Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Good point! And speaking of which, in the eppy where everyone's held hostage, I think it's hilarious when Cat is completely clueless. The part that gets me every time is when Lex does that furious whisper: "Come...here!" Oh! And speaking of Lex, there's an episode in which he says "I may throw up"; I love that line! (I think it's PML?) Great delivery from John Shea.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Talking of Wall of Sound - I crack up every time when Lois is wandering around the Planet forgetting she's still in her rock chick outfit and Perry walks past and says, "Nice outfit, Lois." laugh

Lane Smith could always be relied on for some wonderfully deadpan moments.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Tahu Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I love the scene when Clark and Lois visit one man in jail and she wears the red top and the short skirt as disguise. The man fell from his chair and Clarks turns to Lois and says. This is an outfit to kill or something like that. I love how she looks after that.

M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
oh man...how could I have forgotten when Lois and Clark "cooked" for Perry and Jerry? Imagining what they were thinking when Lois crawled out of the kitchen...! And then when Clark came through the door and it pretty much fell off and there was a flame on the counter...I was just cracking up!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I always thought it was funny in Ordinary People when Lois is begging Clark to do his Superman thing, and he grabs her and tells her Superman is not there, and asks her "wanna neck?"

Tempus could make me laugh everytime.

Oh! and in the SoulMates episode when Clark asks Lois if she really thinks the telegraph operator outfit will work and I can't remember her reply but it was funny.

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooo!

One that caught me completely off guard was where Matha tucked a napkin into Superman's suit as they were getting ready for dinner. And Lois was there. And then I giggled harder because no one even mentioned it, Lois didn't look at them odd, nothing.

Yeah, weird thing to get the giggles over, but I found it hi-larious! laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
These are all so hilarious! I've enjoyed reliving some of the funnest moments in this post.

Okay I know several people have mentioned Season's Greedings and various scenes from it (I loved Martha hauling Clark off by the ear, and Clark dancing and saying Lois is in trouble). But I truly love the scene when Perry is laughing hysterically in his office and asks Superman if he is going to take his rats away. That is just too funny. If the scene wasn't already funny enough, Perry's laugh is enough to get you going. Perry could always make me laugh.

I also love the episodes with the Prankster and Tempus in them. They are usually always good for a laugh. - DUH!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I laughed my whole way through the first season episdoe Rival... it was so full of dry remarks I coudn't help myself...

I loved it when Lois is telling Clark about Linda King and Clark says, "It was a dark day for the Daily Planet when Linda King rode into town... that was soooo funny

When Lois is in the bathroom looking for her braclet in the trash and Linda says, "Lois are you looking for your career?" hahaha

Also when Lois found Perry in Clarks closet and jumped to conclusions after jumping on Clarks bed and watching his expression!!!

Wow!!! that was a great episode!

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
Tez Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Any scenes with Tempus are awesome/funny!

Vin
Top Banana
Top Banana
So many of the ones already mentioned! But I think the funniest are the ones where Clark is Superman but not being Superman... like when he is on the red-K and flirts with the actress and he says, 'oh I never would have guessed.' And I think it's during That Old Gang of Mine when they go to the look alike agent and 'Superman' walks in chewing gum and wearing a beeper and says, 'Lady, don't ask me to go flying out any windows, okay?' Or during Season's Greedings when they all act like kids... Dean is hilarious when he plays out of character. rotflol

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
MM, thanks for reviving this thread. smile It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone who has read my fanfic, but the show's humour was the first, and remained one of the biggest, draws of the show for me.

The bit of humour that first hooked me on L&C was the "You like to be on top" line in the pilot. It was what made me realize that L&C was going to be very different from my pre-conceptions of what a Superman show would be like. The ironic thing about my finding that line so funny is that I'm usually not into double entendres. But TH's delivery of the setup lines was so perfect, I felt Lois really deserved it.

I also enjoyed the "He...He...He" line delivered by the woman who saw Clark stop the bus in the pilot. Although she barely had a speaking role, the actress delivered that line brilliantly. It still makes me smile when I watch it.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love that scene in the "Return of Prankster" when Clark arrives in the office and finds everyone frozen, Lois in her underwear, and Jimmy wearing her dress. I know it's cheesy, but clap

Yes, thanks, Mozartmaid, for bringing this post back. It got tears in my eyes trying not to laugh at some of those descriptions while reading them on my phone this morning. (Trying not to disturb hubby next to me by laughing too loud. Nothing worse than someone asking "what's so funny?" and knowing they won't get it like you do.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Kate Todd:
the black-white scenes when clark is a spain dancer and lois is ' me superwife!'
Clark is a Cuban dancer in that part, we know this because it is a spoof of "I Love Lucy" with him playing the part of Ricky, and Ricky is Cuban.

That said, that was one of my most favorite parts of the TV show. I think they did it really good. It captured Clark's fear well.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Someone early on mentioned the scene where Lois pretends to lose her memory. Along the same lines I liked Lois's faking a fight with the ghost at the end of "ghosts" even if it probably came near giving Clark a heart attack. I also liked when Lois puts on the glasses at the start of "Chip off the Old Clark", and Clark says "Lois Lane was hear a second ago, where did she go." It was a sign of how far they had come that he was able to joke about it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Ok, so the glasses scene is not from "Chip off the Old Clark".

I did have to laugh a whole lot at the whole Superman drilling through the earth scene. What was with that? Considering his observed speeds, I do not think it would have made a difference, and I am unconvinced he would actually get there faster if he has to proactively drill through the earth.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The glasses scene was in "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape". That is an interesting show, it starts out so much on the hilarious side, but goes pretty far over onto the serious side before the end. I still think they should have extended it and cut if off when we see Lois die or about there. Then they could have cut out one of the episodes from the wedding arc.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Then they could have cut out one of the episodes from the wedding arc.
Only one?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Only one?
Rimshot! Well-played.

One that relies almost entirely on the acting to sell it (and doesn't look so funny on paper), is in "Green, Green Glow" when Lois and Clark are at his parents' house, and Martha mentions showing Lois to her room, unless .... and she trails off to let the implication hang in the air that Lois and Clark might be sharing a room while they stay there. As it sinks in for the two of them, Lois looks mortified and falls all over herself to protest, and Clark looks like he wants to sink through a hole in the floor, and it's just really funny.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Had to comment on three posts...

1. Superman drilling THRU the Earth on COTOC = Kelly laughing hysterically about how to make instant volcanoes that will devastate both Metropolis and whatever the heck the other city was on the 'other' side of the globe (in the middle of the Indian Ocean? Huh??)!! Hello! Magma!! Quickest route of escape!! BOOM! *facepalms*

2. The scene at the end of "Ghosts" cracks me up *every* time because it's actually a blooper that they left in...when Teri is waving the pancake turner around like it's possessed, she accidently splatters Dean with egg - she laughs and says "Oops", you hear Dean laughing (not a Clark laugh, but a full-bodied Dean guffaw) and then he throws the napkin at her from off-camera. rotflol rotflol rotflol

3. Nora, Clark gives Martha a "OMG, MOM...!" look when she's asking about the sleeping arrangements! LOL I loved the wave-off he gives her when she's taking Lois up and looks back at him and mouths "I love her!" It totally says "Mom, you are incorrigable..."

The Spencer Spencer scene with Lois ("Kill me.") was good too laugh

I can't think of any more off the top of my head...Oh!

We all know that one of Tempus' favorite words is "Duh!" when talking about how Clark/Superman disgused himself from Lois and the rest of the world. It cracks me up that *Dean* does the same thing when talking about Clark vs Sups. He said it at the Q&A in March here in St Louis. I'll have to look for it again on the video (yes, it's on YT) to tell you where it is. "Duh!" EDIT: It's here , at about the 18ish minute mark.

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Mindy Church in almost anything. Best line: "Couldn't we just...I don't know...Kill him?"

Shallowford
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard