sensed a certain level of discomfort – or possibly confusion – from her mother-in-law.
Yeah, they probably don’t know that Lois is now a woman wed and not just some floozy shaking up with their innocent little boy.

For a second or two Clark just stood there stiffly.
Probably measuring temperature, body density, micro-gravitational pull and heartbeats to rule out ‘robot’ and ‘ghost’.

She moved quickly to his side and took his hand in hers before turning to Martha. “Martha, I know this is going to be hard for you, but Clark doesn’t remember you.”
*blinks* I also apparently forgot his ongoing bout of amnesia blush

Lois turned back to find Martha staring at her outstretched arm. Martha’s hand was covering her mouth. “Is something wrong?” Lois asked.
Yes. Not a floozy.

“You’re wearing a wedding ring,” Martha replied breathlessly.
Oh right. Lois is wearing a wedding ring but staying with Clark. She’s probably run out on her husband and shacked up with her boyfriend.

Clark moved quickly to her side and put his arm around Lois’s shoulders. “Lois and I have been married for a nearly a month.”
See? Even Clark felt it necessary to disabuse his mother of the above mentioned notion regarding Lois’s character as a wife.

Lois looked back and forth between Clark’s parents. It was clear that this information stunned them. She wished she could tell if their reaction was positive or negative.
Martha probably wonders, considering the amnesia, if Lois is already aware that her husband has gravitational issues. And is not particularly concerned with the possibility of his wife scratching his back.

I just didn’t expect anything like this to happen so quickly.”
They didn’t want the little one to be born outside of wedlock. That darn honeymoon suite kind of left a mark.

Martha’s expression relaxed into a smile. “I’m so relieved that you know. I was half afraid that he might decide to do something crazy like proposing – maybe even getting married – without telling you.”
Yeah, that would have been awkward, what with him always running out and returning with lipstick on his color and smelling of various perfumes, not to mention the strands of long hair he’s bound to collect during his endeavors.

“But you know about Superman?” Clark asked.

“You mean that Superman is supposed to be dead because of Luthor's Kryptonite gas trap?” Martha asked.
Oh. Wait, what?

Lois paused to compose herself for this next part. “Well, Clark invited me to stay with him,” she said. “It was all very proper,” she added quickly.
Yes, a perfectly legitimate deal where one exchanges goods and services for other services.

Then one night Clark asked me to marry him.
The cramped living arrangements probably got on his nerves.

“I mean discovering that you were married to Superman.”
[…]
Of course, I’m not married to Superman, I’m married to Clark.” Lois leaned over and kissed her husband.
Nice touch!

The hilltops around us took a beating, but very few of the fragments made it down into the valley. No one was injured, but we didn’t come away unscathed.
Rock slides in the mouth of the valley?

To be honest, I think they were happy to have us non-family out of their valley.
Yeah, now that they don’t need any emergency meat reservoirs any longer, it’s probably for the best.

Great way to get us all caught up!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.