I love sleepy Lois's rambling, run-on thoughts. Those were really fun to read.

No, kissing didn't mean anything. And most especially it didn't mean anything when it was coupled with what she and Clark had shared the previous evening. Trauma, danger, cheating death by inches, the sheer, heady adrenalin rush of a chase through the dark, snuggling in a cabin in the woods in front of a roaring log fire and lost in a haze of candlelight...
Oh, great. So when does kissing mean anything, Lois? Come on, think about it. When are you going to have an evening that doesn't involve trauma, danger, cheating death by inches, and quite possibly a chase through the dark? Face it. You're Lois Lane. It's just not a proper evening out if someone doesn't try to kill you.

LOL, I really like the image of Lois's finger spelling things out for her while her head is occupied with slightly different matters. I definitely like her leaving it there. Very nice.

Really like this, too:

Maybe she didn't want to see surprise in her partner's eyes again when she thought to compliment him.
Nice to see Clark seeing sense about his other side, too. smile

Luthor couldn't give her that. But he could.
Sentences like this are a little confusing. I know what you mean, but...

Anyway, I, for one, am certainly satisfied with the ending. It's a good step forwards for them, a turning point.

Of course, if you wanted to explore what happens next, I'd have no objection... [Linked Image]

Great story, Lab. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.