Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for reading.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it!! hyper

Oh, and btw, I love your tagline:
"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Where'd this quote come from?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Blogger
Blogger
WOW, QueenOfAces,

What a great ending to a perfect story. I've been waiting for it for a while. laugh

I loved how jealous Lois was in this story. In my opinion, the show didn't really explore this emotion as much as they could have (and should have). In the show, it seemed that, with few exceptions, Clark was the one always trying to get Lois to pay attention to him, always him being the one thinking he's going to lose her for one reason or another. So I loved how you turned the table on her this time. Fantastic job!

I'm certainly waiting for an epilogue as well.

P.S. I agree with Mozartmaid. I also love your tagline. Every time I read it, I keep laughing and thinking how true it is. I also mentioned it to a roommate of mine, referencing you and this site. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww sigh... happy endings. I love them. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Very sweet ending. smile I like how you brought it around to the "This isn't dancing" line at the end of the episode, only having Clark say it instead of Superman. Nice low drama revelation, too. thumbsup And, of course, a nice romantic end to the story.

Though epilogues are always great, I'm not sure what you'd include in yours -- you wrapped it up very nicely at the end, and it doesn't feel like their reunion was incomplete. Unless ... maybe Mayson's reaction to L&C becoming a couple? (Always a favorite of mine. wink ) Beyond that, I'm not sure what else there is to add, but I'm betting you have an idea in mind or you wouldn't have mentioned it. smile

Oh, and as an aside, I caught one minor thing you did in your dialogue that the editor in me had to mention (especially since I did the exact same thing when I first started writing fanfic smile ):

“Clark…,” she entreated him, shaking her head.
I'm sure your GE would have caught this when you submit it to the Archive -- you will be submitting this, right?? -- but just so you know, you don't need a comma after ellipses in dialogue like this. It's double punctuation. Just leave the ellipses where they are and remove the commas. smile

Glad you stuck with the story and shared your efforts with us!

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part (and I love your tag line too!)

Also loved the whole "this isn't dancing part"!

smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Brava!

Ditto re: the "This isn't dancing" line.

I'm game for an epilogue. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked the bits when she was asking about all the times he loved her.

She pressed her lips to his ear and whispered, “And when I was high on the pheromone?”

He closed his eyes, “God, yes.”
That was a great line!

Blogger
Blogger
I love the ending of this.

Favorite quote.. "This isn't dancing"

Favorite part... When she finally admits that she loves him.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Smooth!!! So glad you were able to finish your story. Enjoyed it very much. So romantic in part 3; lovely ending. love

EvelynC
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Wait a minute! Lois gets to curse him, kiss him and keep him. That aint fair.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sorry for the late reply to your feedback. I've been out of town for a family Halloween celebration.

Also, since it was mentioned in so many responses, I thought I'd give an explanation of my signature here. It's not really a quotation, but I thought it looked more interesting that way. Those statements actually came out of a conversation I had with my grad school boyfriend. We were talking about our general frustrations about the opposite sex, and that "quotation" is the result. I've been using it as my signature ever since. I'm glad to know that it resonates with people. smile

mozartmaid: Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the ending. The line you mentioned was one of my favorite ideas, though I'm still not entirely happy with the phrasing. I'll get to writing that epilogue when I get a chance. Thanks again.

True Love: Sorry about the wait...glad to hear that it was worth it, at least! Sometimes the muse is cooperative...sometimes, not so much.

I agree with you about jealous Lois. Though they did explore the theme on several occasions (Cat, Toni Taylor, Linda King, Mayson Drake), Lois was always able to resolve it quickly. I wanted to explore the theme in more depth without giving Lois the opportunity to brush off her jealousy.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. I'll get to work on the epilogue when I get a chance.

Laurach: I'm a sucker for WAFFy endings as well. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

KathyB: I learn something new every day. I'm not really new to the fanfic game, though. I've written several stories for other fandoms over the past few years, and I've also penned a couple of nfics on this board. My goal is always to improve, however, so I appreciate your constructive criticism.

I'm glad that the "This isn't dancing" reference seemed to work. I wanted to keep the basic framework of the episode, but explore it in a different way. I wasn't really interested in creating a whole lot of angst, but I hope that the low anxiety ending seemed true to the characters.

I know that the ending stands well on its own, but I got a fun little idea that will tie up some loose ends. Not sure when I'll have time to write this week...we'll see.

I've never tried to submit a story to the archives, but I'm assuming the process is not that hard. I definitely would like to have this one posted there one day, though.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm a big fan of your work, so I consider it an honor.

DW: I always loved that line, but I wanted Clark to say it, not Lois. I never understood why Clark didn't go to her apartment after the ball rather than Superman. So, I took the liberty of changing that little detail. Thanks for responding!

Lynn S. M.: Thanks for reading! I'll get to work on that epilogue as soon as I can.

IolantheAlias: Aw..I'm glad you picked out that part. It was one of my favorites in the story. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Plain Jane: I'm so glad that both of those choices seemed to work well. Thank you for all of the comments you have left on this story. I greatly appreciate it.

EvelynC: I'm glad I was able to finish it as well. I hate leaving stories up in the air. I was definitely attempting to create a romantic little story here, so I'm happy it worked. Thanks for the support and the comments.

SJH: Hey...some girls have all the luck! wink

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, looks like I'm a tad late for the party blush

“May I cut in?”

Mayson, she thought as her heart sank. Lois looked to Clark, hoping that he would send the blonde DA away.

With no such refusal forthcoming, Lois mustered her most gracious façade. “Of course not,” she replied, stepping out of the way. She would do what was best for Clark because she loved him.
Now that Mayson's exonerated even to Lois, she must feel really defeated. After all, as long as Mayson was a crook, all Lois had to do was to prove to Clark that Mayson's a bad apple. But now, all she can do is fight fair (or not so fair) or just accept the inevitable. Huh, suddenly I'm reminded of a certain visit to Centennial Park a view months earlier.

“Just a minute,” she managed, scrubbing at her eyes to remove the evidence of her tears. “Clark,” she said in surprise. “What are you doing here? I thought…I mean….”
Huh, Clark's here? That's a new one. Wonder how things are going to play out.

She saw just a trace of some unidentified emotion cross his visage before he returned her smile in earnest. “This isn’t dancing,” he ventured.

“It’s not?” she asked, wondering where he was going with this conversation.

“No, this is dancing,” he told her, gravity disappearing at his command.
Now, would you look at that laugh

“I see,” she managed, the implication making her a bit dizzy. “Is that your only secret?”

“No.”

“No?” she asked wide-eyed.

Seeming to sense her fear, he replied soothingly. “I have only lied to you intentionally about one thing, Lois, but there are some facets of my life that you don’t know about yet.”

“Like what?” she asked, her curiosity piqued.

“Oh, no,” he said, smiling as he warned her off. “You’re going to have to do a lot more research if you want to find out those details.”
Research, huh...?
and I've also penned a couple of nfics on this board.
Hmm... clap
“I love you, Lois,” he told her earnestly.

“I love you, too, Clark. Always.”
Awwww

Sweet ending, befitting the rest of the story clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard