I love this section, because we really see your point of view as an author here.

“Because I was mad at you,”
Well, there it is. That's as honest as she can be. At least she does have the decency to finally say the words "I'm sorry."

“I’m sorry,” she says, finally. Lets the words out in his hearing, and hears once again just how little they mean. “I’m so sorry. I know you probably told yourself that there was a good reason I did it, that Trask must have threatened me or that I had some grand plan.” There are tears streaming down her face; she wonders if they are glowing as radioactively green as the pieces of his homeworld. “But there was nothing redemptive, Clark, nothing to excuse me or justify what I did. And I know you wanted there to be--you had to tell yourself there was in order to let me back into your life, I’m sure--but the truth is that I was just…I was just mad and hurt and disappointed.”
This is the story. People may not like it, but that's what it is. Lois did something bad and selfish. She had reasons, but that doesn't justify what she did, and saying "sorry" doesn't actually help. But there was something redemptive about her journey through the story, that she has come to a place where she understands the impact she has had on him, and has chosen to do the best thing she can for him - walk away.

I think this was a very brave choice for you to make as an author. You created a story with a premise you knew people wouldn't like. You remained true to the vision you've had for it since the beginning. I am impressed beyond words. hail

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink