Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
This bothers me.

"I suppose that's true," the doctor grudgingly agreed. "How are you feeling otherwise?"

"So far, since that one attack, I've been feeling okay. Like my usual self, to be honest. The worst part has been forcing myself to not use my powers."

Maybe I'm reading something in here that isn't intended, but I always look for "bad guy" angles any time Clark can't be Superman for a while. And I can't escape the feeling that this is exactly what some really, really evil genius has come up with to keep Superman out of his hair. The fact that it's also deflecting the best team of investigative reporters on the East Coast is just a bonus.

Anyway, I think this is an original and very interesting tale. And don't worry about this chapter moving a little slower. You can't run a distance race at top speed or you'll crash and burn. I'm sure you're saving enough for a finishing kick. Loved the Ellen stuff, too. "Of course you married an alien." Translated, that may mean, "Lois, you never liked any of the young men I suggested to you, the ones with excellent breeding and well-established families and lots of old money."

You're posting the next part when?

Terry,

I agree that this part bothered me also. I recently finished "Lonely is the Man" and it covers the story of Clark at age 250 finding his next love. One of the points of the story was that everyone thought the original Clark had died (the remainder of his and Lois's offspring and their offspring had died) due to his being very frail the last time anyone saw him (doing a heroic thing) and he disappeared. Well he actually had just quit being Superman and without the strain and the help of plenty of sun he basically rejuvenated back to his late 20's. This reference in this chapter keeps me wondering (back to that regeneration thing) that if he just kept himself under control for a period of time wouldn't the heart repair itself. Now we know how hard that would be for him, in the referenced story he had offspring to keep up the heroic stuff while he just went into retirement.

It continues to be part of this story that just doesn't fit for me.

Mike

I was angling for this: (and I may need to spell it out better in the fic)

The damage Deathstroke (coupled with whatever his body was doing after the youth sucking machine) was immediate and permanent - like it killed off heart cells, so there was no chance to recover from the damage. That added additional stress onto the living cells, which broke them down too.

Also, plot gods?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon