Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Columnist
Columnist
... you're at work making name badges for an upcoming event and you snicker at the name "Kent Pagoota". laugh

~Anna

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Taking my linguistics final exam today, the easy bonus question at the end was to describe the presuppositions in a handful of sentences. Two of the questions were:

Herb robbed a bank again. <He must need more gold for his time machine.>

Herb wants to cheat yet another politician. <Tempus, again?>

Columnist
Columnist
When you name your Guitar Hero band CK and the Lanes.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
when you check the MBs more then twice aday
*lol* Goodness, on a normal day (from work!) I check the boards for new posts at least twice ever hour. ...it's not an addiction, it's a friggin' disease. LOL!

Here's another sign of addiction: when you stick your own L&C music vids on your iPod Touch and watch them over and over again on the bus ride home. Yes... I did that tonight. I'm not kidding. Watching "I'm Too Sexy" is the best pick-me-up ever. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
you smile every time you pass 'Kent's Liquor Store' (yeah I need to take a pic of that one day.)lol

Misha: I'm not a crackpot!

Martha: No dear, trust me, you are.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Here's another sign of addiction: when you stick your own L&C music vids on your iPod Touch and watch them over and over again on the bus ride home. Yes... I did that tonight. I'm not kidding. Watching "I'm Too Sexy" is the best pick-me-up ever
Um, another sign: When you spend an entire flight from Seattle to Spokane (it was only 38 minutes, but still) watching music videos on your Zune and "I'm Too Sexy," is played enough times that you have to tilt the screen away from the person in the next seat (aka spousal unit) so he doesn't think you're nuts and/or planning to leave him for Superman.

Not that I did that or anything. Nope. Not me. Nope, I was busy reading the Skymall catalog. Yeah. That's right.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Columnist
Columnist
When you are engaged in an ethical debate with someone on the issues of cloning/genetic engineering and you have to bite your tongue to refrain from saying anything about frogs.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL! Too funny Beth!

These are great. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

And twice a day? That would be nothing... I'm more on the twice [or more? when I'm bored or hoping for FDK or a new part of *fill in the WIP*] an hour.

Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
When your work nickname is Lois Lane and you decorate your desk with symbols of Superman. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
...When you can actually imagine which episodes and which scenes you would use to vid absolutely every song you ever hear on the radio.

*sigh* Yes, I do that. That's why my "to vid" list is a mile and a half long. wink

(and Jenn, can I say I totally squee'd over your comment just up there? I mean, that *I* would watch my own stuff is kinda normal, but other people...watching obsessively... heee! dance )

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I don't think I'm actually addicted to Lois and Clark (though I do check the message boards daily if I'm home). It's more that I'm addicted to Lois Lane, and Teri Hatcher did the best 'live action' version of her.

You might say I'm addicted to Lois Lane when you consider that I have about 12 T-shirts which have the classic Kurt Schaffenberger image on them.

You might also consider it a part of an addiction that my comic book art collection is almost entirely made up of Lois Lane sketchs and pages that feature Lois.

Someday I'd like to figure out how to create a website where I could post my Lois Lane art collection, but that is well beyond my computer skills.

Tank (who is not addicted to Lois Lane enough to consider Margot Kidder's performance as a legitimate Lois)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
When the first thing you do when you get to work each morning is check the Lois and Clark message boards for updates.

You check, Amazon, E bay and anything else you can think of to get a new Dean movie.

When your study walls are covered with pictures, posters and stuff from Lois and Clark.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
Columnist
Columnist
...When you can actually imagine which episodes and which scenes you would use to vid absolutely every song you ever hear on the radio.
OMG I do that constantly! Every song, everywhere. It's actually kind of irritating. I can see the images in my head, and sometimes I put the song on repeat because the vid becomes more clear the more I listen to the song, but to go home and actually put it together would take way too long, so I haven't vidded anything in years. frown

But yay for the vidathon! I'm looking forward to putting something together for the first time in a long time. laugh

~Anna

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
when you postpone your exam into the next semester because you read fanfics when you should learn blush

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You know you're addicted when your biggest goal in life is to read the whole lcfanfic archive (I still have about 1139 stories to read) blush

...and when you go to the supermarket and look at chocolate and imediately think of Lois

... when every song you have on your iTunes reminds you of the show (the latest: James Morrison's "The Pieces don't fit anymore" for Clark's feelings when he thought Lois was going to choose Scardino)

It's so sad...

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Top Banana
Top Banana
... when every song you have on your iTunes reminds you of the show (the latest: James Morrison's "The Pieces don't fit anymore" for Clark's feelings when he thought Lois was going to choose Scardino)
Nina, you should post that in the ipod thread if you haven't already. Jenn's looking for songs for the cds to go in the swag bags at LAFF.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
done wink

I've remembered another thing that shows you have a Lois & Clark addiction:
When you're playing The Sims and you realize you've just populated an entire SimLane with the characters of the show (and you're trying to marry SimLois with SimClark)...

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by nina6:
done wink

I've remembered another thing that shows you have a Lois & Clark addiction:
When you're playing The Sims and you realize you've just populated an entire SimLane with the characters of the show (and you're trying to marry SimLois with SimClark)...
...I was planning to do that! goofy )

*cough*

When you make homemade rag dolls of Superman, Lois Lane, and their baby. (Er, baby not included in pic)
...And you take them to college with you.

When you really wish there was an LnC themed computer game you could play.

When you decide, in a fit of depseration, to try making one yourself if you only knew what you were doing. grumble

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I put Clark in Journalism and Lois in Law Enforcement. It's good to have a change in the roles (and if you reach the top of the career they can become heroes. HEHE)
Meanwhile Lex is reaching prosperity in his life of crime...

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
When you're watching Bones and the character named 'Clark' is shaking hands with someone and losing the battle of who has the stronger grip and you think how opposite it is from the Perry/Clark handshake.
Carol

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard