...while neither Roberts nor Krentz have won that many awards - if any? -
As a matter of fact, I was in attendance this summer when Ms. Roberts won the RITA award not once, but twice. She won Best Romantic Suspense for REMEMBER WHEN, which is written in two parts -- the first as Nora Roberts and the second as JD Robb -- and she also won Best Contemporary Single Title for BIRTHRIGHT. I have both books in my TBR pile. Heaven only knows when I'll get to them.

Among my favorite romantic suspense authors is Linda Howard. She began her career writing category romance but has since branched out into the single title field and her books always grace the NY Times bestseller list. They run the gamut of emotion. I'd be hard pressed to name my favorite, but if you put a gun to my head, it would probably be DYING TO PLEASE with MISTER PERFECT running a close second.

If you like quirky-funny, try Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. There are ten books in the series so far. I'm a Morelli cupcake. What about you? goofy

I don't much like historical novels so I'll have to pass on your other suggestions. Jennie Crusie is on my list of new authors to try. Her latest, BET ME, sounds good.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com