One of the problems with reading the post early this morning was that it was difficult to catch all of the intricacies you put in this chapter. After the breakneck pace of the previous chapters this one was much slower and thought provoking. As I said last night (early this morning), full of poignant moments/passages some of which mentioned here.

Lois's response to the incision was telling to me, first the revulsion at the blood and then this passage which was monumental to me.
Lois sat silently. In her mind, at least, the incision was beautiful. It wasn't a reminder of Clark's dance with death. It was a symbol of his life, his will to live, and the ultimate sacrifice of a friend.

I also loved his confusion over Lois holding the baby and wondering if he missed the birth of his child while he was unconscious.

And

The four exchanged a look as Zara took Kala from Lois' arms. Lois took the opportunity to stand by Clark's head. She grabbed his hand and placed it on the spot where their son was doing what felt like a Riverdance routine. At first, Clark seemed confused as she positioned his palm, but after a moment his face lit up in sheer amazement and bliss.

"Incredible," he whispered hoarsely.

"I've been waiting for this moment," Lois confided with a grin. "I used to let you feel his kicks while you were asleep, but I could scarcely wait for the moment when you'd be completely aware of what was happening."

"Thank you, Lois," he said in wonderment. "This is the most amazing thing I've ever felt."

Lois gave him a mischievous smile. "Just wait until I put my stomach to your back and let him kick you all night long."
(I did not quote the next paragraph as Laura already did).

I like Lynn am looking forward to the WAFFY Part 10 laugh.

I guess I could remain confused as to his superstate both before, during, and after the surgery and about the impact of Kryptonite exposure during the surgery or I could just enjoy the story smile1.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham