Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#38105 02/01/07 05:18 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You're welcome, but I'm not done yet. I swear--I'm finishing tonight.

"You know though, when you think about it, you sort of did have sex with him," Kelly continued. "After all, what is it they say now? When you have sex with someone, you have sex with all their partners and all their partners' partners. And since I was having sex with Clark and Lex and you were having sex with Lex..."
Lovely. That means that by extension Lois and Kelly have been having sex. (Oh, yeah; and Lois and Clark, too.)

"Let me take you home," he repeated.

"I loved him," she whispered.

"I know."

"I'll always love him."

His cheek was next to hers and she could feel him smile. "I know that, too."

"Then why are you still here?"

He let out a slow breath. "Because I'm hoping that some day you'll come to love me, too."

"And if I don't?"

He smiled again. "I'll take that chance. After all, I happen to think you're worth the risk."
This is poignant, honest, touching.

I have to admit that I didn't really emotionally process Clark's death. It just happened too fast and Clark is too beloved of a character. But maybe I'll get back to that feeling later.

"I'm going to adopt Clark's children," she said with absolute determination. "I promised him."

"But you know they aren't his..."

"They were in his heart," she said, knowing instantly that was enough.
Any adoptive parent will tell you they were Clark's kids.

Clark awoke with a start. It took him a moment to orient himself and another to realize he was floating. He fell back to his bed, bouncing on the hard surface.
You are a wicked, wicked woman.

Lisa said:
BWAHahahaha! Does a girl this innocent really exist?
Guilty as charged, but you still love me. Don't you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kelly cared for his children. Made his meals. Stayed out of trouble. Was never in danger. So why did he sometimes ache to tell her to jump out in front of a bus just so that he could swoop down to save her?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How boring.
There you go making my kind sound bad again. We're not bad. Honest. And I swear, just because I'm a good girl doesn't mean I would kill Superman.

And to weigh in on the epilogue idea, I felt it was a beautiful story and didn't care for the epilogue. Still, I recommended it to James, so it didn't ruin it for me.

Elisabeth

#38106 02/01/07 06:34 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'll probably rot in H-E-double-toothpicks for this, but I was laughing my a-dash-double-wiggley-snakes off for pretty much the entire ride. Real glad to know that this was meant as satire before reading! wink

And I found the epilogue to be amusing.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#38107 02/03/07 10:50 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
And I swear, just because I'm a good girl doesn't mean I would kill Superman.
I don't know, Elisabeth. I'm a little suspicious of you now laugh .

Real glad to know that this was meant as satire before reading!
Glad to see that someone shares my twisted sense of humor, Catherine thumbsup

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your feedback. It's been... interesting laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard