OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina. wave

#87348 06/15/12 02:46 PM
Kerth
Kerth
shock shock jawdrop

^Those graemlins don't seem serious enough to represent how shocked I am at what has just happened.

Wow. I just... wow. I don't know what to say. Lana? But... but... where is she? And Clark has *no* alibi whatsoever. Oh, this is bad. This is very very bad. How did this happen? *How* can you possibly get him out of this disastrous mess in the next 13 chapters?! My mind is spinning out of control right now with all the emotional turmoil... I'm almost scared to keep reading- but of course I will. Because I'm just twisted like that. wink

Please, please *PLEASE* update soon!!!! I'm dying here.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87349 06/15/12 03:08 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Corrina is back with a story! dance Great beginning, but not good for Clark eek I can't wait to see how you will resolve it. notworthy

KateB
#87350 06/15/12 03:27 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark is stupid! He should have went to Lois's as Clark and talked with her. Not as Superman.

Lois is going to be heartbroken!(well my assumption anways) and probably really angry.

Lana is a nutcase! I really can't wait to see Lois and Lana go at it, I really kind of hope they do, it would be fun to see.

Looking forward to more!! Post Soon!

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
#87351 06/15/12 04:21 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Mayson.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87352 06/15/12 05:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! I don't know what to say about this one. Poor Mason! it would have been nice if she at least knew he wasn't lying and he was Superman before she died. I see Lois doesn't seem to have a crush on Superman in this. Lana is mentally ill and probably killed Mason. She needs to be locked up. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#87353 06/15/12 05:51 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my goodness! It only took Corrina 2 episodes to get Clark into such a pickle that it will take a minor miracle to get him back out of this mess. And to think , I thought that the virgin-birth baby was a problem.

So, where do we go from here? Poor Mayson! She is a pest and not a favorite of mine, but dead in her own blood is not my way to get her out of the picture that I was imagining. Hmmmmm! Well, guess I'll just have to read it to see where this is going. Sounds like everyone in this story is having problems that won't disappear easily.

Happy writing, Corrina. You may have dug a deeper ditch than you thought originally, but I'm sure you will be able to pull this all together and put the "happily ever after" back into the ending.

Pat

#87354 06/15/12 06:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, dear! Corrina isn't playing nicely. She's already broken one toy, and she's holding another over the nursery fireplace. Whatever shall we do with her?

Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#87355 06/15/12 06:50 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
As bad as it looks for Clark we all know it is going to get worse.

From the show we know Mayson kept a diary.
"Resurrection" (Season 2 episode 17)
"What are you talking about?" Scardino pulls the diary from his jacket. "Mayson's diary. Pretty steamy stuff. Read like an Emily Bronte novel."
I rather expect that all Lana's raving is already written down in detail in Mayson's diary.

If it hasn't already happen the police will find the pregnant Lana Lang, DEAD.

It seems to me quick likely her body will be
in a never-used boiler room in the basement of the building
Someone will review the diary and connect the dead body in the basement of Clark's apartment building with him.

Framework4
#87356 06/15/12 09:24 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG! I didn't see that coming! It just keeps getting worse for poor Clark! If only he had an alibi!

Can't wait to see how you play this out. Will he come clean to Lois and tell her CK=S so she can come up with an alibi? Desperate times for poor Clark! frown

How I do hope your posting schedule is every other day rather than once a week! Hint, hint, hint! LOL

Great work!

thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

#87357 06/16/12 02:47 AM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Great save, Corrina! Life in prison for a crime he didn't commit has got to be better than living with crazy Lana... Isn't it? devil

Lonnie

#87358 06/16/12 02:54 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Wow, what accusation is next? Not Clark = Superman, for that would solve the problem of Mayson's death quite nicely - but fuel Lana's allegations (as he could have flown to her any time he wanted). Ah, what a wicked web you weave.

Personally, I'd say that Clark did at least one sensible thing in talking to his parents. (Well, two, if you count him removing his super suits from the hidden compartment. Because I really think that Lana does not know Clark is Superman, and that her choice of words (high-flying reporter) is totally innocuous.) The other thing I would have expected of him was that he turns up at Lois's place (as Clark) and asks her if he can spend the night on her couch because he has a crazy ex-girlfriend in his apartment. After all, even Lois' couch should beat having to spend the night in the same place as Lana, or so I figure.

Just... what horrible super-power does Lana possess that she can manipulate people the way she does and probably even get Lana killed without moving out of Clark's apartment? Telepathy/telekinesis in combination? wink

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#87359 06/16/12 08:12 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yikes!! Clark is in quite a pickle, isn't he?!

After reading the title and the first chapter, I thought the accusation would be about Lana's baby. I should have known there would be much more to it than that in one of Corrina's stories!

Supers could always be Clark's alibi by saying that he ran into Clark and they chatted while Clark told him of Lana's bombshell. Then he could say that he flew Clark out to Smallville to seek advice from his folks. Nobody would question Superman as an alibi. That would free up Superman (and Clark) to investigate Mayson's murder. Of course, that leaves Lana's whereabouts. I don't think she did it, but I do think she's with the murderer. I have a hunch about what might be going on, but I am hesitant to say anything yet.

I eagerly await the next installment!

Mel

~Mel~
#87360 06/16/12 08:32 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
WOW! hyper hyper hyper

And thank you: you are a fantastic writer.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87361 06/16/12 12:57 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
We just thought we knew what the title referred to.

Wow.

How is Mayson's body still in Clark's apartment building? I got the distinct impression that Clark watched Mayson leave before he went back to the bad place with the crazy lady. If someone had killed her then, surely he would have heard the tussle.

If Mayson left and came back, then where's Lana? Did Mayson come back to tell Clark that she believed him about not being the baby daddy? Did crazy Lana become killer Lana? Was someone else gunning for Clark and just found Mayson there? Did someone follow Mayson and clip her in Clark's building, or was she taken there under duress and killed there? Who is the real target? And how will Lois react to this soap opera setup?

So many possibilities, so few chapters, so little Thorazine for Lana. Come back here quick! This may be the best/worst cliffhanger in L&C fanfic history! (Can we say new Kerth category?)

ETA: Just re-read the last part and realized that Mayson's body is at the foot of the steps inside Clark's apartment. No wonder Wolfe and Henderson want to talk to him. But I ask myself again, where's Lana?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#87362 06/16/12 01:06 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Son of a freeloader! Now I wonder if the REAL baby daddy is involved in this? Maybe he showed up and was arguing with Lana when Mayson came back, heard the fight, and charged in thinking that Lana was fighting with Clark. Before she could explain who she was and why she was there, the guy killed her (maybe not on purpose, but she's still dead) and dragged Lana away with him. Or, maybe Mystery Baby Daddy did recognize Mayson and that's why he whacked her. How am I doing?

Or maybe I've been reading too many mystery novels.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#87363 06/16/12 08:07 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ahhh!
ok, now i know i can't read this until it is finished.

hope i can restrain myself now when there is a new post!

#87364 06/17/12 05:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yikes!

I'm with Sarahg on this one!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87365 06/17/12 10:33 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Michael, mind if I borrow your phrase?

Oh boy. Oh boy! OH boy! OH BOY! jawdrop thud

That about sums it up.

I really hope part three will be posted soon.

Joy,
Lynn

#87366 06/17/12 12:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow, I totally did not expect that! Like others have mentioned, I thought the (only) accusation was of paternity; I wasn't expecting a murder! Yikes.

It raises some interesting possibilities. If Clark is taken into custody, that pretty much puts Superman out of commission. What will he do? Will Clark go into hiding? Turn himself in? Use Superman as an alibi? Try to get Lois to help him? I'm *hoping* he tells Lois his secret, but I have no idea if he will or not. And what about Lana? (All rhetorical questions, not requests for spoilers.)

I half expected Lana to be lying about being pregnant. Now that I know she really is with child, I'm even more concerned about her whereabouts and her mental state of mind.

You have definitely got me hooked on this story. I cannot wait to read more. Soon, please! wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard