Well... *ahem*. Holy freakin' cow is right. <g>

I can honestly say I never expected this kind of response. So... wow. Thank you. Everyone who took the time to read and comment.

I'm not quite sure how I should respond... I guess I'm sort of blown away. I honestly expected about 5 replies, and half of those to say 'huh?'. <g>

So... I guess I'll start with the questions that came up.

Jeff: Glad you found the story interesting, but I'm sorry my vagueness pulled you out. I probably should have mentioned something in my author's notes, but... I didn't want to spoil the surprise. wink

Anyway, no, the dreams weren't shown in the series. The "memories" Clark has are a mix of real events that happened in the series and his fantasies. Like Pam and Rat pointed out, the fantasies were extrapolations of some of the lines in the show. Mostly the line from the pilot where Clark and his father are talking and Clark says something to the effect of wanting to be normal - "Being human. Like you and Mom. Living, working, meeting someone... having a family."

And... actually, the baby thing is an interesting point. I hadn't written that in, since I wasn't sure how Clark could hover without giving things away, but... I may need to do some revision before this is submitted to the archive. smile

Laura: No, I hadn't switched Clarks, but I did think about setting ASU in season two. I ended up deciding that two dramatic changes - the time shift and the false memories - might be too many variables, and so I only shuffled the timeline slightly. I would like to see that story though, if anybody is interested. <g>

Originally posted by LabRat:
PS - Forgot - love the title!
I should point out that credit for the title goes to Madam Kraft. <g>

Originally posted by mr_d8a:
David, your slipping over to the dark side! What dark side you ask? It's called We Who Torture Clark Kent For FUN or WWTCKFF, for short!!!
When was I ever on the waffy side? devil

Originally posted by Sheila:
So much hype about this story and all I can say is...It was all worth it!
There was hype about this story? I guess I missed that. wink

But I'm glad it meets expectations. smile

Jen...

And then when he "remembered" Lois was his wife, omg, I totally clapped my hands over my face in....well I don't know. It was funny and not funny at the same time.
That made my whole weekend. <g>

Originally posted by daneel:
Woot!! I hope you have a long buffer wink
Actually... I don't. <g> This will probably be a short story, but that leads me to...

Posting schedule - I was thinking... once a week. Maybe more. It depends on how fast I manage to write.

To everyone who posted a comment, Wendy, Janet, Rachel, Nicole, Pam, Mary, Missy, Sara (I love you too wink )... just... if I said everything I wanted to say, I'd be here all day. Your FDK means a lot, and... yes, thank you.

Dave (who'll be putting up part 2 in a little while).

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters