Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
When you name all your stuffed toys after characters from the show and you dress them up like characters from the show. Too bad I can't sew or Lois bear would have an Ultrawoman suit to go with Clark's Superman costume (which I bought from the store).

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I saw a van with the text, www.lcservice.se the other day. The service provided was some kind of cleaning service. I thought to myself, yep, Clark could clean a lot of buildings awfully fast, but I can't see Lois scrubbing other people's grouts! laugh

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You sit in an uncomfortable table staring at the computer screen for 10+ hours to read a single LnC fanfic.

You stay up until 8am to read a fanfic even though you have school in two hours.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Blogger
Blogger
When you live next to a street called "rue des Lois" (it literally means "street of laws") and you read "Lois's street".

When you're giggling in geography class because you're studying an analysis of the Kent area made by a guy named Clark.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You know you're addicted when your biggest goal in life is to read the whole lcfanfic archive (I still have about 1139 stories to read) [Embarrassed]
That sounds a lot like me but have only read about 1000fics

when you postpone your exam into the next semester because you read fanfics when you should learn [Embarrassed]
I have to write a presentation f to write about Tibet and although it is very interesting I can't stop myself to check the boards

Kathryn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh!! I can totally relate to that! Unfortunately I don't have the option to postpone exams... so I studied what I could (about one third of my notes) in the period of time that I like to call the panic hour (two days before the exam).-- I still don't know how, but it worked (must've been the inspiration from the fanfics) wink

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
When you are in the movie theater watching “Night at the Museum” and Rebecca says that Sacagawea was helping Lewis & Clark explore the American West, your heart skip a bit with happiness and you ask yourself “What? Lois & Clark are in the movie?”

When you do the exact same thing one year later when watching the movie on DVD, having totally forgotten who Lewis & Clark actually were.[Wow, I'm really bad at history!]

When you buy your godson a superman costume, even though you know he likes Batman better. What’s the matter? He liked it!

When you are out with said godson and takes him to blockbuster and he picks up the Spiderman Cartoon you slip in the Superman Cartoon, and blames the cash register guy for making the switch. [He is five y/o, I don’t know for how long I can keep fooling him.]

And finally, when you read Superman comic book to him instead of a good bedtime story. I think that’s why he likes me so much!

Columnist
Columnist
I haven't been here in years, but I just had to stop in and add to this thread (or start one if this one wasn't here!)...

I'm busy taking an online medical transcription course, which involves lots of medication names and other terminology, so we are encouraged to make lists of words as reference material - I add stuff manually as I come across it, or I dump stuff wholesale from other people's wordlists...

So just now I was searching for a particular drug that a dictator mentioned in the practice report I'm trying to transcribe, and there in my pharma list is the drug Metimyd - and off I went thinking about 'Smart Kids'!

Alas, this Metimyd is not stuff to make one smarter, as Metimide 5 did. According to my drugs manual it's a type of eye ointment, and a discontinued eye ointment, at that...

Sigh...

Onward and upwards!

Melisma (ducking determinedly back under her Rock to finish this horribly long, annoying report at long last...)

--------
Clinics 3 or bust! - Me

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
MEL!!!!!

/me reaches under Mel's rock and drags her back out, twirling her wildly then duct taping her to the fandom

I had something else... DH and I were talking to his mom/stepdad and some topic we hit on was something that I could have turned into a L/C conversation...

Oh - and ask BanAnna about this one... When your 3you decides to watch Rudolph [the second one, not the original better one] and you start drawing parallels between a red nosed reindeer and Clark Kent...

Carol

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
YKYAW you get ridiculously excited because your local radio station routinely uses the L&C theme as background music when they have people call in for their sweepstakes promotions. cool

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
...you walk passed this sign and think of space stations instead of newspapers.

[Linked Image]

...every time you see peonies you think of Martha.

The key to change... is to let go of fear - Rosanne Cash
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
When you take the afternoon shift at your job so you don't have to wait until you get home to read the new part of a fanfiction that you know will get posted at 1am.

I did this the summer Sue was writing Faustian Bargain. It was actually to avoid being late for work because I was reading and lost track of time so you see it was actually a very sensible decision.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Some fics are like that... they want me to bunk everything - work, cooking, hubby wink - and finish it in one go! And when it's finished, I'd wish I'd taken my time with it!

I used to check the boards once or twice a day but now I do it once in a week or so... work pressure!

I did this the summer Sue was writing Faustian Bargain.
Speaking of Sue... where's she nowadays? Her works are definitely addictive! smile I hope she's back with a nice long WaFFy sexy NFic and soon! Missing her flavor in the boards!

help

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Features Writer
Features Writer
Speaking of Sue... where's she nowadays? Her works are definitely addictive! I hope she's back with a nice long WaFFy sexy NFic and soon! Missing her flavor in the boards!
LOL!! I'm never going to be able to go to www.icanhascheezburger.com now without thinking about a Sue Fic. Lemme show you example:

SUE FIC
[Linked Image]
HER HAZ FLVR!!!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just remembered this one

When you read an entire fanfic on your phone because you haven't had internet service for a couple of months and have spent that long without reading a single fic and was suffering from withdrawal. (Back then my phone screen was very small but Wendy's Happy New Tears was soo worth it.)

Blogger
Blogger
When your daughter proudly informs her third grade teacher that Sacajawea was the Native guide who traveled with famous explorers Lois and Clark...

Peace, Carolyn
Features Writer
Features Writer
When you get all giddy and jump up and down in your chair after you realize during the company meeting that the VP of everything has decided to use the LNC theme song as his "walking onto the stage" intro. I was probably the only one to pick up on that. laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
When you became upset that everyone was so excited about spiderman's upside down kiss and all you kept saying was Lois and Clark did it first.

G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
You know your addicted when....
...You are reading two fics at once while writing one and looking at the message boards...I think I need some serious help help

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Columnist
Columnist
When you've been unable to leave comments on the boards due to RL for a few days, and you feel like you've been gone for such a "long time"

Also, when you get into a discussion about sucky fortune cookie fortunes, and you have to restrain yourself from making a certain obscure comment about good horses.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard