Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry, forgot to comment here - hope everything goes really well with the new farm; my experience of farms unfortunately amounts to seeing someone else get a nasty shock by leaning on an electrified cattle fence during an ecology field trip, so the useful advice I can give is pretty minimal...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am beginning to think Lois will be stuck in the future permanently.

John Pack Lambert
E
Blogger
Blogger
E
I've always been the silent/lurking reader that reads what's there and doesn't comment or offer feedback and praise, but I figured I should probably start now. Recently I noticed that I was getting bored with the fandom as I had already read most of the fanfictions. I've always been a fan of your stories (a silent fan) yet for some reason I don't think I came across this one in the past, or if I had it didn't spark my immediate interest. But I just finished reading it and I absolutely loved the idea and plot, and became engrossed in it (even going as far as staying up until 6am trying to read as much of it as I could before I finally crashed). Somehow it has reawakened my interest and love of this fan community. And I know that this story hasn't been updated in 2 years but if you do ever come back to it, just know that I will be eagerly waiting and the first to read it.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I , too, am a lurker. Two years since the last posting? shock I have never given up hope that additional parts of this story will be posted. The premise is imaginative. The angst ridden plot longs for resolution. jawdrop

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
G'day!

Many apologies for the long absence. Instead of re-typing my reasons (excuses!), I'll quote a previous post.

Originally Posted by Female Hawk
What happened in real life can be summed up in three words and is not bad at all - in fact, it's a dream come true.

Bought. A. Farm.

So I haven't been writing much because my mind is filled with the million things I need to learn (how to tell when a cow is in season, how to eartag a lamb/calf, how to register a property (and then livestock) on the gov website, how to stop a calf biting her mother's teats, how to treat the injured teats, how to make yoghurt, how to train a Livestock Guardian Dog, how to make cheese, how to vaccinate young livestock, how to grow good pasture, how to know which minerals I should be offering cattle/sheep, how to stop bugs eating seedlings, how to rebuild a tumbledown chicken shed, how to construct a fox-proof fence, ...)

When I do actually sit down and open up my computer, I usually spend a long time searching for answers to the day's questions. And then I browse seed catalogues. Or search sites similar to Craig's List for animals and equipment. By the time I open up the fic, I'm too exhausted to think.

The farm still takes up a lot of my time. After more than two years, it still feels as if we're just beginning. I'm loving it all, though!

Thanks to everyone for your continuing interest in the story. The reason I haven't replied in the past is that nothing had changed - I was hoping to continue the story, but couldn't see it happening any time soon.

However, I began working on it again a couple of weeks ago and then (to my surprise) this thread jumped to the top of the list.

So, still no promises or even a guess as to when new chapters might appear.

But I haven't forgotten this wonderful place and people, and I haven't abandoned the story.

Morgana - thanks for your PM. I hope this answers your question. smile

Got to go and milk my sweet girl, Mirren! And feed 3 calves. And check on 4 ewes due to lamb in about a month. And check/comfort two lambs separated from their mothers for weaning. And open up the back gate so the cows can feed in the channel paddock. Then a big day in the vegetable garden, and *maybe* some writing this evening.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woohoo! Lovely to see you back on here Corrina. Have fun and we look forward to more story when time permits. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard