How well do you know the styles of various LnC fanfic writers? Do you think you could spot a LabRat love scene at a hundred paces? A CC Aiken dialogue from an airplane at 10,000 feet? A Wendy Richards introspection or an Yvonne Connell torture-Clark scene with one arm tied behind your back?

Test your skills as a reader and a writer. Participate in the “Guess That Writer” contest.

Rules for the Writers:

1. Length to be kept between 5 and 10 pages in a word processing program such as Word (using a standard font such as Courier or Times New Roman at 10 or 12 pt.). You can write something shorter than 5 pages, however it is hard to recognize a writer’s style if there is not much to go on.

2. Can end on a cliffhanger or can be a complete story/vignette (if you choose a cliffhanger, no complaining over the pitchforks clamoring for a sequel once your name is finally revealed <g>)

3. Can contain any number of scenes needed (1 thru whatever)

4. Stories should not be posted. Send completed story to me at the e-mail on this post. I'll post all stories so that they all appear under my nick with the format "Title of Story" by Writer #X - that way the writers remain completely anonymous.

5. All stories should be sent to me by August 21st, 2004.

6. Can submit entries for either or both an Nfic/Love Scene or a PG Scene with the following premises:

Nfic/Love Scene Premise: Lois and Clark attend a fancy dress ball. Can do a love scene before, during or after <g>.

PG Scene Premise: Clark or Lois (or both) gets a pet.

The Nfic scenes will be posted together on the nfic thread and the PG fics here in the challenge thread.

7. Story can be funny, tragic, anti-angst, heavy angst, high dialogue, no dialogue, whatever. Anything goes.

8. The PG scene may contain affection (kissing, etc.) but within the limits of PG, but it doesn’t have to contain that.

It is up to you as a writer whether you want to try to make it difficult for the readers to guess who you are or not. If you want, you can write one story in your own style and one "red herring" story, but no mocking of another writer's style.

Rules for readers:
1. Once all of the stories have been posted, guesses can be posted on the challenge thread – a format will be supplied.

2. We’ll decide how long to keep the guessing open once we know how many stories have to be read.

3. Winner is the person or persons who make the most correct guesses.

4. Prize is...a new car! OK, no, really. Just a big fat “Good for You!”

Hope this is fun – seems like it could be!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah