Okie dokie here goes.

[Linked Image]

Go to it, folks!
Jen smile
Posted By: rivka Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/03/03 09:52 PM
I told you not to push THAT BUTTON!!!
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/03/03 09:56 PM
"Oh Lord, this mud is getting a tad more intimate than I want!"

"They told me that mud baths were good for you, but I thought they were supposed to be *warm* mud! This is COLD!"

"Hey buster, move that hand!"
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/03/03 10:02 PM
Keep your hands to yourself, Professor Hamilton! This is *not* a foam party.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/04/03 12:06 AM
Lois: When I said I wanted a bubble bath Professor Hamilton I didn't mean I wanted to have a bubble bath with my clothes on!
Posted By: Caroline McKenna Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/04/03 02:18 AM
Lois: Ya know, some chocolate would taste really good right now.
Posted By: Melisma Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/04/03 05:24 AM
Hey, I'm treading water as fast as I can!

OR

You know, the more we thrash about, the thicker this cream gets...
Posted By: Karen Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/04/03 05:41 AM
Okay! Curiosity satisified. Now I know how it feels to swim in a vanilla milkshake. Now get ME OUT!!!
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/04/03 12:49 PM
hey! when i said it would be okay to make a cement statue of me, i didn't mean i wanted to be in it!

-----

wait a second! this isn't chocolate pudding!

-----

we have to come out now? but we just got all comfortable...

------

clark? you're not coming in? come on! the .. er, water is fine!

------

voice offstage: oh, don't worry. that's not really cement, and those weren't real gangsters. smile, lois. you're on candid camera!

-----

"help, superman!"

radio, off camera: "...and look at that drive! right up the fairway. yes, superman is well in the lead today as we approach the 7th hole in the australian open. and you know, charley, all the proceeds from today's game will be going to the 'save the joeys' campaign. superman's participationn today will go a long way towards preserving our wild kangeroo population..."

-----

evil voice, off camera: no, doctor hamilton, i'm afraid this isn't a spa. those free mud bath coupons were all a sham. you've fallen into one of my deadly traps! i'm only sorry that your lady friend will have to share your fate. oh well, her death is a small price to pay for getting rid of you. you will no longer be a thorn in my side, good doctor, and there are plenty of more attractive and reasonable women out there. your friend does seem to be a little on the aggressive and self-interested side... shame about her hair, too.

----

nope, sorry lois. superman isn't here. i just left a fake clue. that'll teach you to try to cheat at scrabble!

-----

resplendant man, offstage: well, that'll be $37.50 for pulling you out of the cement. if you want me to help clean it off, it'll be an extra $5.75. oh, but it's getting up to your hair now, so it'll be $6.50...

what about the bad guys? there are gangsters out there!

$75 each. oh, and $50 an hour if you want an interview afterwards...
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/05/03 12:35 PM
Okie dokie I think it's time to pick one. They're all great! But I can't resist this one.

"help, superman!"

radio, off camera: "...and look at that drive! right up the fairway. yes, superman is well in the lead today as we approach the 7th hole in the australian open. and you know, charley, all the proceeds from today's game will be going to the 'save the joeys' campaign. superman's participationn today will go a long way towards preserving our wild kangeroo population..."
HAR!
rotflol
You're up, Paul.
Jen
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/05/03 06:20 PM
thanks jen! glad you liked it. smile

also, thanks again to christiane for her great site with all the screencaps.

so, see what you guys can make of this...

[Linked Image]

Paul
Posted By: Caroline McKenna Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/05/03 08:59 PM
Lois: (thinking) Come on, boys, pull the shirt down just a little more. That's right. Now undo the buttons...
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/05/03 10:24 PM
Clark: What is going on here?
Lois: Duh, Clark, it's our kidnapping of the week. Boys, can we get this over with so I can be back in time for The Ivory Tower?

Jen
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/07/03 11:12 AM
Clark: Okay, Lois, maybe throwing that bucket of water at Trask wasn't such a great idea.
Lois: Sorry, but I had no idea that he'd *melt*!

PJ
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/07/03 09:50 PM
ooo. a couple of nice ones here. smile tough call, but jen and caroline just went, so you're up, pam! smile

(somehow, i don't think trask is in kansas anymore... wink )

Paul
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/08/03 08:59 AM
Oh dear, the problem with winning is I have to find another picture... Thank goodness for Christiane!

Okay, guys, see what you can do with this:

[Linked Image]

laugh

PJ
Posted By: MissyG Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/08/03 09:31 AM
"That officer was full of...um, himself. See! I can walk a straight line!"
Posted By: traceylynn Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/08/03 09:44 AM
"Argh, Clark! I must have been half-asleep this morning when I put this outfit on! I mean, why else would I have dressed like this?!"

Tracey smile (who will admit that this particular outfit of Lois's was never a favorite of hers [g])
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/08/03 10:07 AM
Lois: "I got the Prize!"

Clark: "The Pulitzer?"

Lois: "No! ' the Metropolis Red Dress one !"
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/08/03 10:16 AM
"...and so he was all 'la-de-dah, i'm going to take your purse,' but i did this with my knee, which told him very clearly 'i don't think so.'"

------

"can you believe it, clark? perry's sending me off to interview some australian magician. as if there was nothing better i could be doing for him. but, no. i've got my assignment. i'm off to see the wizard, 'the wonderful wizard of oz.' <sigh> ... hey, think he'll like my red shoes?"

------

"i just saw 'the karate kid' again, clark, and i can't believe the stupid stuff they pulled. there's no such thing as a crane kick. it makes no sense. i mean, there is a crane stance. that goes like this... ack! help, clark! i forgot! you can't do the crane stance while wearing a skirt! i'm going to fall over!"

-------

clark's thoughts: i have no idea what lois is ranting about this time but hey, check out those legs!

-------

"he's going to do what to my hair? okay, that's it! no more! i am through with this story. i'm just walking right off the page. tank can very well write it with out me, if that's what he wants to do."

-------

clones and frogs and schemes to replace the president and amnesia and... that's it, clark. we're going to vegas!
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/08/03 10:57 PM
Lois (singing): I got the music in me. I got the music in me. I got the music in me. Aaaah!

Lois teeters on her heels as she dances.

Clark: Well, you might have the music, but you definately *don't* have the rhythm.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 04:33 AM
ROFL -- you guys are too funny smile It's very hard to choose, but I think I'll go with Alicia smile You're up next!

PJ
Posted By: Trenna Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 09:12 AM
Nothing to do with captions, but do you suppose that outfit of Clark's is from wardrobe wink or did he just drive in and run on the set
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 11:29 AM
Thanks, Pam!

Okay, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys do with this one smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rivka Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 12:37 PM
No, Lois, DON'T DO IT! Don't kill the ficus!
Posted By: Caroline McKenna Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 01:17 PM
Superman: (thinking) Ladeeda I'm looking up to avoid looking at Lois' legs so I can control my self... Oh my gosh did that ficus scream?
Posted By: MissyG Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 02:16 PM
"I swear, I'm going to kill the ficus if you don't stop singing Clark!"
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 10:40 PM
Lois: See, Clark? Pruning isn't as hard as it lo--...oops.
Clark: Give me strength, God.

Jen
Posted By: RL Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/09/03 11:16 PM
Clark: Oh hi, Lois! Whoops. I didn't expect to see that side of you. blush
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/10/03 12:44 PM
Okay, I guess I should decide.

When I picked this picture I didn't even think of the bush Lois was cutting. I thought Clark looked like he was singing.

But all of the responses were really funny. But I have to chose the one that had Clark singing ...

So, Missy, you're up. laugh
Posted By: MissyG Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/10/03 01:07 PM
Oh yay!! I finally got one! hyper

See what you can come with for this: [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tank Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/10/03 01:45 PM
Lois: Who ever thought that Macy's would do an anatomically correct balloon of Superman.

Tank (who doesn't do photos but couldn't resist this one)
Posted By: RL Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/10/03 02:00 PM
Lois: Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!

Clark: Huh?
Posted By: rivka Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/10/03 03:09 PM
(Sorry, I just can't resist. wink ) Oh NO! Rivka wrote another TE! RUN!
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/10/03 08:32 PM
"honey, have you heard from the bakery about the wedding cake?"

"yeah. they said they'd be sending it airmail. should be here any moment. ... hey, do you hear something?"

-----

"oh, finally, clark! we're going to our wedding!"

voice from on high: "i'm sorry to tell you guys, but it won't be that easy. you have another 200 pages of angst to go..."

-----

lex, shouting down from his balcony: "ah, lois. right on time. there's something i need to tell you, though: i've changed my mind. you're too stubborn. i'm going to marry mindy here, instead. she seems far more agreeable, don't you think?"

-----

"hey, look! a skywriter! wonder what he's writing... L - O - I - S ... I ... H - A - V - E ... Y - O - U - R ... F - I - S - H ... C - A -T - C - H ... U - S ... I - F ... Y - O - U ... C - A - N ... K - Y - L - E ... clark! the prankster kidnapped my fish on our wedding day! wow, he must be getting desperate..."

-----

"clark, look! we're on the big metro square TV screen! and... ack! the camera is looking down the front of my dress!"

-----

"OMG! lex just jumped off the balcony! he's going to kill himself rather than be taken in by the cops! ... wow, did he just do a triple backflip? ... whoa, and where'd that hang glider come from? i didn't think it could fit under his tux jacket like that..."

-----

shouted from a nearby pedestrian bridge: "lois, wait! don't marry him! i was a fool to go after lynda! take me back! marry me!"

lois, incredulous: "paul?!"

<and no, i don't mean me. :p >

-----

shouted down from a hotel window: "OMG! there you are! i've been looking all over for you! you're in a wedding dress?! oh no! don't marry him! i'm sorry! i should never have said it! forgive me! give me another chance! i need you! i love you! i ... wait, you're not sally!"

-----

"got the ring?"

"check."

"got your tux?"

"being delivered. be here in a few minutes."

"my parents?"

"inside, being distracted by my parents."

"jimmy?"

"ready."

"perry?"

"uhm... i don't know. he said he'd be here, but i haven't heard from him in a while."

"where could he be? what could ... wait, what's that shouting? OMG! i didn't know perry was one of the flying elvises!
Posted By: Eccentric Musician Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/12/03 02:25 PM
Clark: Think he's gonna jump?

Lois: Nah, he won't jump.

Clark: I think he will.

Lois: No, he's just trying to have a plausible reason to plead insanity. That way, he can get life instead and eventually break out of prison by replacing himself with a clone.

Clark: Well, I--

SPLAT!!!

Lois: ::mutters:: I hate it when he's right.... grumble
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/12/03 04:06 PM
Anni, that's hysterical! smile1
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/12/03 06:08 PM
HAR!

I need to spin-off Anni's just for fun

Lois: There's NO WAY he's going to jump.
Clark: Lois, he HAS to jump. You're supposed to get kidnapped and replaced by a clone in another season and a half.
Lois: Yeah right, tell me another one.
Clark: Look, it's right here in the script. (he holds up a copy)
Lois: (blinks and takes a quick read-through) Oh. Well then. Um, Lex can you hurry up and jump? Nothing personal, but The Ivory Tower starts in five.
Posted By: MissyG Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/13/03 03:33 PM
Guess I need to choose... since Tank doesn't do pictures I'll pick Anni's -- very funny, all of you!! smile1

Missy
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/17/03 11:11 PM
well, it's been a few days, and no new pic from anni. so, if she's around, she still gets to do the next one, but in the meantime, here's one to play with (thanks, jen, for helping me narrow things down smile ).

[Linked Image]

Paul
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/17/03 11:14 PM
Oh boy...let's see if inspiration strikes me here...

*2 minutes later, I'm still tapping my fingers*
Okay

Superman: 10 more push-ups, pick up the pace, slacker! You can't expect to join the Marines in this shape! 1! 2! 3! 4!...

Jen
Posted By: Saskia Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/17/03 11:41 PM
Superman: "So now you know how to keep your balance. If I throw you in the sky now, you can float back. Bye!" (throws man in air and flies off)

Saskia
Posted By: daneel Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/18/03 12:04 AM
Superman: "I told you not to jump. You're no Krytonian and you can't fly. Now I have to unglue you from the floor."

Jose wave
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/18/03 02:00 AM
Guy on the floor (through chattering teeth): Thanks for cooling me off, but isn't freezing a bit radical?

Superman: Got you. Just lay there for ten minutes. With the heatwave, defrosting shouldn't take long. (whooshing off)
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/18/03 03:55 AM
Superman: "There's this sport I've heard of from Scotland. It's called 'tossing the caber', I think. Dunno what a 'caber' is, but you look about the right shape and size... so here goes!"

Wendy smile
Posted By: Jalmg16 Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/18/03 05:39 AM
Superman: "Mr. Wilson said you've been making fun of Ms. Lane's haircut so he sent me here to give you a super-wedgie. Nothing personal."
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/18/03 11:43 AM
you know what? since this one is just a placeholder until the current winner comes back to post again, i think i'll toss in a few captions...

----

"now, there were ten bank robbers. i knocked down eight of them with the last security guard. you ready? i'm going for the spare..."

----

(superman, singing to himself as he dives) "contact is the reason, is the moment, when everything happens. contact is the action is the ... 3, 2, 1... GOTCHA!"

----

"whew! caught you! where did you come from, anyway? you just dropped right out of the sky! wait a sec... why does your uniform say 'California HIway Patrol'?"

----

"don't worry, sir. i can help you up. it'll be no... whoa! you're heavy! what do you have, lead-lined pants or something? wow, i can barely lift you up. and let me tell you, i've lifted space ships into orbit. you've got to lose some weight, man."

"wha... but i..."

"april fools!"

----

"okay, i've got you! hands in the air!"

"what? but you knocked me down! how am i supposed to put my hands in the air now?"

"don't talk back to me, criminal!"

"but i'm the security guard! the guys in the black masks over there are the criminals!"

"oh... uh, right. sorry. been a long day..."
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/20/03 10:30 PM
hmm. well, captions seem to have dried up on this one, and anni isn't showing any sign of returning. maybe she's on vacation. i said i wasn't going to pick a winner for this one, and, truth to tell, i don't really want to pick just one. sas's looked right for the pic, but wendy's was unexpected and... well, anyway... who wants to post the next one?

we can just start the chain again. someone post a pic and then choose a winner and we'll take it from there.

Paul
Posted By: Trenna Re: Caption Competition VII - 07/20/03 10:39 PM
Since no one's posted yet, I had to add

Superman: " Now you have to extend one arm forward" *why did I say I'd teach this guy how to fly?*
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards