Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#281416 07/18/18 10:18 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It has recently come up that in the episodes Home is Where the Hurt Is and Ordinary People, Lois mentions having a brother. This is clearly a goof, but...what if it wasn't? What if Lois really had a brother?

So! Is this brother older, younger, or twin? Half or step, maybe? Does he try to push her towards Clark, or does he go into stay-away-from-my-sister mode? What about Superman? How did the Lanes' train-wreck of a marriage impact him?

If you can't commit to a whole story yet, feel free to just spitball here! smile

~•~
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Soul...Mates?

I remember reading this one by Wendy and Tank years ago that sees Clark meeting Lucas (Luc) Lane who turns out to be Lois’ twin. I don’t remember the whole story as it was a very long time ago when I read it

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The "brother" was actually the family dog. wink

On a more serious note, what if the brother was older by, say 10 years? And maybe when the brother was 20 and Lois was 10, the brother was murdered? The police have no leads, no one is ever arrested. This makes Lois livid and right then and there, she decides to become an investigative journalist (despite her parents disliking the idea) so that she can a) maybe find his killer(s) and bring him/her/them to justice and b) make sure no other families have to go through what her family did.

Feel free to nab the bunny if you like it. My yard is way too full of reproducing little bunnies to even attempt to take a stab at the idea.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What if Lois's brother was trying to push her toward his good buddy and college bestie Clark, an all-around decent and upstanding guy who would never treat a woman poorly and thinks Lois hung the moon, but trying to ward off Superman - this stranger who appears to be after his sister, seems to be interfering with Clark's chances, and is definitely not from around here?

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois has a half-brother she doesn't know about. One day, while dangling over the jaws of death like an hors d'oeuvre, she is rescued by this dashing guy and her boring partner, Clark Kent. The attraction is immediate -- and immediately raises the hackles of Clark, Lex Luthor, and Ellen Lane, who knows that guy reminds her someone, but can't quite put her finger on who.

Meanwhile, Lois and her new boyfriend bond over the mutual experience of having absentee fathers ...

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Features Writer
Features Writer
CarolM's On the Other Hand and its sequel, Unanswered Prayers, address this in a unique way.

Spoiler:
Before she married Sam, Ellen had a son whom she gave up for adoption.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Features Writer
Features Writer
I checked the DVDs. In Ordinary People, Lois said it was her sister not her brother, and the whole section of her family at Christmas wasn't included in Home Is Where the Hurt Is. Apparently the brother was corrected by the time the final versions were released, at least on DVD. And as a matter of trivia, both episodes had the same writers and apparently in early versions the same error.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hmmm... If I were an investigative reporter, I'd suspect a coverup. wink

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard