Originally Posted by Morgana
AnnieB wrote:

This was a great story. I suspected it was Jor-El, but you threw in enough red herrings that I wasn't sure. Good job!

Glad you liked the final result. The reasons why Jor-El didn't go after him? What did you think of Clark's Stepmother? The interaction between Lex and Jor-El?

Would love to know!
Jor-El's reason for not going after Clark makes sense -- the needs of the many outweigh the wishes of the few (something I'm sure Clark would agree with). Fortunately for Clark, he wound up in a good place, with loving parents who helped him become a great hero.

Josca reminds me of Lois -- strong and determined, and definitely not docile!

Lex Luthor finally met someone who could (and would) outmaneuver him! Superman could have removed Lex from the equation easily, but he doesn't kill, and Lex has too much influence for the courts to stop him.

Realizing the fatal blow had not stuck him, the look of shock on Lex’s face twisted into an arrogant mask of disgust. “Just like your son – too spineless to take a life!”
Stupid, Lex -- really stupid (especially since Jor-El has admitted that he has, in fact, killed).

I look forward to reading the Epilogue and seeing how Clark reacts to his father, stepmother, and the knowledge that he has siblings.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland