Print Thread
#96409 07/12/13 01:19 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
OMG, Queen of Capes, that was awesome!!

I love that he was able to stabilize the triangle issue into a "stable" (for a person with issues) relationship. I guess that's ONE way for her to have a healthy relationship in an unhealthy situation. Whether or not that's a good thing... *bobs head from side to side* depends on your viewpoint.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#96410 07/12/13 02:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap LOL... well, that is ONE way to deal with the triangle! Would like to see this in a longer fic, and how things develop if she became intimate with Clark or Superman... *prod, prod* wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96411 07/12/13 05:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, you evil, evil girl. I love it!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#96412 07/12/13 08:33 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
rotflol rotflol

I'd like to see this backfire. Sooner or later she'll find out. Would her "stable" relationships with Clark and Superman still work once she realized that they're the same guy? Or what would happen if her therapy was successful and she decided to break up with one of them? Or what if she went to bed with Clark and woke up with Superman? What if he forgot who he was supposed to be the next morning?

This certainly works as a great short, but it could also be the jumping off point for a longer comedy of errors.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96413 07/12/13 08:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, Queenie, you've done the ultimate anti-reveal fic. Brava! clap notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96414 07/12/13 09:33 AM
Kerth
Kerth
notworthy That was hilarious! Didn't see it coming at all... That's certainly a new way to handle the issue... Loved it and I would definitely read a sequel/expanded piece. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#96415 07/12/13 10:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, guys. I'm so glad you enjoyed. smile

Would like to see this in a longer fic, and how things develop if she became intimate with Clark or Superman... *prod, prod*
This certainly works as a great short, but it could also be the jumping off point for a longer comedy of errors.
Loved it and I would definitely read a sequel/expanded piece.
Uh.... eek

*Starts dialing Bobbart's number*

laugh

(Personally, I keep thinking that SL&V just became a stickier wicket. evil )

~•~
#96416 07/12/13 05:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Once again I'm awed at how you manage to work total hilarity into a snappy one-page vignette.

That was great! rotflol

#96417 07/12/13 06:49 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
grumble he should have still told her.

John Pack Lambert
#96418 07/13/13 01:03 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
You know the more I think about this little vignette the more I think Lois actually knows and has decided to keep it a secret with the idea that she'd have more fun with "two people" than just Clark/Superman (one man with a secret identity.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#96419 07/13/13 05:32 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Christina:
You know the more I think about this little vignette the more I think Lois actually knows and has decided to keep it a secret with the idea that she'd have more fun with "two people" than just Clark/Superman (one man with a secret identity.)
Maybe she really knows, and made the whole "disorder" story up just to test what about of crazy things Clark will let her get away with.

John Pack Lambert
#96420 07/13/13 07:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was delightful. clap Your reign as the queen of the funny short continues. notworthy

As for this:
*Starts dialing Bobbart's number*
I had to laugh. When I finished the story my first thought was that I needed to drop you a note. However, once I got thinking about the story, I realized that every idea I had would lead to a place at the crossroads of Anxiety Drive and Tragedy Blvd. I did have one idea for a very short follow-on, but I don't think it would improve what you already have.

Anyway, thanks for the smile.
Bob

#96421 07/13/13 09:12 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!

Unfaithful 1/1
So, Lois is going to cheat on Clark in a humorous fashion? Or is Clark going to cheat on Lois and die in a humorous fashion? Or is it just about an unfaithful portrayal of Superman in the media?

They'd agreed to meet at seven, and today was definitely not a good day to be late, given what they needed to discuss. He straightened his tie, hoping that he didn't still smell like smoke.
Oooh! He going to come clean to her about his disappearing habit? You know, that he’s always stepping outside for a smoke. And since he’s already smelling of smoke… Hmm…that could actually be a fun challenge wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard