Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm You know you're addicted when... - 04/28/08 09:04 PM
...you're grading papers and when you read the term 'Miranda warnings' your thoughts immediately go to pheromones and the dance of the seven veils instead of 'You have the right to remain silent...'.

I've got others I know, but that's the one from tonight.

Anyone else?

Carol
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/28/08 09:24 PM
You get brief thoughts like "Oh, I'll just use my heat vision to warm this up."
Posted By: shimauma Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/28/08 09:26 PM
Hubby is forced to wear that Superman shirt I bought in Metropolis to bed goofy

Funny, Miranda reminds me of Firefly now laugh

TEEEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: Lady Loisette Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/28/08 11:35 PM
When you make 92 avatars from just 2 episodes.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/28/08 11:59 PM
When your passwords are LnC or fanfic related...
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 09:03 AM
When anytime you see the initials LL you think of Lois' silver jeep.
I have a habit of looking for LLCK initials on people's license plates. :rolleyes:

I bought a pair of superman panties today - the only merchandise I actually own besides dvds so I'm not apologising. Hey, if someone asks nicely I might even model them for you! shock thud
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 09:22 AM
Please? grovel Hee hee
OMG! Careful what you ask for, you just might get it! Thank goodness for mirrors and crappy phone cameras.

On the outside, where they belong!

[Linked Image]

(ps. the mess is not mine!)

[Linked Image]

Work it! laugh
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 10:18 AM
OMG! You're hilarious gr8!!! rotflol

And those are really cute. I would totally wear those..der..not yours though...my own pair.
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 10:19 AM
Just thought of another one...

When you own an ORK t-shirt!!! (mine's in the mail) squeeeee!!!!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 10:24 AM
...when you're watching a hockey game and the coach's horrendous looking tie automatically reminds you of the ones Clark used to wear on the show.

I offer this as proof .

And also, in my case: when offered the choice between a nice, spacious office and a small one the size of a broom-closet, you pick the small one because it has a view on Clark street... (not to mention, said office now looks like a shrine to Superman...)
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 10:33 AM
...when you quote things from the show. (hey I'm not saying I do this goofy I do look for Lois&Clark initials on people's license plates though :rolleyes: )
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 10:48 AM
I'm often tempted to do that. I do it with Friends but more people recognize those [I even throw them into fic occasionally too]. But no one except fellow FoLCs would understand something like 'Cheese of the Month'.

Carol [who doesn't remember being tempted to use that one but can't think of a better one right now]
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 11:01 AM
It's just easier to do that if you're a native English speaker. It woudn't be the same if I would translate it to Dutch. So I think I would also be more tempted to quote things if I talked English.

And I can already imagine the faces if I would began talking about my 'Cheese of the Month'. goofy
I said something about 'not needing shoes but eventually feet become bloody stumps' to someone recently and the blank stare following the long explanation made me wish I hadn't! goofy

...when you have lcficmbs as your homepage.
Posted By: woody Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 01:05 PM
Gr8, did you go to The Super Market for those?
Posted By: bellarase Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 01:45 PM
When you're going out of town to a dog show and the entire 3 hour drive, you're 'writing' fic scenes in your head.
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 03:13 PM
When you need your daily fix of reading fanfic and/or watching the show (and you're going crazy when you find out that the third and fourth seasons are not going to be released anytime soon in Germany)
There's always the UK import...

You're definitely addicted when you spend hour upon hour happily knotting s-shields into your friendship bracelet. It's the fifth time I'm doing it, and I'm sure it's not the last time. smile Oh, don't ask.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 07:09 PM
When you look at windows and balconies of buildings thinking if Superman could land unobtrusively or no.
Posted By: lisime12 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 07:21 PM
when you listen to Elvis and solely think of Perry White.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/29/08 08:48 PM
I probably speak alone, but James and I often talk about fanfic (reading and writing) when we're on dates. It's better than talking about the kids, particularly since we started reading and writing before we had children.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Classicalla Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 02:29 AM
Posted by Lara Joelle Kent:

You're definitely addicted when you spend hour upon hour happily knotting s-shields into your friendship bracelet. It's the fifth time I'm doing it, and I'm sure it's not the last time. [Smile] Oh, don't ask.
Hey, I've got one of those nifty bracelets and it's just awesome. Show us a pic, Mellie.

Okay, here's the link. I think that first one is mine! (Scroll down, down, down.) Super Friendship Bracelet
Yes, that first one is yours. It's the only one with that exact design. As a matter of fact, so far, I managed to not repeat myself. A small miracle, given the limited theme. smile

Oh, and another little story from this morning in educational science classes: "Which profession does do research professionally?"
Well, I was hard-pressed to not burst out with terms like 'gopher' and 'office intern' or even research assistant. I guess it's a good thing the seminar is held in German, or I might have done just that. help
… when you choose your hairdresser based on the fact that the salon is called Clarke’s and are even willing to forgive the spelling mistake. Hey, people tack an ’e’ on the end of my surname all the time!

You also know when you’re addicted when you start taking pictures of yourself with your underwear on and posting them for public consumption. Thanks for the link, Woody. Cute story. (I got ‘em at Topshop.)

Btw steph, we expect a picture of your t-shirt when it arrives, preferably with you in it! goofy
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 07:15 AM
when you see a mattress store and snicker...
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 08:34 AM
Originally posted by stephnachia:
when you see a mattress store and snicker...
Uh?? OK, this one, you need to explain to me... (/reminds everyone that "clueless" is her default setting)
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 08:45 AM
Remember VD? When Lois has issues with "what kind of mattress Clark will like". And then when they're trying to figure out where to go on their Virtual Honeymoon, Clark says, "Mattress Store??" Hee hee.
...when you start taking pictures of store fronts in a shopping mall. I got a few funny looks, but really, what did they expect when they put Clarks and Superdrug are right next to eachother? He's my Superdrug! drool

[Linked Image]

I have one more day off work, then I'll hopefully have better things to do with my time. goofy
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 10:41 AM
I did the "take a pic of something odd in a shopping mall, too" -- here.... and I'm sure you can figure out why this had me in a mad fit of giggles...

[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/laramoon/pic/00041tdh[/img]
Posted By: Shadow Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 11:16 AM
When you wish you could defy gravity to visit your folks instead of using the airlines LOL.

JD
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 01:42 PM
When you ask CK perfume for your birthday wink (yes the one on Lara's picture and yes it smells great!!)

... and when you have the motivational posters as you screensaver. (stil do)
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 02:34 PM
When you're glad the hotel next to your dentist's office has Wifi so you can surf the boards a bit while waiting to take 3 [yes, three] little girls into get their teeth checked.

Two guesses where I am...

Carol [whose kids are playing with toys while waiting their turn]
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 04:04 PM
when you check the message boards _before_ you check your email
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 04:09 PM
And on your way home you realize that three of your children were born in the hospital with the same name a S1 villain and you shudder.

Carol [whose girls did GREAT - even the 3yo let them clean her teeth with no problems]
Posted By: lisime12 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 04:17 PM
when you check the MBs more then twice aday blush
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 05:54 PM
When you always take your notebook with you hoping you could find the possibility to read fanfic or visit the mb
Posted By: EditorJax Re: You know you're addicted when... - 04/30/08 06:23 PM
When you buy Kiehl's cucumber oil because of the infamous ET interview.

And when you're considering Lane as a middle name for your first daughter. wink
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 04:26 PM
...you go bowling with your friends and you have to try not to giggle when you hear someone calling out the word 'lane'.
Posted By: BanAnna Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 04:38 PM
... you're at work making name badges for an upcoming event and you snicker at the name "Kent Pagoota". laugh

~Anna
Posted By: Rona V. Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 04:53 PM
Taking my linguistics final exam today, the easy bonus question at the end was to describe the presuppositions in a handful of sentences. Two of the questions were:

Herb robbed a bank again. <He must need more gold for his time machine.>

Herb wants to cheat yet another politician. <Tempus, again?>
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 05:14 PM
When you name your Guitar Hero band CK and the Lanes.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 05:48 PM
when you check the MBs more then twice aday
*lol* Goodness, on a normal day (from work!) I check the boards for new posts at least twice ever hour. ...it's not an addiction, it's a friggin' disease. LOL!

Here's another sign of addiction: when you stick your own L&C music vids on your iPod Touch and watch them over and over again on the bus ride home. Yes... I did that tonight. I'm not kidding. Watching "I'm Too Sexy" is the best pick-me-up ever. wink
Posted By: lisime12 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 06:00 PM
you smile every time you pass 'Kent's Liquor Store' (yeah I need to take a pic of that one day.)lol
Posted By: EditorJax Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 06:48 PM
Here's another sign of addiction: when you stick your own L&C music vids on your iPod Touch and watch them over and over again on the bus ride home. Yes... I did that tonight. I'm not kidding. Watching "I'm Too Sexy" is the best pick-me-up ever
Um, another sign: When you spend an entire flight from Seattle to Spokane (it was only 38 minutes, but still) watching music videos on your Zune and "I'm Too Sexy," is played enough times that you have to tilt the screen away from the person in the next seat (aka spousal unit) so he doesn't think you're nuts and/or planning to leave him for Superman.

Not that I did that or anything. Nope. Not me. Nope, I was busy reading the Skymall catalog. Yeah. That's right.
Posted By: Beth S. Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 06:49 PM
When you are engaged in an ethical debate with someone on the issues of cloning/genetic engineering and you have to bite your tongue to refrain from saying anything about frogs.
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/01/08 07:43 PM
LOL! Too funny Beth!

These are great. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

And twice a day? That would be nothing... I'm more on the twice [or more? when I'm bored or hoping for FDK or a new part of *fill in the WIP*] an hour.

Carol
Posted By: LoisLane9397 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/02/08 12:39 AM
When your work nickname is Lois Lane and you decorate your desk with symbols of Superman. wink
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/02/08 06:37 AM
...When you can actually imagine which episodes and which scenes you would use to vid absolutely every song you ever hear on the radio.

*sigh* Yes, I do that. That's why my "to vid" list is a mile and a half long. wink

(and Jenn, can I say I totally squee'd over your comment just up there? I mean, that *I* would watch my own stuff is kinda normal, but other people...watching obsessively... heee! dance )
Posted By: Tank Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/02/08 04:11 PM
I don't think I'm actually addicted to Lois and Clark (though I do check the message boards daily if I'm home). It's more that I'm addicted to Lois Lane, and Teri Hatcher did the best 'live action' version of her.

You might say I'm addicted to Lois Lane when you consider that I have about 12 T-shirts which have the classic Kurt Schaffenberger image on them.

You might also consider it a part of an addiction that my comic book art collection is almost entirely made up of Lois Lane sketchs and pages that feature Lois.

Someday I'd like to figure out how to create a website where I could post my Lois Lane art collection, but that is well beyond my computer skills.

Tank (who is not addicted to Lois Lane enough to consider Margot Kidder's performance as a legitimate Lois)
Posted By: caincrazy Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/02/08 08:52 PM
When the first thing you do when you get to work each morning is check the Lois and Clark message boards for updates.

You check, Amazon, E bay and anything else you can think of to get a new Dean movie.

When your study walls are covered with pictures, posters and stuff from Lois and Clark.
Posted By: BanAnna Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/02/08 09:15 PM
...When you can actually imagine which episodes and which scenes you would use to vid absolutely every song you ever hear on the radio.
OMG I do that constantly! Every song, everywhere. It's actually kind of irritating. I can see the images in my head, and sometimes I put the song on repeat because the vid becomes more clear the more I listen to the song, but to go home and actually put it together would take way too long, so I haven't vidded anything in years. frown

But yay for the vidathon! I'm looking forward to putting something together for the first time in a long time. laugh

~Anna
Posted By: corkat Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/03/08 10:01 AM
when you postpone your exam into the next semester because you read fanfics when you should learn blush
Posted By: Olive Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 08:42 AM
You know you're addicted when your biggest goal in life is to read the whole lcfanfic archive (I still have about 1139 stories to read) blush

...and when you go to the supermarket and look at chocolate and imediately think of Lois

... when every song you have on your iTunes reminds you of the show (the latest: James Morrison's "The Pieces don't fit anymore" for Clark's feelings when he thought Lois was going to choose Scardino)

It's so sad...
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 10:07 AM
... when every song you have on your iTunes reminds you of the show (the latest: James Morrison's "The Pieces don't fit anymore" for Clark's feelings when he thought Lois was going to choose Scardino)
Nina, you should post that in the ipod thread if you haven't already. Jenn's looking for songs for the cds to go in the swag bags at LAFF.
Posted By: Olive Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 11:29 AM
done wink

I've remembered another thing that shows you have a Lois & Clark addiction:
When you're playing The Sims and you realize you've just populated an entire SimLane with the characters of the show (and you're trying to marry SimLois with SimClark)...
Originally posted by nina6:
done wink

I've remembered another thing that shows you have a Lois & Clark addiction:
When you're playing The Sims and you realize you've just populated an entire SimLane with the characters of the show (and you're trying to marry SimLois with SimClark)...
...I was planning to do that! goofy )

*cough*

When you make homemade rag dolls of Superman, Lois Lane, and their baby. (Er, baby not included in pic)
...And you take them to college with you.

