While I appreciate the points Kathy and Lara have made in this thread, I don't see that it would do any good to continue posting them here. TEEJ has made it clear that she doesn't give a damn about what any of us thinks, as disagreeing with her implies we question her intelligence and she has no need of differing viewpoints given her seniority and life experience.

And since everyone of us on these boards have probably disobeyed their parents once in a while (not being mindless drones, after all) we have all obviously been very badly raised. Thank you, TEEJ.

Yes, this is me being very offended. It's one thing to respect that the other person disagrees with you, and a whole other issue when you are summarily shut down in such a high handed and peremptory fashion.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.