Ooh, this is something I actually know a little bit about smile When I first started writing fanfic, I used an omniscient POV -- I'd shift from one character's head to another every paragraph. But discussions like these enlightened me wink and now I stick with one POV per scene. I tend to get into a rhythm, a scene from Lois's POV, then one from Clark's, then back. I *always* notice POV these days, it's just one of the things I'm sensitive to.

When a scene's not working for me, one of the first things I ask myself about is POV -- am I trying to write this scene from the wrong side? I can't say how many times I've switched heads, and had the scene start to flow.

I can't verbalize how I choose a POV; it's just got to feel right. But one of the things I think about is, who has information that won't be in dialog? Is there anything I want the reader to know -- or is there something I want to conceal, or have misunderstood?

It's fun smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K