When you really wish there was an LnC themed computer game you could play.

When you decide, in a fit of depseration, to try making one yourself if you only knew what you were doing. grumble
Posted By: Olive Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 01:46 PM
I put Clark in Journalism and Lois in Law Enforcement. It's good to have a change in the roles (and if you reach the top of the career they can become heroes. HEHE)
Meanwhile Lex is reaching prosperity in his life of crime...
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 06:32 PM
When you're watching Bones and the character named 'Clark' is shaking hands with someone and losing the battle of who has the stronger grip and you think how opposite it is from the Perry/Clark handshake.
Carol
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 07:12 PM
When you name all your stuffed toys after characters from the show and you dress them up like characters from the show. Too bad I can't sew or Lois bear would have an Ultrawoman suit to go with Clark's Superman costume (which I bought from the store).
Posted By: TOC Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 07:18 PM
I saw a van with the text, www.lcservice.se the other day. The service provided was some kind of cleaning service. I thought to myself, yep, Clark could clean a lot of buildings awfully fast, but I can't see Lois scrubbing other people's grouts! laugh

Ann
Posted By: Lady Loisette Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/06/08 08:33 PM
You sit in an uncomfortable table staring at the computer screen for 10+ hours to read a single LnC fanfic.

You stay up until 8am to read a fanfic even though you have school in two hours.
When you live next to a street called "rue des Lois" (it literally means "street of laws") and you read "Lois's street".

When you're giggling in geography class because you're studying an analysis of the Kent area made by a guy named Clark.
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/11/08 12:49 PM
You know you're addicted when your biggest goal in life is to read the whole lcfanfic archive (I still have about 1139 stories to read) [Embarrassed]
That sounds a lot like me but have only read about 1000fics

when you postpone your exam into the next semester because you read fanfics when you should learn [Embarrassed]
I have to write a presentation f to write about Tibet and although it is very interesting I can't stop myself to check the boards
Posted By: Olive Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/12/08 05:05 AM
Ooh!! I can totally relate to that! Unfortunately I don't have the option to postpone exams... so I studied what I could (about one third of my notes) in the period of time that I like to call the panic hour (two days before the exam).-- I still don't know how, but it worked (must've been the inspiration from the fanfics) wink
Posted By: dedecasale Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/12/08 11:46 AM
When you are in the movie theater watching “Night at the Museum” and Rebecca says that Sacagawea was helping Lewis & Clark explore the American West, your heart skip a bit with happiness and you ask yourself “What? Lois & Clark are in the movie?”

When you do the exact same thing one year later when watching the movie on DVD, having totally forgotten who Lewis & Clark actually were.[Wow, I'm really bad at history!]

When you buy your godson a superman costume, even though you know he likes Batman better. What’s the matter? He liked it!

When you are out with said godson and takes him to blockbuster and he picks up the Spiderman Cartoon you slip in the Superman Cartoon, and blames the cash register guy for making the switch. [He is five y/o, I don’t know for how long I can keep fooling him.]

And finally, when you read Superman comic book to him instead of a good bedtime story. I think that’s why he likes me so much!
Posted By: Melisma Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/13/08 08:52 PM
I haven't been here in years, but I just had to stop in and add to this thread (or start one if this one wasn't here!)...

I'm busy taking an online medical transcription course, which involves lots of medication names and other terminology, so we are encouraged to make lists of words as reference material - I add stuff manually as I come across it, or I dump stuff wholesale from other people's wordlists...

So just now I was searching for a particular drug that a dictator mentioned in the practice report I'm trying to transcribe, and there in my pharma list is the drug Metimyd - and off I went thinking about 'Smart Kids'!

Alas, this Metimyd is not stuff to make one smarter, as Metimide 5 did. According to my drugs manual it's a type of eye ointment, and a discontinued eye ointment, at that...

Sigh...

Onward and upwards!

Melisma (ducking determinedly back under her Rock to finish this horribly long, annoying report at long last...)

--------
Clinics 3 or bust! - Me

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/13/08 10:13 PM
MEL!!!!!

/me reaches under Mel's rock and drags her back out, twirling her wildly then duct taping her to the fandom

I had something else... DH and I were talking to his mom/stepdad and some topic we hit on was something that I could have turned into a L/C conversation...

Oh - and ask BanAnna about this one... When your 3you decides to watch Rudolph [the second one, not the original better one] and you start drawing parallels between a red nosed reindeer and Clark Kent...

Carol
Posted By: C_A Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/14/08 01:03 AM
YKYAW you get ridiculously excited because your local radio station routinely uses the L&C theme as background music when they have people call in for their sweepstakes promotions. cool
...you walk passed this sign and think of space stations instead of newspapers.

[Linked Image]

...every time you see peonies you think of Martha.
When you take the afternoon shift at your job so you don't have to wait until you get home to read the new part of a fanfiction that you know will get posted at 1am.

I did this the summer Sue was writing Faustian Bargain. It was actually to avoid being late for work because I was reading and lost track of time so you see it was actually a very sensible decision.
Posted By: coolgirl Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/14/08 09:45 AM
Some fics are like that... they want me to bunk everything - work, cooking, hubby wink - and finish it in one go! And when it's finished, I'd wish I'd taken my time with it!

I used to check the boards once or twice a day but now I do it once in a week or so... work pressure!

I did this the summer Sue was writing Faustian Bargain.
Speaking of Sue... where's she nowadays? Her works are definitely addictive! smile I hope she's back with a nice long WaFFy sexy NFic and soon! Missing her flavor in the boards!

help
Posted By: shimauma Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/14/08 02:07 PM
Speaking of Sue... where's she nowadays? Her works are definitely addictive! I hope she's back with a nice long WaFFy sexy NFic and soon! Missing her flavor in the boards!
LOL!! I'm never going to be able to go to www.icanhascheezburger.com now without thinking about a Sue Fic. Lemme show you example:

SUE FIC
[Linked Image]
HER HAZ FLVR!!!
I just remembered this one

When you read an entire fanfic on your phone because you haven't had internet service for a couple of months and have spent that long without reading a single fic and was suffering from withdrawal. (Back then my phone screen was very small but Wendy's Happy New Tears was soo worth it.)
Posted By: CarolynK Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/14/08 08:36 PM
When your daughter proudly informs her third grade teacher that Sacajawea was the Native guide who traveled with famous explorers Lois and Clark...
Posted By: LoisLane9397 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/15/08 12:16 AM
When you get all giddy and jump up and down in your chair after you realize during the company meeting that the VP of everything has decided to use the LNC theme song as his "walking onto the stage" intro. I was probably the only one to pick up on that. laugh
When you became upset that everyone was so excited about spiderman's upside down kiss and all you kept saying was Lois and Clark did it first.
Posted By: GuineaPants Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/15/08 08:14 PM
You know your addicted when....
...You are reading two fics at once while writing one and looking at the message boards...I think I need some serious help help
Posted By: Beth S. Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/15/08 08:42 PM
When you've been unable to leave comments on the boards due to RL for a few days, and you feel like you've been gone for such a "long time"

Also, when you get into a discussion about sucky fortune cookie fortunes, and you have to restrain yourself from making a certain obscure comment about good horses.
Posted By: GuineaPants Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/15/08 10:41 PM
I just thought of another one.
...when you can't be left alone with markers or nail polish if they are red, blue, and yellow in color. rotflol
Posted By: dedecasale Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/16/08 10:58 AM
Originally posted by CarolynK:
When your daughter proudly informs her third grade teacher that Sacajawea was the Native guide who traveled with famous explorers Lois and Clark...
Good to know I’m not the only one, lol! Although, I had never heard of Sacajawea before because I’m Brazilian, and while watching “Night at the Museum” I checked the subtitle to see if my mind wasn’t playing tricks at me. It turns out it was…
Posted By: cp33 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/16/08 01:47 PM
There is a commerical for a pizza buffett that talks about the Lewis and Clark of pizza and I swear they are saying the Lois and Clark of pizza.

I might go try it if I thought there was chance of seeing either Lois or Clark there!
Posted By: stephnachia Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/16/08 02:28 PM
when you eat pasta and find yourself getting a little frisky... maybe Clark was right! eek
Posted By: minimunch3 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/22/08 10:34 PM
Since I just graduated college I have to permanently move everything back into my room at home. While cleaning out my closet I found two shoeboxes full of vhs tapes with the season, episode number, and title of every single LnC episode. All I have to say is thank goodness for dvds.
Posted By: TOC Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/23/08 12:37 AM
When you take one look at a young woman entering your train compartment and think to yourself, My God, what is Jimmy doing here??? (Well, there was a slight resemblance between her and Justin Whalin's Jimmy....)

Ann
when you've added "folc" to you comps dictionary so it can't getting that little red line under it.
Posted By: Rona V. Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/23/08 02:00 PM
I haven't added "folc" but I have added words such as Smallville.
Posted By: TOC Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/23/08 02:02 PM
You know you are addicted when you immediately think of Lois and Clark when you see this quote from New York Times:

On May 23, 1934, bank robbers Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were shot to death in a police ambush as they were driving a stolen Ford Deluxe along a road in Bienville Parish, La.
Ann
Posted By: carolm Re: You know you're addicted when... - 05/23/08 02:39 PM
Yeah - I've often thought about adding words - Mayson is the one driving me nuts at the moment wink . But she's almost done so...

I need to do that...
Carol
let me see...

...when you get lines from the show and use it as your status message on Yahoo! Messenger and your friends start to ask, 'What the heck does that mean?' [I currently use 'You can fly. I can stay mad. It's a gift.']

...when you decide to have a new signature and putting Lois' name in it. [my real name is Eliza, and I make 'Eliza' to 'Elois' but I kinda blur it so that no one would notice..

...when you get so excited because Smallville's Season 8 will be in L&Cish format...

...when you see your teachers' new haircuts and instantly remember Clark's and Lois' hair from S1.

...when you get giddy whenever you hear on the radio the song 'Superman(It's Not Easy to Be Me as some call it)' by Five For Fighting.

...when you see one of the questions in a local game show says, 'What is the only element that can stop kryptonite from harming Superman?' or something like that and the contestant blurts out a very stupid answer and you shout, 'It's lead, idiot! Lead!'
Posted By: TOC Re: You know you're addicted when... - 06/01/08 09:01 AM
...when you see a car whose licence plate reads JAX 123 and you think about... you think about a certain FoLC, what else? (And you wonder why the car isn't pink.)

Ann
Posted By: lisime12 Re: You know you're addicted when... - 06/01/08 03:49 PM
when you're sick in bed for a week with an ear infection, and the only thing that makes you smile is watching Lois and Clark DVDs.
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: You know you're addicted when... - 06/01/08 03:53 PM
When you read a story where John Dillinger is the protagonist, but you just hate him for what happened to Clark. goofy
Posted By: GuineaPants Re: You know you're addicted when... - 06/04/08 05:17 PM
When you see Daily on a newspaper out of the corner of your eye and have to look closer cause your brain instantly thought that the paper was called The Daily Planet...even though it was Anchorage Daily News...
when you do an immediate double take anytime you see the word "super"
Posted By: kmar Re: You know you're addicted when... - 06/06/08 12:21 AM
When you are trying to pick out a paint color - a blue gray - and finally pick one because of its name. I have my spare bedroom painted Kryptonite. It is blue gray.

When you partition your hard drive and set up a partition to house your LnC fanfiction on. When you check it in your LnC G fic folder you have over 3,000 files and your Nfic folder has just over 900 files. And so you don't loose any of the stories you do as Clark suggests and routinely back up your files.

And yes I have added many of the names to the dictionary so I don't get that dreaded red line showing a spelling error.
Posted By: shimauma Re: You know you're addicted when... - 06/07/08 08:09 AM
When you're moving out of state, but you spend time you should be packing to take pictures of places that remind you of Clark Kent while wearing your "ORK!" hoodie.

A Shoe store at the Mall of America
[Linked Image]
The street near where my daughter's best friend lives.
[Linked Image]
My favorite gas station where I pick up fishing bait.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Of course, Pete, Clark's best friend in Smallville is providing competition...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: You know you're addicted when... - 07/05/08 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
I probably speak alone, but James and I often talk about fanfic (reading and writing) when we're on dates. It's better than talking about the kids, particularly since we started reading and writing before we had children.
Holy Cow! eek Craig and I have done that!! He writes plots for role-playing games and I'm always asking him for advise on fanfic I'm working on!!
:rolleyes:

How about:

when everytime you read a book or see a movie you think, "How can I cross this over with LnC?"

laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards