Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
But when that nice, young doctor decided to stitch me back together (I had several ruptures *to the front* plus an episiotomy) without any anestesia at all, I finally screamed. I mean, imagine someone putting a needle through your most tender parts. Repeatedly. I really could do with a local anesthesia at least. Don't you think?
Ditto for DD5 and why I've blocked it. I'd had the epidural but it had worn off or something and I felt everything. If he gave me locals, they didn't work. My SFIL had to leave the hallway outside the room because he couldn't stand to listen to me scream anymore.

Only it wasn't a nice, young doctor. He was near the end of his practice and DH would still dearly love to meet him in a dark alley - he was yelling at me to hold still and I was yelling back that I couldn't because it hurt too badly. Worst 45 minutes of my life.

I was literally bawling when I talked to my new OB about it because I couldn't handle the thought of going through that again. Fortunately, she reassured me and actually told me she thought it at least bordered on malpractice and that if anyone in her office did something like that to me they'd have to answer to her.
Carol