It's so intriguing to see what you all do all day! And I'm impressed by all of you! I haven't been around a lot lately because of what I do all day. frown

I'm a third year pediatric resident at a large tertiary care Children's Hospital - and am currently interviewing for a pediatric cardiology fellowship position. They keep assuring me that at some point in the future I WILL get my life back, but I don't think I believe them anymore. <g> This year has been a little bit better time-wise because I've had a few elective months. But spending the last 2 and 1/2 years on 30 hour in-house call shifts every 4th night has been tiring.
I have to say a huge "Thank You" to all the nurses in the group...and everyone else working in anything psychiatric/beahioral or healthcare related. You make my job doable and bearable!!!

But honestly, I love what I do, I adore the people I work with (most of them), I love the kids and the families that I take care of ...and though I'd like a little more sleep occasionally, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hey Mona, if you've got any questions about pre-med/med-school, etc. let me know. I worked during pre-med, but not during med school. It's definitely doable.

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage