Originally Posted by LMA
party party party

Woo-Hoo!!! Awesome, DC--great part, and.....CLARK SURVIVED! What a relief smile. I really loved the first few minutes when Clark woke up. His line about wondering just how long he was out (b/c Lois was holding a baby) was great. I really thought you wrote Clark finding out about Ching and his heart being used for the transplant well. I was so curious as to how Clark would take the news.

And the paragraph from Lois' POV about Clark's smile was so great. Very touching:

Clark smiled back, making Lois' heart skip a beat. She'd missed that brilliantly devastating smile so much. Every day, multiple times a day, she'd looked at pictures of him. But the camera could never do justice to his smile. Somehow, it always dulled the sparkle in his eyes and managed to lose some of the warmth of his smile. Still, the photographs had given her the strength she needed to face each dawning day and every sleepless night. When she'd actually slept, she'd dreamed about his smile, the way he'd often chuckle as he did so, waking with a residual happy feeling throughout her body until she'd remembered the reality of the situation, and the all-too-real fact that she might never see it again.

I really liked using 'David' in the baby's name. Great idea and such a poignant way to honor Ching and his life. And I'm really glad that Superman addressed the crowd to squelch any rumors about him leaving/etc. I think it had to be done.

Looking forward to #10 dance

Laura

Thank you, Laura. You touched upon some of the parts that I loved writing. That smile truly is to die for! And I thought the baby stuff would lighten the mood, considering all the stuff I put the characters through.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon