Lois & Clark Forums
i love the part in swear god this time we are not kidding where Lois hits her head on the cupboard and acts as if she lost her memory again and the whole part.
Space Rat episode: I love the scene when Lois and Clark act like they were children...they are so funny!! :p
AKA Superman: The scene at the Chinese restaurant. Lois keeps throwing her chopsticks under the table, gets down to pick them up and rants about Jimmy's girlfriend. Too funny! lol
AKA Superman the end was great too. What a lovely surprise party.
Ditto Lolly!! laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Clark's attempts to resist Lois in Pheromone My Lovely it was both cute and funny!
the black-white scenes when clark is a spain dancer and lois is ' me superwife!'
Lois & Clark playing Trivia Pursuit in HIM.

L: I knew that! I knew that!
C: Oh no, you didn't!

Cracks me up every time.

- Vicki
The Heybah Heybah song from "Oedipus Wrecks." Watching Perry and the others dance while under mind control...leaves me in stitches! lol! laugh
Actually what amused me the most about Oedipus Wrecks wasn't the Heyba sequence... it was Deter seeing a sign that said "go to Tahiti!" or something, and saying "okay!"

And then Perry or Lois or whoever it was reached him on the plane to Tahiti. That was great. <g>

Julie
I thought the whole scene where Clark was pretending to be a bartender in "I've got a Crush on You" was HILARIOUS! the way he treated Lois by throwing her in the dumpster and then was all nice to the Toasters leader. It was so funny!!
I think it's so funny in the episode "ides of Metropolis" when Lois is pretending to be clark futre wife when trying to proove that he'll lie to her soem of the time and she says "honey do ya like it?"
Clark's mother trying to teach him to fly, and then pushing him off the balcony. goofy

- Vicki
I love the part when Clark draws a fake superman spaceship location and sends it to lois who ends up getting lost in the city dump. Then she shows up at the daily planet with dinosaur doll wearing a superman outfit. It's hilarious!
i think my ultimate funny part would be the chinese dinner scene in AKA Superman, but most specifically the line where clark goes "You should see her with silverware. not a pretty sight, so we'll just, take it away." i love the way he says that!!! also, i like the line in Virtually Destroyed where Clark/Jaxon asks lois "why do you keep hitting me with vases?"
All of the above. <g> Also:

The scene where Bobby Bigmouth tells Clark and Lois that there are a lot of people rooting for them to get together. I love their reactions to this unexpected news - priceless.

smile1

LabRat smile
The scene where Clark tries to get Lois to Promise him and he counts it off "One...Two...Three... I swear" but he actually says it and Lois (being Lois), doesnt swear and she smiles kisses him and walkes away... Then clark is all "Lois...Lois...")

Lois always has me laughing...

Sorry don't remember which episode its from but it is one of my favorite scenes.
Let's throw a double party:

Welcome, Remercie!

party party

And... wow, another fan from Greece! Welcome, Phibs!!

party party

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Well I can only remember a few were I got the case of the giggles:

Clark's mother trying to teach him to fly, and then pushing him off the balcony.
Me too.

I laughed when Martha said something like, "well they won't be looking at your face." The part when she made Clark's Superman outfit.

I'm sure there is more . . .

Though, I laughed at the show a lot in season 4 and during IOM. AH TOMATOES.

EDIT:

I remembered another one:
"Lois is…well, she’s…complicated. Domineering, uncompromising, pig-headed…brilliant. And we’re not really going out. It’s business.” (Clark)

“Uh, huh.” (Martha Kent)
Thanks to LoisLane9397! Martha and Perry usually got me to giggle.

Lex did too - "I think I'm going to throw up." When he was skeet shooting off the top floor of his building and he said something along the lines of, "call the lawyers Nigel."
Erin reminded me tonight of Martha's hilarious dry humour when Lois charges into Clark's apartment in the middle of the night in The Source and starts in on her latest theory. That one always has me rotflol Martha is hilarious.

LabRat smile
And who can forget the hilarious scene in TF -- "Hello -- duh!" That whole scene is great. I cracked up laughing at that the first time I saw it... and pretty much every time since, too wink Actually, Tempus can usually get me laughing. "Contemplate your future as a charcoal briquette. It's soothing!"

PJ
I like Martha, too. I remember one scene where Clark is talking about something serious, I forget what (maybe it was the clone in Vatman?), and his mother is there working on her latest sculpture. Clark looks at it for awhile and then asks what it is and she has some weird name for it and Jonathan and Clark just exchange this knowing look.

Another scene that gets me laughing every time is Lois' daydream where she has the pope and the queen over for interviews and babies are coming out of the woodwork and Clark is all cheerful, saying raising kids is a piece of cake.

- Vicki
Ellen & Martha scenes in The Family Hour wave
laugh glad to be of service!
The pilot-

Lois: There was a bomb! And he...he...ate it!

It was hilarious the way she said it! lol
Welcome to the boards, Katt!!! goofy

The only one I can think of right now that hasn't been mentioned... well, a few from Just Say Noah.

This one's a bit subtle, especially if you don't know Spanish... but when Larry Smiley is on the "God Phone", he says goodbye as such: "And a vaya con dios to you too!" goofy

Then, there is the *classic* Jimmy and Lois scene where they're tied up at the top of the lightning tower. I die laughing every time I hear Jimmy say, "And then you took my hand and said, 'Jimmy, I can make a man of you.'" rotflol

Sara smile
(I'm on a study break - honest!!!)

Then, there is the *classic* Jimmy and Lois scene where they're tied up at the top of the lightning tower. I die laughing every time I hear Jimmy say, "And then you took my hand and said, 'Jimmy, I can make a man of you.'"
OH yes, I that one made me laugh too. Thanks for the reminder - I'm laughing. I needed that b/c stats is making my brain mushy.
I don't remember the one w/ Jimmy and Lois, but even just seeing that I started laughing! It sounds great!
My favorite is the classic line:

"I said 9:00, I thought you'd be naked...ready!"

Good ol' Lois. laugh

Jenny
I love that one, too, Foxy-J! It shows that she was a goner from the start. laugh

And... is that... can it be?? Another FoLC from Arizona?? smile1

Sara (also a native to Arizona smile )
my favorite would be in virtually destroyed right after Clark's famous line "the big intimacy threshold.....I've never actually crossed it." The utter silence after that line where you could here tableware dropping somewhere in the background and the look on lois' face cracked me up.
For sheer humor: Neverending Battle. When a flithy Lois limps in, talking about how she's met billions of mosquitoes, then reaches into a bag to bring out the SuperGodzilla, well, that sequence slayed me. Then Clark threw "No charge" back in her face and I was totally through.

The "Heyba, heyba" dance sequence ranks a close second. I like some dance music and that song was the absolute worst rap song I've ever heard. Watching those people so moved by it had me rolling on the floor. Plus, what the heck was that step Dieter was doing anyway?
I may have to post repeatedly as I recall other scenes that made me laugh, but two come to mind immediately:

In Strange Visitor when the 3 Kents are looking for Clark's spaceship, Martha says, "Maybe we shouldn't have told you about being adopted." And Clark replies, "That would've been hard after I started bench pressing cars."

The other is in the episode where Martha is talking about Jung and Freud, and Jonathan looks at Clark and says, "Adult Education. It's a beautiful thing."

Cracks me up every time.
There are so many...But the one I'm thinking of right now is in AKA Superman when Lois is telling Clark that she has found a night he's free. He then whips out the planner with the little red, yellow and blue tags on it. I love how she says, "Superman has a day planner!?!"

Sorry. Day planner jokes get me every time.
Wow! This post has brought out alot of new people. Welcome Evenindeath, J.C, Crackers, Phibs and Katt!!!

Jackie
I've been completely swamped with work for the last several days, and I've ended up putting on L&C as background noise while I work. Since Friday night I've watched 46 episodes wink I do still have to laugh sometimes though!

- The Prankster... A lot of the things he does makes me laugh, but the one that comes to mind at the moment (because I just saw it <g>) is when he freezes Victor, puts the pincers in his nose, and then when Victor unfreezes he says, "Now, Victor, now instead of putting pincers up inside our nostrils, which is ornamental but perhaps not as helpful as one would wish..." He's so casual about it!

- Perry dancing. Anytime wink Shaking his butt at Martha and Jonathan (and the camera <g>) in Season's Greedings... Singing "Hunka hunka burnin' love" outside Rehalia's door (and the stunned look he gets when her husband opens the door)...

- Actually, there are a lot of really funny moments in Season's Greedings. I love the little wobble Lois does when Perry catches her playing hopscotch.

I'll probably have more of these before I'm done studying... This is a fun topic smile

Kaylle
The only moments I can think of that were funny that haven't been mentioned (the ones that have had me cracking up all over again):

After Clark burns the heel off Lois's shoe Dean does this weird flailing arms thing that cracks me up every time.

For some reason, when Sperman gets hit with Red K and Lois is exasperated b/c he lets Perry be kidnapped, when he says "Lois don't have a stroke," I just crack up

And I thought Lois' island freak out was pretty funny. (whenever she babbles or doesn't get her way is pretty funny actually)
Well there are few episodes that haven't made me grin. laugh

Except those mentioned above we have:

The Cleveland exchange in the pilot.

"Superman is definitely an alien entity. He comes from the planet Trofax and he's not alone. I've been on the ship, there are thousands like him. Freeze-dried. Awaiting a call to arms."

All the scenes where Luthor extoll his extraordinary traits or masterplans to his dog or whatnot.
With this gem from Vatman as the crowning touch:

"Lex: And then the wolf said to Little Red Ridinghood, ‘Are you sure the policy is in your name?’ And Little Red Ridinghood said, ‘Yes, Grandma promised that when she passed away, I would inherit everything’, and then the wolf said, ‘Hmm . . . let's pay Grandma a visit.' And so Little Red Ridinghood took off her hood and her cape, and she gave it to the wolf.
Vatman: And the wolf went through the forest to grandmother’s house and he ate her, and then he and Red Ridinghood split the money."

Wall of sound is one of my favourites. Lois is over the top for laughs but not jarringly so.

"Clark: Lois, you're not upset because I got nominated . . .
Lois: That is ridiculous. We both did great stories. Mine destroyed an international drug network, and yours told the really searing truth about old people. And, and, I can't believe that. I mean there's gotta be some mistake. They lost my story, or their brains were taken over by aliens or something, because. . . . Oh, God, look at me. This is really pathetic, isn't it? I didn't know I could be this small. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Or the reconcilations scene where Lois brush away Clark's attempt to nail her down.

The copymachine in the source.

"Well, it's obvious this machine needs a new Thermo... Master... connector. (off the woman's doubtful look) That's the thing that connects the Thermo to the Master. We'll order it today, be back tomorrow.
SECRETARY Maybe you'd better explain the problem to my boss. I don't want to lose anything in the translation.
LOIS What's to lose? It's broken and we'll fix it tomorrow.
CLARK Uh, actually, I think all it needs is a good kick.
LOIS A kick? It needs a kick?! (to secretary) He's joking. He's a trainee. They do that.
CLARK It can't hurt to try, 'Miss Jefferson.' Lois shoots him a look, then kicks the machine. Nothing.
LOIS Maybe I'm kicking the wrong thing."

later..

"BENDER Listen, you're lucky we're not prosecuting you for illegal trespass.
LOIS (calling after him) Yeah!? Wait 'til you get our bill for fixing your copy machine!"

Spencer-Spencer and his team of villains. A pity he didn't get another episode.

"What do you mean she's alive?!! Idiot! High school drop-out! I'll deal with you when I see you! (to Klavel)Slam the phone down definitively."

"You know, I was gonna kill you for all that crap you wrote about me, but I thought you might prefer an exciting career opportunity.
LOIS What do you mean?
SPENCER SPENCER You can be my sex slave.
LOIS Kill me.
SPENCER SPENCER I know, I know, the body. Maybe I shouldn't hide it in a box, maybe you imagine it worse than it is.
LOIS Maybe.
SPENCER SPENCER (exploding) You _couldn't_ imagine worse than this!! My only chance at girls like you is shootin' 'em up with cobra venom, and _then_ it's iffy!!"

All sleaze interviews in season four.
"Lois: Listen, let's get something straight. Clones eat frogs. Not lizards. Frogs. Any idiot knows that."

Nunk was a unsung hero.
-When Clark was a bartender in "Ive got a crush on you".....that scene was hilarious

-In the Space Rats episode.....the entire episode was pretty funny

-the scene where Lois tries to find out what question to ask the president in "Return of the Prankster".....and Clark gives his answer to which Bobby Bigmouth replies "thats a very good question, Clark"..........VERY FUNNY!
Haha--this thread is making me laugh, just re-living all the funny moments!

but!! No one has mentioned Cat Grant!! How I adore the part where Cat and the Xerox-repair man emerge--disheveled--from the copy room. "Spray? What spray? I didn't get hit with any spray."
Good point! And speaking of which, in the eppy where everyone's held hostage, I think it's hilarious when Cat is completely clueless. The part that gets me every time is when Lex does that furious whisper: "Come...here!" Oh! And speaking of Lex, there's an episode in which he says "I may throw up"; I love that line! (I think it's PML?) Great delivery from John Shea.
Talking of Wall of Sound - I crack up every time when Lois is wandering around the Planet forgetting she's still in her rock chick outfit and Perry walks past and says, "Nice outfit, Lois." laugh

Lane Smith could always be relied on for some wonderfully deadpan moments.

LabRat smile
I love the scene when Clark and Lois visit one man in jail and she wears the red top and the short skirt as disguise. The man fell from his chair and Clarks turns to Lois and says. This is an outfit to kill or something like that. I love how she looks after that.
oh man...how could I have forgotten when Lois and Clark "cooked" for Perry and Jerry? Imagining what they were thinking when Lois crawled out of the kitchen...! And then when Clark came through the door and it pretty much fell off and there was a flame on the counter...I was just cracking up!
I always thought it was funny in Ordinary People when Lois is begging Clark to do his Superman thing, and he grabs her and tells her Superman is not there, and asks her "wanna neck?"

Tempus could make me laugh everytime.

Oh! and in the SoulMates episode when Clark asks Lois if she really thinks the telegraph operator outfit will work and I can't remember her reply but it was funny.
Oooo!

One that caught me completely off guard was where Matha tucked a napkin into Superman's suit as they were getting ready for dinner. And Lois was there. And then I giggled harder because no one even mentioned it, Lois didn't look at them odd, nothing.

Yeah, weird thing to get the giggles over, but I found it hi-larious! laugh
These are all so hilarious! I've enjoyed reliving some of the funnest moments in this post.

Okay I know several people have mentioned Season's Greedings and various scenes from it (I loved Martha hauling Clark off by the ear, and Clark dancing and saying Lois is in trouble). But I truly love the scene when Perry is laughing hysterically in his office and asks Superman if he is going to take his rats away. That is just too funny. If the scene wasn't already funny enough, Perry's laugh is enough to get you going. Perry could always make me laugh.

I also love the episodes with the Prankster and Tempus in them. They are usually always good for a laugh. - DUH!
I laughed my whole way through the first season episdoe Rival... it was so full of dry remarks I coudn't help myself...

I loved it when Lois is telling Clark about Linda King and Clark says, "It was a dark day for the Daily Planet when Linda King rode into town... that was soooo funny

When Lois is in the bathroom looking for her braclet in the trash and Linda says, "Lois are you looking for your career?" hahaha

Also when Lois found Perry in Clarks closet and jumped to conclusions after jumping on Clarks bed and watching his expression!!!

Wow!!! that was a great episode!
Any scenes with Tempus are awesome/funny!
So many of the ones already mentioned! But I think the funniest are the ones where Clark is Superman but not being Superman... like when he is on the red-K and flirts with the actress and he says, 'oh I never would have guessed.' And I think it's during That Old Gang of Mine when they go to the look alike agent and 'Superman' walks in chewing gum and wearing a beeper and says, 'Lady, don't ask me to go flying out any windows, okay?' Or during Season's Greedings when they all act like kids... Dean is hilarious when he plays out of character. rotflol
MM, thanks for reviving this thread. smile It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone who has read my fanfic, but the show's humour was the first, and remained one of the biggest, draws of the show for me.

The bit of humour that first hooked me on L&C was the "You like to be on top" line in the pilot. It was what made me realize that L&C was going to be very different from my pre-conceptions of what a Superman show would be like. The ironic thing about my finding that line so funny is that I'm usually not into double entendres. But TH's delivery of the setup lines was so perfect, I felt Lois really deserved it.

I also enjoyed the "He...He...He" line delivered by the woman who saw Clark stop the bus in the pilot. Although she barely had a speaking role, the actress delivered that line brilliantly. It still makes me smile when I watch it.

Joy,
Lynn
I love that scene in the "Return of Prankster" when Clark arrives in the office and finds everyone frozen, Lois in her underwear, and Jimmy wearing her dress. I know it's cheesy, but clap

Yes, thanks, Mozartmaid, for bringing this post back. It got tears in my eyes trying not to laugh at some of those descriptions while reading them on my phone this morning. (Trying not to disturb hubby next to me by laughing too loud. Nothing worse than someone asking "what's so funny?" and knowing they won't get it like you do.)
Originally posted by Kate Todd:
the black-white scenes when clark is a spain dancer and lois is ' me superwife!'
Clark is a Cuban dancer in that part, we know this because it is a spoof of "I Love Lucy" with him playing the part of Ricky, and Ricky is Cuban.

That said, that was one of my most favorite parts of the TV show. I think they did it really good. It captured Clark's fear well.
Someone early on mentioned the scene where Lois pretends to lose her memory. Along the same lines I liked Lois's faking a fight with the ghost at the end of "ghosts" even if it probably came near giving Clark a heart attack. I also liked when Lois puts on the glasses at the start of "Chip off the Old Clark", and Clark says "Lois Lane was hear a second ago, where did she go." It was a sign of how far they had come that he was able to joke about it.
Ok, so the glasses scene is not from "Chip off the Old Clark".

I did have to laugh a whole lot at the whole Superman drilling through the earth scene. What was with that? Considering his observed speeds, I do not think it would have made a difference, and I am unconvinced he would actually get there faster if he has to proactively drill through the earth.
The glasses scene was in "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape". That is an interesting show, it starts out so much on the hilarious side, but goes pretty far over onto the serious side before the end. I still think they should have extended it and cut if off when we see Lois die or about there. Then they could have cut out one of the episodes from the wedding arc.
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Then they could have cut out one of the episodes from the wedding arc.
Only one?
Only one?
Rimshot! Well-played.

One that relies almost entirely on the acting to sell it (and doesn't look so funny on paper), is in "Green, Green Glow" when Lois and Clark are at his parents' house, and Martha mentions showing Lois to her room, unless .... and she trails off to let the implication hang in the air that Lois and Clark might be sharing a room while they stay there. As it sinks in for the two of them, Lois looks mortified and falls all over herself to protest, and Clark looks like he wants to sink through a hole in the floor, and it's just really funny.
Had to comment on three posts...

1. Superman drilling THRU the Earth on COTOC = Kelly laughing hysterically about how to make instant volcanoes that will devastate both Metropolis and whatever the heck the other city was on the 'other' side of the globe (in the middle of the Indian Ocean? Huh??)!! Hello! Magma!! Quickest route of escape!! BOOM! *facepalms*

2. The scene at the end of "Ghosts" cracks me up *every* time because it's actually a blooper that they left in...when Teri is waving the pancake turner around like it's possessed, she accidently splatters Dean with egg - she laughs and says "Oops", you hear Dean laughing (not a Clark laugh, but a full-bodied Dean guffaw) and then he throws the napkin at her from off-camera. rotflol rotflol rotflol

3. Nora, Clark gives Martha a "OMG, MOM...!" look when she's asking about the sleeping arrangements! LOL I loved the wave-off he gives her when she's taking Lois up and looks back at him and mouths "I love her!" It totally says "Mom, you are incorrigable..."

The Spencer Spencer scene with Lois ("Kill me.") was good too laugh

I can't think of any more off the top of my head...Oh!

We all know that one of Tempus' favorite words is "Duh!" when talking about how Clark/Superman disgused himself from Lois and the rest of the world. It cracks me up that *Dean* does the same thing when talking about Clark vs Sups. He said it at the Q&A in March here in St Louis. I'll have to look for it again on the video (yes, it's on YT) to tell you where it is. "Duh!" EDIT: It's here , at about the 18ish minute mark.
Mindy Church in almost anything. Best line: "Couldn't we just...I don't know...Kill him?"
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] Then they could have cut out one of the episodes from the wedding arc.
Only one? [/b]
Well, my plan only added one more episode, so I can't be asking for more. I think they should have never gone over 3 episodes for the wedding arc, but evidently they planned all along to not do the real wedding until October, and had worked out with the comics people to have the L&C wedding and the comics wedding both be in October, so they had to fill a lot of space. Although why they had to have the wedding so soon in the season, I don't know. But I figure I should only suggest cutting from the Aargh what I have recommended replacing elsewhere.

Let me revise my above statement, not only should they have not gone above 3 episodes in the Aargh, they should have had more time after Lois recovers in the last of the episodes.
Superman drilling THRU the Earth on COTOC = Kelly laughing hysterically about how to make instant volcanoes that will devastate both Metropolis and whatever the heck the other city was on the 'other' side of the globe (in the middle of the Indian Ocean? Huh??)!! Hello! Magma!! Quickest route of escape!! BOOM! *facepalms*
Maybe Tanzoria and whatever the other country are are stand ins for India and Pakistan. That would be close to the other side of the world.

This talk of Clark as globe-trotter reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the pilot, when he comes back with the Chinese food from Shanghai Lois says "That was quick"

Clark says "I took a short cut".
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards