You can't drink the tap water here in Hong Kong despite what people might say unless you want some rust or other nasties with it. We have to buy bottled water (with quality assurance checks). You realise how blessed you are to live in a city where you can just walk to your tap for water when you are forced to learn to live without that luxury. My home in New Zealand, the tap water was sourced from a local spring... nicer than anything you could buy! Oh for those good old days.

Mountain Dew is like a sweeter version of Lift/Mellow Yellow. I actually prefer it to Lift.

Here in Hong Kong they have coke light, diet coke, coke zero, plus 3 or 4 coke 'flavours' on top of the 'regular' variety (which depending on the supermarket you can pick up Hong Kong made, Australian Made, British Made, or US made)... and some things I am not brave enough to try called pineapple fanta and passionfruit fanta.
I'm not a huge fizzy drinker... but I would speculate that the general population here are given the variety (and number of 7-11 stores on almost every corner).

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box