I think this is a whole evolving process. To me, calling someone Mr/Ms Whatever is a sign of respect. We've got some friends whose three-year-old calls me "Pam" and I'm not entirely comfortable with that, although I haven't been uncomfortable enough to complain. When I was little, I called my mom's friends "Mrs. Lastname." These days, I really like the Southern custom of calling older women "Miss Firstname" -- my daughter calls her Sunday School teachers "Miss Cindy" and "Miss Luz". My best friend is "Aunt Chris" to the kids. At school, OTOH, they have "Miss Hughes" and "Mrs. Lambert."

The common theme through this, I think, is "kids." At some point, kids grow up to be more-or-less on equal ground with other adults. I know we've got some teenagers around here, but y'all seem mature enough to merit first-name treatment. smile (If any of you are three years old, however, I'm "Mrs. Jernigan" to you goofy )

Oh, and metwin? If you met Wendy, you might have to call her "Dr. Richards" wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K