So busy Thursday and Friday I didn't even have time to sit down and read the new part. ( eek I know!) But I did manage to print it out, so I could read it over the weekend when I couldn't go online. And then I was greeted tonight by the next part! I'll go comment on it momentarily.

But this part first.

Silas is just wonderful. In all the ways everyone has mentioned. And the Lois-Clark banter is so much fun -- and SO them.

My main complaint about this part is the same as before: too SHORT!

One nit, though. I could not, at first, parse this sentence:
“Better than I can do with a stove I actually understand and cookbook with the directions written for toddlers, believe me.”
I think it would actually be clearer minus "with the directions written" -- that is,
“Better than I can do with a stove I actually understand and a cookbook for toddlers, believe me.”
Then again, it could just be me. smile

Back to Silas . . .
Silas laughed, loud and bitter. “Get out. Both of you. Right now. And if you come back, I *will* call the League and report you. They will be on the look out for you. And you will be deported. How’s that?”
Oh, they deport people in Utopia, do they? Man, I hope it doesn't involve syringes . . .

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun