A/N: Little bit of humor that popped into my brain as I slowly start perusing the boards again... Super short! Probably the shortest thing I've ever written. Based on the weekly Kerth Challenge #6, option C.

*****LnC*****

"Don't touch that!"

Clark froze, ice chasing down his back at her tone. He scanned everything in front of him for the item that appeared to be dangerous. "What?" He didn't notice anything suspect, no sharp edges or hot coffee mugs. Nothing risky of any sort, as far as he could tell.

Lois' voice was shrill and a little venomous when she huffed at him. "What do you mean, what? You need your eyes checked, Kent?"

He stayed frozen, mind racing, still nervous about making a wrong move and ruining everything. It was such a thin construct. The disguise, the glasses, the posture he adopted in the suit... None of it would mean anything if he did something reckless and didn't flinch. His mind's eye took him back to first grade and touching his mother's iron--hearing the same outrageous cry of fear, and not understanding why she was so adament that the warm metal of the press was so scary. He lived in strict observance of other people's fears, determined not to get it wrong ever again. But somehow, without even knowing what he did or why it was bad, Lois was warning him to stay away from something near her desk, and he was clueless what it should be.

He licked his parched lips. "Am I supposed to be doing something right now?"

"I'll say," Lois snorted derisively and flipped her locks over her shoulder. She moved past him quickly and snatched a box off her desk. Clark watched her every motion like a hawk. She waved the indistinct brown box through the air at him. "You're supposed to be backing away. Because if I ever catch you making a move on my secret stash of Double Fudge Crunch Bars again, there'll be hell to pay. You hear?" She scoffed. "See if I ever turn my back on these guys for one minute ever again."

He blinked, muscles unwinding slowly as he unraveled her babbling word vomit. "What?"

She clutched the box to her chest tightly and growled. "Mine."

She stormed away, footsteps echoing, and the world slowly came back into focus. He shook his head to clear away the last vestiges of panic, and readjusted the glasses on his face. "That woman," he sighed, a wry smile creeping up the corners of his mouth as the hilarity of the situation slowly sunk in. "Always keeping me on my toes."

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain