Originally posted by Classicalla:
I'm currently working in a psych hospital. Very rarely, I work with adults, but I almost always work with teenagers and occasionally small children. Teens can be very volatile (ask the parent of any teen) so working with them can be VERY trying but it also has its rewards. Most of the problems that we see are behavioral problems.
[...]
Oh, we often have enough mental health techs, but there is some stuff they can't do. [...]
If I had my 'druthers', I'd just read and write LnC fic. laugh
DH was a psych tech at a psych hospital for kids years ago. Now he's a licensed therapist who works at a residential facility for kids in state care - more long term than the psych hospital and these aren't usually dangerous to themselves or others on a daily basis [they all have their days but that's not why they're there like at the hospital]. He does individual, family and group therapy with the kids there. Most are 8-9 or older up to 18 [if they're still in HS] and many have behavioral problems. You guys have my utmost respect.

I teach part time [online] at a community college and am home with 4 kiddos most of the time as I work from home.
Carol