Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
whinging

Meanwhile, I loved the introspection at the beginning on Lois' furious walk home, and I laughed when the neighbors heard her scream.

More soon! Or else!
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Lois...

Funny and blase neighbors! goofy

Lucy! eek

Time for someone to call for Superman.... <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Help Superman HELP!!! help

More please

Meni wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Help Superman HELP!!!
Ditto!! LOL! help

You are really evil

Great stuff..can't wait for MORE!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA!

primal Scream 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHHAHHAHHHHHHHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

primal scream 2

Those poor neighbors lol. Ok what a place to leave us hanging. And now Lois has to scream SUUUPPPERRRMMMAAANNN! like it or not . You are evil . Laura evil

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great cliffhanger!!

I love that part.

But now...

POST MORE SOON!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Caroline,
great part
ditto others
more soon please
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
YOU MUST POST THE NEXT PART IMMEDIATELY! Like later tonite.. If you don't, then I'll be really bummed! I wanna know what happens!!! *cries & screams like a little kid* That's an evil place to stop! grumble

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A good, if somewhat short instalment.

I liked Lois trying to explain her problem with Clark to Lucy without really telling her what it was. It was vintage Lois.

A good place to end the part. A nice cliffhanger. An implied wham with fear and worry on Lois' part.

Tank (who is gratified that the useful art of the cliffhanger ending hasn't been lost on the newer generation of gentle writers)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor Lucy.... eek

Gee....does Lois know anyone that might be able to save her wink

Can't wait for more! smile1

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Caroline

A great part! thumbsup

I love Lois's introspection. Her conversation with Lucy is extremely well-written. clap

But what a place to stop! dizzy

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Very nice, Caroline. It was funny, sweet, and then... grrrr cliffhanger (not great cliffhanger, grrr cliffhanger) wink

And now she's like to grab those sensuous lips of his, wrap them around his neck and strangle him with them.
LOL! laugh I would actually like to see her try to do that! (I think you have a typo here -- she's should be she'd)

But damn him, he had succeeded – she couldn’t do anything now but love him, need him, he just didn’t know it.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! So so so sweet!

She didn't know anything about him- his name, his age, his favourite color. If he had lied to her about his own identity, about who he was, who was to say he hadn't lied to her about anything else? Everything else?
Hmm, good point -- I am not sure if they ever explored that angle in the show or not, but I think it's a very logical argument. How *would* Lois know that he hadn't been lying to her about everything else about himself. If he had lied about the biggest thing about himself, why hadn't he lied about the small things, too?

I think Clark is like the God of Kissing.
Awwwwwww! sloppy

And oh my god, what happened to Lucy???

Hurry up with part 3!

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, have you been taking 'evil cliffhanger' lessons from various other writers? If not, then you have natural talent.

You also have natural talent for writing. This was excellent. I especially enjoyed the cameo appearance of the neighbours!

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I also liked how Lois struggled with telling but not telling Lucy. It shows that as mad as she could get about finding out and Clark not telling her, she would never let the secret out.

Great part.

Barb.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks everybody again for your comments. Especially those growly threats. <g> Do I sense a pattern? I'm glad to see that my cliffhanger was effective, and that even Tank approved. <eg> Just wait till you get to the end of part 3...

Jen said:
I'll do your bidding oh master, oh evil one.
Why thank you!! I always love to keep a slave handy. <g>

Laura, I'm glad you liked my primal screams. I didn't know exactly how to write/spell them, so I threw in the neighbors, which seemed to work well.

Alicia, the line you quoted was thought up by my wonderful beta, Sara. Hats off to her for that one. (the typo is mine though, <g>)

Wow, have you been taking 'evil cliffhanger' lessons from various other writers?
No, I haven't, Irene, but if any such evil author wants to provide them, I'd be more than happy to take a lesson or two. <g>

Thanks to Jen, Pam, Meni, Liz, Laura, Anna B, Maria, Merry, Blayne (who can stop screaming like a baby. You have my permission <g>), Tank, Trenna, Tricia, Alicia, Irene, and Barb for your wonderful comments. I swear I've written more since I started posting and go all this encouragement than I ever thought I would.

Part 3 should be up tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Top Banana
Top Banana
ARTISTIC place to stop?!?!?!?!?!? razz

Coming late to this, sorry, but I had a few minutes of free time before I leave for a three-weeks holiday... actually that means I'm gonna have to live with that whinging

Right... off to check that I haven't forgotten anything here that I will think of when we're hundreds of miles away from here. peep

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm late, too. But I just came back after a few days of absence and find this story written by your hand...
Needless to say that I loved the first part or I wouldn't be here right now. laugh

The second part...first thing that came to mind when I finished reading:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Cliffhangers are okay, but will you do this to us after every part?????? I don't think I can survive this. *g*

I simply loved this part, too. Lois and Lucy...and then the WHAM! Of course poor Lois now has to scream for the one person she wants to see least...I'm really curious as to how that one goes!

~Sira~baited, and awaiting the promised part 3!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a wonderful segment, Caroline! I loved every minute of it. Great introspection from Lois at the start; loved her going back to kick the soda can. goofy

I howled with laughter at the reaction of the neighbours to screams from Lois's apartment. goofy

Not to mention Lois's whole attempt to explain the dinosaur-sized secret to Lucy - LOL! Absolutely wonderful dialogue there - and throughout the entire segment, too. clap

But...what?! WHAT?!?!? You can't stop there! By the time you post again Lucy could be dead!!! wildguy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just popping back to say I've slightly edited your posts, Sira and Laura - because your screams of protest <g> were long and went onto a second line they were making the comments folder so wide that the comments were disappearing off the right-hand side of the screen. So I just reduced them a smidgen to fix it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard