Very nice, Nan. I wasn't sure how you'd handle this -- any scene with eight people interacting is tough, even without the emotional undercurrents.

Lois nodded. "You don't look a day older than my Clark."

Her Clark. His past self, who was her husband, who at this very moment was assisting with the cleanup operations around Japan. The Clark who was the father of her baby.

He had been that Clark, once, but not anymore. That Clark had belonged to Lois -- still belonged to her. The Clark he was now belonged to Lori.
Excellent way to sum it up. And lots of little hints about things that make me want to go back and re-read the whole thing <g>

The very ending seemed a little abrupt. I wouldn't mind a little more cuddling, or conversation, or something. Maybe something about how his memories of Lois have been getting a little fuzzy, and in his mind she was looking more Lori-like, or something. I dunno.

Overall, though, this was very satisfying and I loved this story. Get it up on the archive soon, please -- I want to get the whole file in one place for easier re-reading wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K