Betsy, I read and enjoyed this story when you posted it last year. Then I reread it this morning and enjoyed it still more and posted some terribly important comments...but those were lost with the board crash mad

I am very glad that you found a way to sustain this alternate universe. I liked watching how the relationship of this Clark and this Lois developed. We have a vested interest in them now, and we want to see them continue. Maybe you'll care to revisit this universe someday...

I really like the idea of an alt-Tempus to help solve the problem. Very ingenious. And there was some wonderful banter between evil-Tempus and this Lois! He had certainly underestimated her.

And this had me rotflol
Straightening his spine and jutting his chin, Wells raised his fists in his best boxer's stance and approached Tempus.

"I'm afraid, chap, that you leave me no choice in the matter. Defend yourself."

Tempus gazed, open mouthed, at the comical sight before him, and then roared with laughter. "Oh, Herb, Herb," he huffed between laughs, "you slay me. Defend myself."
It was a wonderful story, and I certainly echo the sentiments of others when I say that I hope it's not the last long story that you write. Thanks so much for posting it. smile

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5