Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Couldn't resist when this guy popped into my head earlier! Hope you all enjoyed the little (read: teeny tiny) bit of silliness. Trying to jump back in again. hyper Also, I really do think this is the shortest thing I've ever written (although I have another lurking somewhere on my hard drive that gives it a run for it's money... maybe I'll post that soon too.)

Short story short, comments go here!

Fic

Last edited by Mouserocks; 02/19/19 02:50 AM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love it. Not only is it an amusing short story, it also provides a very serious glimpse into Clark's psychology. Brava.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hahaha, I can totally see Lois pouncing on her secret stash like a lioness over her kill. Nicely done!

Love how Clark immediately freezes, looking for what should be dangerous. He must live in a perpetual state of caution - luckily, he handles it well, whereas I would be a complete wreck.

Cute story! I wonder if Lois starts to share her stash once they're married. I'm thinking "what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours" does NOT apply to her chocolate bars. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
How do you do that?? How did you cram that much depth into less than 500 words and still have room for humor?! Teach me! hyper

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it! Like others have said, it's funny but also gives us a deeper look at Clark Kent. smile

~•~
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for commenting guys! Glad you all enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love it. Not only is it an amusing short story, it also provides a very serious glimpse into Clark's psychology. Brava.

Thanks Lynn! I thought it would be an interesting way to explore Clark's reaction to such a simple phrase. Glad you enjoyed!

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Hahaha, I can totally see Lois pouncing on her secret stash like a lioness over her kill. Nicely done!

Love how Clark immediately freezes, looking for what should be dangerous. He must live in a perpetual state of caution - luckily, he handles it well, whereas I would be a complete wreck.
Thanks! Lois doesn't play when it comes to chocolate. And I agree with you, being a not so decisive person myself... But, I think it helps to have super speed for processing these factors.

Cute story! I wonder if Lois starts to share her stash once they're married. I'm thinking "what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours" does NOT apply to her chocolate bars. wink

Dangit, Vicki. Why. Why you gotta put ideas like that in my brain... *sigh* keep your eyes peeled for the mini sequel entitled "ours" coming soon. (And also, thank you! sloppy )

Originally Posted by Endelda
How do you do that?? How did you cram that much depth into less than 500 words and still have room for humor?! Teach me! hyper

*blushes* Aww, E! You're too sweet. I honestly didn't mean to if that helps. The double fudge crunch twist came as a secondary thought, because I thought the contrast would be funny. laugh

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Love it! Like others have said, it's funny but also gives us a deeper look at Clark Kent. smile

Thank you. I appreciate it. Glad you all enjoyed my little random brain blurb.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hooray! Mouse is back! dance

"I'll say," Lois snorted derisively and flipped her locks over her shoulder. She moved past him quickly and snatched a box off her desk. Clark watched her every motion like a hawk. She waved the indistinct brown box through the air at him. "You're supposed to be backing away. Because if I ever catch you making a move on my secret stash of Double Fudge Crunch Bars again, there'll be hell to pay. You hear?" She scoffed. "See if I ever turn my back on these guys for one minute ever again."

Oh there were times in my life when touching the chocolate stash was call for mean words to anybody crazy enough to come near the stuff. So Lois, go ahead, defend what's your girl!

This was a cute little ficlet, but yet packs a wallop. It is really about what's going on in Clark's mind and how he has to be on guard so much of the time. Very well done. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Aww, just imagining little Clark confused about dangers. Poor Martha....
Awesome ficlet.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dangit, Vicki. Why. Why you gotta put ideas like that in my brain... *sigh* keep your eyes peeled for the mini sequel entitled "ours" coming soon. (And also, thank you! )

Ooooh! <bounces up and down in anticipation>

I'm always happy to aid in the breeding of plot bunnies! (So long as I don't need to tend to all of them, of course! wink ) Can't wait to see what you've cooked up for us!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
rotflol Never get between Lois and her chocolate bars! Amazing how you were able to so quickly establish and hold the tension in your story before the comic conclusion. I really felt Clark's nerves nearing the breaking point. Great writing! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard