Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#99196 02/14/14 12:36 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thoughts are always appreciated smile1 I hope you had as much fun with the Unreliable Narrator as I had. Okay, after 3 years, ‘fun’ might not be the exactly right word, but still…

Vignette

Thanks!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#99197 02/14/14 12:50 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You got me: hook, line, and sinker. clap

I did think an occasional line (e.g., about a man having his pride, or about the jailer beginning to be obese) seemed slightly "off" for Clark, but nothing was amiss enough to make me rethink who the narrator might be. The surprise ending worked perfectly.

I hope we won't have to wait years for another Darth Michael vignette.

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

#99198 02/14/14 02:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto. I thought it was Clark/Superman in the Kryptocage. Good stuff. Write more often.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#99199 02/14/14 04:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You completely fooled me! 😯

I just fell into the trap, thinking it was Superman who was a prisoner in his kryptonite cage, waiting for Lex and Lois wedding. 😕

When the last paragraph, the scales fell from my eyes and I had to re-read the whole story, tuned to the idea that Luthor was who was in prison. 🙊

Excellent twist of history and excellent how you raised the situation

You got my curiosity raised and now I will look into the files not only for She's stories, but yours 😉

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#99200 02/14/14 06:01 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome-tricky-creative! thumbsup

It would take a LOT of planning to coordinate everything to fit together like it did--very impressive laugh

Really enjoyed it!
Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99201 02/14/14 06:07 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael! hyper

I started to wonder about the paragraph regarding "crush" but then it fit so well with self-loathing Clark. I have to admit I skimmed over "obese" the first time and caught it the second.

How very evil of you! Excellent work on the bait and switch. You had me fooled. I, too, needed to read it again before coming to comment. notworthy

Lots of fun. You should do this every year! (Write a story, that is.) Welcome back!

Chelo wrote:
You got my curiosity raised and now I will look into the files not only for She's stories, but yours
Michael has some very wonderful stories on the dark side. Even one or two which are completed. laugh peep /Just joking. I think he only has that one uncompleted one. Nudge, nudge, nudge, Michael./ (There's a great one set during HiM about playing games...)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99202 02/15/14 02:30 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Dude, you are tricky. Remind me never to buy any bridges from you. You're not of Sicilian ancestry, are you? And you don't have six fingers on one hand, I hope?

All kidding aside, that was an excellent story. Like the others, you had me fooled up to the reveal. I really thought this was an embittered, desolate Clark sitting in some cell with no sunlight to speak of, waiting for Luthor to come and gloat at him some more.

But it wasn't. And you pulled it off. Congratulations, sir! This will be nomination-worthy a year from now.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#99203 02/15/14 06:53 AM
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
clap

#99204 02/15/14 07:12 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
You tricky thing. rotflol

KateB
#99205 02/15/14 09:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great twist ending! Like everyone else, I totally thought it was Clark locked away in the kryptonite cage - then you do a 180 and let us know it's Lex! Well played.

BTW, why does Lex get a presidential pardon? Has he bought off the president too?

#99206 02/15/14 10:40 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oooh boy, Lex is out of jail! Look out Lois and Clark.

Nicely done.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#99207 02/15/14 10:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooooh! Lots of yummy goodness smile1
I naturally assumed it was Clark as Superman stuck in his kryptonite cage--
[Linked Image]
-but will admit that I got a little confused when I got to the line... [unfortunate mishap with the evil writer's memory]
hyper There’s a reason — besides procrastinating — that this thing took 3 years to see the light of day. The other’s waiting for Valentine’s Day to come around again, of course. And then missing the deadline. Rinse and repeat laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#99208 02/15/14 10:54 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virignia! You’ve made it! wave Michael

#99209 02/15/14 11:07 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I posted:
-but will admit that I got a little confused when I got to the line... [unfortunate mishap with my memory]
Michael posted:
Oh dear. Yes. I…Umm… I blame Virginia for that one. It is fixed now. Thank you for pointing it out.
No problem--I actually debated a bit before bringing it up, trying to remember if I was forgetting something in the storyline blush ...

Really creative story, Michael--very impressive work! thumbsup

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99210 02/15/14 02:04 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Michael!

It's about frickin' time you posted this! I've only been watching and waiting for about a year now. :p

I admit, the first time I read this, I blithely assumed it was Clark. All the other times I read it, even knowing that it was Lex, I'd still have to admire how skillfully you dodged around the reveal.

Well done, sir. Well done! clap

Now, I believe the conversation has turned towards getting to you to finish an nfic...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#99211 02/15/14 02:37 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to admit I was totally fooled by the story. I should have seen the vying against Superman lines for what they really were. Also Lois not choosing him or Superman makes more sense if it is Luthor thinking it. However, everything could be fit to apply to Clark, so I did. That was a good story.

John Pack Lambert
#99212 02/17/14 11:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! More goodies! hyper

Hi Laura!
No problem--I actually debated a bit before bringing it up, trying to remember if I was forgetting something in the storyline [Embarrassed] ...
Thanks so much for going through with mentioning it!
Really creative story, Michael--very impressive work!
hyper
It's about frickin' time you posted this! I've only been watching and waiting for about a year now. [Razz]
[Linked Image]
All the other times I read it, even knowing that it was Lex, I'd still have to admire how skillfully you dodged around the reveal.
[Linked Image]
Well done, sir. Well done! [Clap]
Thank you so very much!
Now, I believe the conversation has turned towards getting to you to finish an nfic...
Oh boy.

Hello John!
I have to admit I was totally fooled by the story.
hyper

wave Michael

#99213 02/17/14 05:22 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! wave

I wish that I could say it is because of the cage I’m in, locked away like a mangy beast.
Mangy? clap

What a fun little tale. I, for one, enjoy a well-done unreliable narrator/bait and switch. Nicely handled!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#99214 02/18/14 03:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ingeborg said:
It was fun the way you used memories that would work for both Clark and Lex.
Sue S. said:
I <...> admire how skillfully you dodged around the reveal.
I agree. You did an excellent job of picking the perfect scenes to keep up the illusion.

Lynn S. M. said
an occasional line <...> seemed slightly "off" for Clark
Deadly Chakram said
Now, that doesn't seem too Clark-like...
I got a tip-off that this wasn't Clark, not really because of what he said, but how he said it. However, short of telling the story in 3rd person, I really don't see how you could have gotten around that. Too Clark-like in his speech and I wouldn't believe the reveal at the end; too Lex-like and it won't sound like Clark. It must have been difficult for you to find the right balance. I think you did an excellent job!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#99215 02/23/14 12:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! More FDK! hyper Sorry that it took a couple of days longer than I'd have liked.

Hi DC!
Sounds like Clark's predicament, but mangy? I guess lack of heat vision and a mirror does have drawbacks.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard